DVDVR Message Board

[NOV 2016] WRESTLING DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

3 minutes ago, nate said:

Why, pray tell, might Randy Orton be out of Survivor Series?

http://www1.ewrestlingnews.com/news/john-cena-and-randy-orton-no-longer-advertised-for-survivor-series

PWInsider reported that John Cena and Randy Orton aren’t advertised for Survivor Series anymore. Cena was advertised previously, though WWE removed from listings for the event. He has taken time off to film his FOX reality competition series American Grit. Orton is additionally set to miss the Smackdown taping and house shows for the week following Survivor Series. He will return at the November 29th Smackdown taping. The reason he will miss shows is unknown.

I have zero interest in ever seeing The Undertaker again. I hate this era of having part time guys that show up a few times a year. All it does is make the majority say, "These current guys suck. They're not as good as the Undertaker, Austin, The Rock, etc."

• Like 4

For those still wondering:

UPDATE: Dave Meltzer notes that the new show will be done live from the SmackDown tapings on Tuesday nights and Talking Smack will now air at 11 p.m. ET. At this point the cruiserweights will still work Raw and shoot angles for the show the next night.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-network-debuting-new-cruiserweight-series-month-223796

21 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Kota Ibushi looks like a genius now for not signing with the 'E.

Especially since he can still come and go as he pleases (He put over Bobby Roode at the NXT show in LA)

1 hour ago, Go2Sleep said:

They couldn't just give the CW show the ME/Superstars spot before SDL? A pre-taped show with a full/hot crowd would be preferable to a worn-out crowd where the families with young kids are filing out.

I asked a similar question not long ago.  Just designate one of those hours for the Cruiserweights, and show clips from the tapings on RAW and/or SDL as deemed fit.

Or, to take from @Wyld Samurai's idea, make NXT 90 minutes long and have them on the show with Asuka, Nakamura, and the like.  NXT isn't truly a development show anymore, anyway. Make that a full-on 'indie' show and figure out something else for the newbies who need a bit of TV time.

17 hours ago, odessasteps said:

i also worked at an mcw show he promoted at a high svhool or church and we all had to pray begore the show. 

Where did they manage to find the cross that would carry Rhino during the Passion Play?

*I just had to*

Meltzer's theory is that Randy Orton is Taker's Mania opponent because that would explain the heel turn out of nowhere.

So they will start shooting the angle in a couple of weeks

As much as I'd want it to take place of Main Event, don't they have contracts for that to air them overseas?  Depending on what a country gets it might not be entirely easy to swap out a show full of C-level wrestlers for Cruserweights.  As absurd as that might sound that could be the mentality of those that decided to have it at 10.  And considering Main Event and Suerstars do recaps of Raw and Smackdown, would you really want that to cut into the CW show?

I'm hoping they come to their senses and have it elsewhere.  Doing it at Full Sail would be much better, and like someone said do that before the NXT tapings.

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Meltzer's theory is that Randy Orton is Taker's Mania opponent because that would explain the heel turn out of nowhere.

So they will start shooting the angle in a couple of weeks

Or, if he's actually in the Survivor Series match, he's facing Braun at Mania. 

14 hours ago, JRGoldman said:

Does anyone else remember the contest that WCW had where you could write a rap for PN News and he would rap it at a PPV? The winner was hilariously bad, and it's been a point of fascination for me to see what the other entries were like, or if WCW just picked one essentially at random.

Me and my dad made a pretty great one but it mentioned Ric Flair a lot and then BOOM he's on WWF TV so we didnt send it in

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I have zero interest in ever seeing The Undertaker again. I hate this era of having part time guys that show up a few times a year. All it does is make the majority say, "These current guys suck. They're not as good as the Undertaker, Austin, The Rock, etc."

What bothers me more is Taker is a 50 year old man who needs help to get around. He's had one of the all time great runs. Just leave him be. I do not want to see him go out like Sting.

The question I have is what makes the part timer a draw. Is it the act or the fact that he is presented as a big deal and rarely on tv?

Can Nak be a big draw just by being something different, being presented as a big deal and used mainly on the big ppvs?