DVDVR Message Board

What if they held a RAW and nobody watched 9/26/16

evilwaldo

Ahh. I don't get Superstars here. Yes, I know it's on the Network, but, you know. 

I hope "Baron" Corbin Bersen is guest host for this "L.A. Raw". 

[...] 

::edit:: 

I'm an idiot and forgot about Kutcher and Masterson. Well, there goes that dumb joke. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

Cody Rhodes wasn't kidding about getting celebs who are about 10 years past their prime. I like That 70's Show as much as the next person, but it would of been fun of the WWE to get them back in oh say 2003.

Kutcher was on RAW to promote Dude Where's My Car? in 2000. Edge and Christian didn't like be accused like that. It was OK though, Tazz said he'd call Joey Numbers to take care of things.

I'm pretty convinced Seth Rollins' whole "<Dad Joke> Ha Ha! Amiright?! Ha Ha!" routine was partly him trying to be a proper heel, and partly his way of telling the writers that their jokes aren't funny and there's no way to deliver them to make them amusing. He doesn't really do it any more, now he's turned Face, does he?

9 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Where's Neville and why is there no mention of him in general and/or especially for the Cruiserweight division?

The announcers mentioned him by name during the Cruiserweight title match.

I loved that both KO and Jericho didn't randomly have their ring gear on under their Highlight Reel clothes and ended up wrestling the match in warm up/hipster Jericho gear.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I enjoyed Mick Foley looking like a bitch

That was just brutal. I zoomed wildly between laughing at his complete emasculation and feeling sorry for him.

Otherwise, that was a Raw. That cruisers tag match sure was head-droppy. I fear this is gonna be the head drop division, because if one of them goes out due to neck surgery, HHH can shake a tree and have three more fall out ready to take his place. Division badly needs more true heels instead of this handshaky shit. First time I've seen Nese - he was fun. Rusev-Reigns was fun. The Cesaro-Sheamus tag team could be fun, though that seemed stupid - just have one more match, must be a winner, winner take all.

BTW, that Enzo/Cass-Jericho/Owens exchange with Owens correcting Jericho's spelling ("It's Enzo...you've got Ezno!"), Jericho's threat of sitting on Big Cass' lap (Complete with reactions from Owens, Cass and Enzo), followed by Jericho's insistence that he said he was going to punch him in the face is the best-executed bit of WWE comedy in a LONG time.  Just perfect delivery and reactions.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Is it bad that it's starting to get to the point where I only look forward to Raw mostly for the wacky LOCAL COMPETITORS that may show up? I've really been enjoying seeing who they've been bringing in, with Ellsworth, Johnny Knockout, and Deliah Doom favorites so far.

15 hours ago, caley said:

Also, that crowd was the worst.  CM Punk chants?  What is this? 2012?!

Quoted because in a Facebook group chat with all three of my wrestling friends (Gee, am I popular or what?) I said this exact thing. And I mean word for word, the entire thing from Also to 2012?!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

Here's the reply of that

Raw-05-2.gif?resize=314,176

Cedric has his new super finisher. The Thoracic/Cervical Check

Pretty obvious no-effort Raw this week. I like the decision to team Sheamus/Cesaro. Also happy to see Gulak make it on Raw. Surprised that we're getting Sasha/Charlotte and Perkins/Kendrick next week instead of at HIAC, but hopefully it frees up some new programs (I'd dig Sasha/Nia and Perkins/Neville). Unfortunately, Rusev/Roman is going all the way to the cell. Normally I think complaints about Steph making people look bad are exaggerated, but that berating of Foley went on forever. At least it was just Foley who looks like a goof in this power struggle anyway.

Gotta admit, I laughed at the headline and picture.  I honestly expected ratings to be much worse than that to be honest.  I bet they feel lucky the debate didn't start at 8.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/raw-ratings-trumped-first-presidential-debate-221661

44 minutes ago, NickMD said:

Gotta admit, I laughed at the headline and picture.  I honestly expected ratings to be much worse than that to be honest.  I bet they feel lucky the debate didn't start at 8.

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/raw-ratings-trumped-first-presidential-debate-221661

I read that and thought "So basically he's concluding that it's a good thing that fewer wrestling fans than football fans watched the debate."

Then I realized I had no real argument against that assertion.