DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I do not understand the outrage.  Those shorts Karen Gillian has on match her outfit perfectly and she wore the midriff top because the jungle is humid and she doesn't want to smell like a mule..

• Like 1

FOX has announced that The Force (a movie based on Don Winslow's novel of the same name) will be released on March 1, 2019. It will be directed by James Mangold and David Mamet is doing the adaptation.

March 1 is also the release date of How to Train Your Dragon 3 and I couldn't think of two more different audiences those movies will be appealing too.

On 6/29/2017 at 11:21 AM, RIPPA said:

Here is the international version which is same but different

This looks less funny than Baywatch.  When did the Rock start hating us?

God help me, I am kinda interested in why the other girl grew up to be an man.

One girl grows up to be a man, the other grows up to be Karen Gillan.  More proof that life is not fair.

I showed my wife the trailer with no backstory and her response was "Holy Shit - Why do I feel like I really want to see that movie now?"

Granted for her she is a HUGE Karen Gillan mark

I played it off as clearly wanting to see the Rock and not Gillan running around in a tank top. 

THE LAST FACE

Starring Charlize Theron and Javier Bardem

Directed by Sean Penn

This is the movie that got viciously booed at Cannes this year.  I'm starting to see why. 

Apparently the opening text compares the Sudan Civil War to the brutality of love between a man and a woman.  That drew laughter from the crowd at Cannes.  And it's apparently somehow downhill from there.

That bums me out. I really love Penn's two films with Nicholson and always wished he directed more, but that looks like a broad parody of the kind of film someone would expect him to make based on his self seriousness. But hey, Jean Reno sighting. 

This doesn't even seen like Oscar bait for today. This seems like Oscar bait from when Sean Penn was still relevant as an actor. Maybe he stopped watching films as of six or seven years ago.

• Like 1

Another trailer for that terrible Geostorm movie

This time they decided to set a billion people dying to some bitching Classic rock