RIPPA

Movie
[MOVIE] 2017 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

748 posts in this topic

If you haven't noticed - I tried to write what the movie is under the trailer (if one is posted) as that way folks can find it if they are using the search feature

For Example

Going In Style

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy shit @ the airbrushing in that still frame.  Alan Arkin looks like Bruce Willis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The full Cars 3 trailer will debut during the National Championship game.

I was gonna say that seemed like an odd time but then I remembered the Disney/ESPN connection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice to see Zach Braff living up to his potential with that shitty septuagenarian bank robbing movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, EVA said:

Holy shit @ the airbrushing in that still frame.  Alan Arkin looks like Bruce Willis.

I was thinking that was Patrick Stewart(didn't watch the trailer). . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So as far as I can tell the first trailer officially released in 2017 is a fucking 50 Shades Darker one. Movies suck

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Especially that one. . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Founder

I legit thought this was already out but I guess not until 1/20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So The Founder is coming out the same weekend as Split and xXx: Do I Really Want To See This Sequel?

Hmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The trailer for Despicable Me 3:

My daughter is 14 and has outgrown Minions.  I am so very grateful that.

Looking forward to when this comes out, I think that Wonder Woman and The Mummy are the only movies in June 2017 I am interested in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Judging only by the titles, there is some bad-looking stuff this summer for sure.  Captain Underpants, Bad Dads (the next step in the Bad Moms franchise!), The Emoji Movie, and this Blazing Samurai movie which based on the poster appears to be a Kung Fu Panda ripoff except with a cat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Judging only by the titles, there is some bad-looking stuff this summer for sure.  Captain Underpants, Bad Dads (the next step in the Bad Moms franchise!), The Emoji Movie, and this Blazing Samurai movie which based on the poster appears to be a Kung Fu Panda ripoff except with a cat.

After listening to NPR on the way home from work yesterday, not only was I surprised that the Captain Underpants movie was a thing, the books have a huge following that have been waiting YEARS for a movie adaptation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well Dreamworks got the rights in 2011

Shocker - in typical Hollywood fashion, it took 6 years to get a movie out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Founder

I legit thought this was already out but I guess not until 1/20

It is/was out.  It did its one week run in NY/LA in mid-December to get award-eligible.   There was some talk that Nick Offerman might get a nod for playing one of the McDonald brothers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Captain Underpants live action or CG?  If it's CG 6 years seems kinda quick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

000245322.jpg

CG I guess based on literally the only photo that has ever been released of it.

It was originally supposed to come out this month but Boss Baby took its release date so now it is June 2017

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kevin Hart does the voice for George Beard, the black kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Founder was awesome. Very well written. No excess characters. Everyone's motivations make sense. You care about each character for better or worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Baywatch trailer

Zac Effron is dreamy. Oh and I guess technically NSFW for language

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having just watched the Alien Covenant trailer, I think I'm the only person going into this just wanting answers about the Engineers/their homeworld/what happened/why they wanted to wipe us out rather than to watch an Alien film per se.

Although having watched that glimpse I reckon that the Aliens we know and love were actually created by David using the knowledge he accrued in Prometheus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cars 3

Apparently the Inception horn is now a thing in Pixar trailers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Although having watched that glimpse I reckon that the Aliens we know and love were actually created by David using the knowledge he accrued in Prometheus

That makes so much sense it should probably be spoilered. Then again, they might make everything a whole lot more convoluted just because. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding the Baywatch trailer: 'It sounds like a really entertaining, but farfetched TV show.' *WINK*

God, I hate it when they do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

Having just watched the Alien Covenant trailer, I think I'm the only person going into this just wanting answers about the Engineers/their homeworld/what happened/why they wanted to wipe us out rather than to watch an Alien film per se.

Although having watched that glimpse I reckon that the Aliens we know and love were actually created by David using the knowledge he accrued in Prometheus

I know I'd much rather see a sequel picking up from where Pormetheus left off. . . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Youth in Oregon

Eventually Frank Langella is no longer going to be in movies and I am going to be sad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now