DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

Guys I'm looking for a photo I think I may have posted here years ago: it is this massive random painting of The Warlord in his 1991 get up, if memory recalls in India. Sounds mental, but this is legit. The thing was like 20ft.  

16 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

This is why I only ran one show.  (The fact I lost two grand on it and nearly had a nervous breakdown post-show from the overall stress of the day is COMPLETELY inconsequential.)

What, and give up show biz?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

This is why I only ran one show.  (The fact I lost two grand on it and nearly had a nervous breakdown post-show from the overall stress of the day is COMPLETELY inconsequential.)

Russo's special talent, as I think Cornette said once, was convincing people he was a pivotal part of the wrestling boom.  It's not a great skill, but say what you want about, it paid the bills for him for a long-ass time.

After reading @Michael Sweetser and @Marty Sugar's posts in this thread, I think we need a thread where former workers, promoters, etc are here post hilarious/crazy stories of things they've seen, heard or dealt with over the years.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PetrolCB said:

I actually spent several minutes searching Google for pictures of the Warlord, trying to help you out.

I now hate you. 

Ahh, who am I kidding, I had the time.

Still though. You're a bastard. 

The pursuit will be worth it when you find the gold. Its seriously one of the most random things ever.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

What, and give up show biz?

I never gave up show biz.  Just stopped running it on my own dime.  (Mostly.)

1 hour ago, cwoy2j said:

After reading @Michael Sweetser and @Marty Sugar's posts in this thread, I think we need a thread where former workers, promoters, etc are here post hilarious/crazy stories of things they've seen, heard or dealt with over the years.

I would be TOTALLY up for this.  I haven't seen a lot of really crazy stuff (Marty's got a few stories) but I've been around some cool stuff over the past decade, esp. in my time in DOA dealing with outside talent.  This is a crazy and insane business and despite some of the headaches, I've loved being a part of it.

• Like 2

On 8/9/2016 at 0:09 PM, Pete said:

13925038_1240329012668565_34070639556878

Look what we got ova here...

Wait.  Are they photshopped onto other people's bodies because in this picture Cass looks like an average-sized dude and Enzo looks like Hornswoggle.  Normally Enzo looks average and Cass looks like a giant.

Is it the fence? Forced perspectivea/  WHAT"S HAPPENING??

Great, so October is coming, where companies try to guilt you into buying pink shit to bolster "awareness," where 1% of 1% goes to nebulous research and the rest lines the Komen staff's coffers.  Wrestling partnering with Komen and Wounded Warrior is really a great fit; just a bunch of carnies.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

When our shoot DVDs are ready for sale, Sweetser and I will let you guys order it first... ;) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

It's a damn shame the Warlord never clocked anybody with his W staff while Slick had the referee's attention diverted. Then, maybe he could have gotten a win in his best of 800 series against Davey Boy. 

I still refer to that as the never ending fued of 91. Take a shot every time Gorilla says 'irresistible force meeting the immovable object' too 

• Like 1