DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST 2016 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

5 hours ago, cwoy2j said:

And the fact that the stuff we saw was what made it through the filter. What was the stuff that made VINCE F'N MCMAHON, the man who wanted to do an incest angle with his own daughter and has had multiple grown men kiss his ass on live tv, say, "wait a minute guys, this is a bit much".

Russo was known for pitching a million ideas at once, and Vince would pluck a handful of what he thought would be good ones. I cannot justify his weird obsession with incest, but he's a billionaire so what the Hell do we know?

When I book my shows, lots of guys offer up ideas (mostly how to get themselves positioned as Champ, but that's indie wrestling for you), and I will usually only take a portion of their idea and combine it with my ideas and other guys' ideas to get to a final idea that I think will work best. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it falls flat...and almost always it doesn't involve incest or bestiality or mocking anyone with facial tics or burying the talented kids who dare to get over on social media or being outright (or even subtly) racist.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Marty Sugar said:

Russo was known for pitching a million ideas at once, and Vince would pluck a handful of what he thought would be good ones. I cannot justify his weird obsession with incest, but he's a billionaire so what the Hell do we know?

When I book my shows, lots of guys offer up ideas (mostly how to get themselves positioned as Champ, but that's indie wrestling for you), and I will usually only take a portion of their idea and combine it with my ideas and other guys' ideas to get to a final idea that I think will work best. Sometimes it works well, sometimes it falls flat...and almost always it doesn't involve incest or bestiality or mocking anyone with facial tics or burying the talented kids who dare to get over on social media or being outright (or even subtly) racist.

The lesson I've learned is that people who are rich that didn't start that way are generally very good at doing something that pays well. This would seem like an obvious "you don't say" kind of a thing, but the important thing is that's ALL that makes them different. They aren't better people, they aren't worse, or more accurately, some are better, some are worse, they're all just people who succeeded at making money.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marty Sugar said:

When I book my shows, lots of guys offer up ideas (mostly how to get themselves positioned as Champ, but that's indie wrestling for you)

This is why I only ran one show.  (The fact I lost two grand on it and nearly had a nervous breakdown post-show from the overall stress of the day is COMPLETELY inconsequential.)

1 hour ago, Cristobal said:

The lesson I've learned is that people who are rich that didn't start that way are generally very good at doing something that pays well.

Russo's special talent, as I think Cornette said once, was convincing people he was a pivotal part of the wrestling boom.  It's not a great skill, but say what you want about, it paid the bills for him for a long-ass time.

• Like 3

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 3:50 PM, TerjeRUN said:

woman24.jpg

May have mentioned this before on here, but once upon a time I had a legit argument that one of these guys was Ron Simmons. My friend insisted it was Butch Reed. For the entirety of a match, neither of could see how the other could possibly be right. Then they unmasked...

Years later, I met Nancy. She seemed genuinely kind and agreeable with everyone she met.

But then again I felt the same way that night about Chris, who was the doting husband right next to her at that autograph session.