DVDVR Message Board

What if they held a RAW and nobody watched 9/26/16

evilwaldo

Yeah, so there was a RAW tonight opposite a debate and MNF.

I did not watch all of it but what I did see:

Reigns/Rusev was a good opener.

The cruisers did nothing for me.

I caught part of the BDSM chat.  Not sure what people are complaining about regarding Dana.  I would do squats in the gym with Dana anytime.  How you doin'?

The end was meh.  I know what they were going for but meh.

Enjoyed the cruiserweight tag match and main event. Everything else was ...something. 

Cedric's Lumbar Check was pretty filthy  

Jericho looks cool in that gear though. He should switch. 

The crowd sucked, but it's not like they had a lot to get worked up about. 

9 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Meanwhile, Metalico actually got an emotion out of one of the mannequin-like edecanes in Puebla tonight.

Crap, I forgot Lucha was even on tonight. It's because Cubs is in Mexico (or something about a Wall). How was the title match or is that the main?

I watched a full hour of RAW, then I watched an entire presidential debate that seemed like it went on FOOOOOREVVVER...

and when that debate was over, there was still another 1/2 hour of Raw to get through.  It's like the WWE warps time every Monday and I come out 30 years older at 11:15 than I was at 8:00.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, mattdangerously said:

I hope Gallows and Anderson didn't delete Gedo's number from their phones.

They need to be on SD with AJ. Send Cesaro, Sami, Gallows, and Anderson to SD for Kane, Orton, Kalisto (he needs to be w/ the cruisers), and Ziggler. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Hey, It's still on and the title match is next. Granted I have no idea if Angel de Oro vs Dragon Rojo Jr is a match for people not used to CMLL. Rojo did have one really good match earlier this year though.

its like they knew Cubs and Rob flew home today and didnt try tonight. The main event has Pierroth in it, for goodness sake.

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

They need to be on SD with AJ. Send Cesaro, Sami, Gallows, and Anderson to SD for Kane, Orton, Kalisto (he needs to be w/ the cruisers), and Ziggler. 

Along with a second round draft pick, a WTBNL and cash. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, sabremike said:

That crowd was so awful I blame them for killing Harambe.

As for that chant, the U.S. Bank Arena isn't that far from the Cincinnati Zoo.

It's possible a couple of people at tonight's show were actually at the zoo on that fateful day and were deeply moved by Harambe's plight so they wanted to start a ruckus while they were on TV.

I know, I know, more likely just folks needing a replacement chant for Cena Sucks, can't stick to CM Punk all night, but it's still possible how that got going.

Hmm, I must be in the minority, as I thought this was a really fun show, though I did have the benefit of DVR to plow past Seth Rollins promos, Steph promo, and that whole Charlotte-Sasha thing (I caught the last couple minutes, I assume that covered everything).

Jericho and Owens were just great tonight.  Jericho saying the Jeritron cost $6500 6 years ago.  Owens saying he wasn't going to wear a suit because he's in Cincinnati (***) then laughing and saying you're not going to want to cheer that and trashing Dean Ambrose, followed by Jericho saying he still owes him $17,000 and Owens saying "You're never going to see it...he's a bum." was incredible.  The main event was actually a ton of fun with a nice big definitive victory for the champ, though one can't help but wonder if it would have meant a little more if they had thrown Sami Zayn in there, somehow.

I kinda sorta thought/hoped that's where they were going to go with Cesaro/Sheamus.  From what I've been able to gather, all the wrestlers like Sheamus a lot, so maybe they figure this is a way to get him back over with the crowd.  It could be a lot of fun, really.  BTW, the part in the match where Byron Saxton said (paraphrasing) "It's like getting into a fistfight with your friend, then having to go on vacation with him" followed by a beat then Corey Graves going "What? That didn't even make sense. What kind of friends do you have where you're fighting with them then going on vacation together?" and Saxton quietly saying "I have some weird friends."  I know I'm way in the minority, but I actually think Saxton is really funny on commentary as the guy who's really enthusiastic and nerdy that the other announcers make fun of.

New Day-Anderson/Gallows was a really entertaining match but even the crowd seemed moderately disappointed that New Day won.  I now firmly believe New Day are going to break Demolition's record so WWE can stop mentioning them.  Not sure where they go with Anderson/Gallows now.

Cruiserweights are fine and still getting that "Whoa this is different" vibe from the crowd, but eventually they're going to have to make some more of them heels because there's only so much "Hey that guy kicked that guy really hard, then that guy kicked that guy really hard, I hope the second kicking guy wins" matches you do.  I can't help but feel, so far, from the Raw matches, so far (Didn't see the CWC or CoC) that WWE picked the least interesting personality/wrestler to be the champ out of all the guys they have signed so far.  I don't know if that was Tony Nese's highlight reel and he has no more highspots left to do now, but he looked markedly more like a guy WWE would build their cruiser division around than Perkins has, so far.  Personally, I'd have Perkins defeat Kendrick next week, then have Neville come out afterwards and challenge him for the title.

Also, that crowd was the worst.  CM Punk chants?  What is this? 2012?!

• Like 1

I had the show on in the background mostly, but it had its moments.

Highlights: Kofi being busted open hardway, Cesaro and Sheamus toying with two jobbers, Tony Nese, Jericho offering to sit on Big Cass' lap, Jericho and Owens in general

• Like 1

Kofi tapped a gusher. Would have looked even better if GALLOWS AND ANDERSON WON THE DAMN MATCH. I don't think Vince will be happy until the crowd turns on New Day again. I really hope they don't make a run at Demolition's title reign. Another three months of this...eesh.

• Like 1

Meaningless comment, but I read this thread's title in the 30 For 30 guy's voice. Speaking of, not to go off-topic, but when the hell is Ric Flair's episode supposed to air? It feels like forever since it was mentioned as being finished and ready to go.