DVDVR Message Board

[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I recall seeing The Assignment available on netflix a good month or two ago. I also recall hearing about it from Bleeding Cool last year. I'm surprised this is only just being discovered here now.

The last time I saw it, it was being called Tomboy: A Revenger's Tale or something to that effect with no distributor or release date. This wasn't that long ago. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon when I see it on YouTube in the related videos.

The English language remake of The Intouchables will be out 03/09/18

It stars Bryan Cranston, Kevin Hart, Nicole Kidman and Julianna Marguiles

kevin-hart.jpg

The Assignment played at the Toronto Film Festival last year, under the name (Re)Assignment, so I guess it's gone through a couple of name changes.  I didn't see it, but everyone hated it from what I understand.

Wasn't there a Pedro Almodovar movie that had basically the same plot and everyone thought it was just super?

20 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Apparently, the transgender community boycotted this film. Wait, when did this happen? Also, they must have a shitload of time of their hands for a film distributed by Saban Films.

Don't choose this hill to die on.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Don't choose this hill to die on.  

There wasn't a boycott. Someone from GLAAD said they were disappointed in the plot of the film. They have bigger fish to fry than a film only a handful of people will see or already saw.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Daddy's Home 2

Yup... that is some casting...

I thought Daddy's Home bombed and figured it was a shitty movie. Imagine my surprise when it made a bunch of money and people said that it was funnier than I would think.

And then I watched Daddy's Home. Wow. I don't think I laughed once. It was really bad. Judging by the trailer, I don't think that's going to improve.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Daddy's Home 2

Yup... that is some casting...

So, is John Cena in this?   Because I can't see him. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Another Detroit trailer

This looks incredible.  But, by God, if it doesn't have Willie Horton walking the streets in his Tigers jersey...

Goodbye Christopher Robin

Starring Margot Robbie, Domhnall Gleeson, and Kelly Macdonald

I'm probably going to see this on an airplane and the people sitting next to me are going to wonder why a grown man is weeping. 

10 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh my god... This. Is. A. BAD. IDEA. 

Holy shit. 

I'm way, way more against Jay Z and whomever he was working with doing an Emmett Till film. It's probably because I'm from a town not too far from Money, MS, but that's really honing in on the black suffering theme. When we do get black empowerment type films, they either add unnecessary fictional shit w/ a pseudo white savior (Hidden Figures) or they have a white savior tell you to take the suffering (42). In the case of Birth of a Nation, it's an outright smear campaign. So fuck it.

THE ONLY LIVING BOY IN NEW YORK

Starring Kate Beckinsale, Callum Turner, Pierce Brosnan, Cynthia Nixon, and Jeff Bridges