DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

39 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Interesting they put Heenan at the center of that. 

It's because he's surrounded by the Heenan Family (Perfect, Haku, Andre, Barbarian, Rude)

10 hours ago, Matt788 said:

1990_poster_web_small_by_jasonwulf-d6qwi

Was that what the Hasbro's were originally supposed to look like? Some of em are the same, some of em are different, some of em never existed.

... 32 years and I still regret getting rid of my Hasbro collection :(

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CreativeControl said:

Was that what the Hasbro's were originally supposed to look like? Some of em are the same, some of em are different, some of em never existed.

... 32 years and I still regret getting rid of my Hasbro collection :(

Nope. Purely artist renderings that someone did a few years ago. They aren't based on any 'inside' information on the Hasbro line. 

52 minutes ago, ivpvideos said:

It just reminds me how upset I am that the Hasbros never did managers. As a kid I wanted Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart at ringside so I had to use Ninja Turtles figures to play their parts. 

I remember using my Terminator 2 figure as Diesel back in the day haha

3 hours ago, ivpvideos said:

It just reminds me how upset I am that the Hasbros never did managers. As a kid I wanted Bobby Heenan and Jimmy Hart at ringside so I had to use Ninja Turtles figures to play their parts. 

I'm way younger than you so we had manager figures but there was still a lot of improvising. And that took some imagination, because Clarence Mason and Rick Rude do NOT look alike. Weirdest DX ever.

51 minutes ago, PetrolCB said:

In shape Foley is a strange sight. I'm so used to pear shape Foley. 

Keep in mind he and Eric Embry may have been fighting over light heavyweight title at the time.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2016 at 11:33 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of Puerto Rico -- HOLY SHIT. 

13920947_10155150546929251_3304551505326

I know, right? What were we thinking, nominating Dukakis?

I've told @Dolfan in NYC this story: my photojournalism instructor at Bradley actually worked for El Vocero in the 70s-80s. He eventually quit when they wanted him to ride shotgun with a reporter whose job it was to inform people that a family member had been murdered or somesuch, so he could shoot their reactions to the news. There's "fucking sleazy" and then there's THAT.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I know, right? What were we thinking, nominating Dukakis?

I've told @Dolfan in NYC this story: my photojournalism instructor at Bradley actually worked for El Vocero in the 70s-80s. He quit the job when they asked him to ride shotgun with a reporter whose job it was to inform people that a family member had been murdered or somesuch, so he could shoot their reactions to the news. There's "fucking sleazy" and then there's THAT.

Idk...i took some journalism classes and i walked away thinking about how all we do is document the human experience in all it's stranger and crazy existence. Yeah that's a shitty job and cashing in on it is not something most would do, but the internet exist and it's not like that is even close to the bottom of the barrel anymore.

I've seen photo books based around similar topics and really it's about presentation of subject matter that seems to matter most.

Agreed, she's quite pretty yet it's hard not to think that.

And the timing of Sasha's engagement didn't strike me until that photo.  I'm sure it's a coincidence but I got a chuckle out of that.