DVDVR Message Board

Life Events Thread

Ryan

The definition of "alternative facts" from the man himself in an interview to Sean hannity

"The press was trying to make it seem like we were ignoring the facts," Spicer told Fox News' Sean Hannity during an interview that aired Tuesday night. "The facts are, sometimes when you look at a situation, in the same way that you can look at a weather report. One weather report comes out and says it's going to be cloudy and another says it’s going to be light rain. No one lied to you, it just means you interpreted the data in a way that you felt got you to a conclusion."

• Like 1

Hang on tight, dudes.  We're in for an insane four years.  If we can just hold off the descent into a Mad Max style hellscape, they might do enough irreparable damage to the Republican party that it's a good long time before anyone trusts them with the presidency again.  

• Like 1

It's probably a good thing that those of us under, what, 50? didn't really grow up with the fear of nuclear annihilation. So we don't really know how to be terrified that a nuclear holocaust is more likely now than it's been in decades.

I mean, I'm not sure most of us are capable of nuclear fears. I know that I'm not, while at the same time I know that, rationally, it's a very real, very present threat, especially with some bozo in the White House making light of nuclear proliferation.

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

The definition of "alternative facts" from the man himself in an interview to Sean hannity

Well, then call it "different perspectives" instead of "alternative facts." Dude wouldn't be getting roasted to this degree if he had just used the right wording there.

4 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Hang on tight, dudes.  We're in for an insane four years.  If we can just hold off the descent into a Mad Max style hellscape, they might do enough irreparable damage to the Republican party that it's a good long time before anyone trusts them with the presidency again.  

You don't think a little thing like another election will stop them?

http://wtkr.com/2017/01/24/bill-would-end-virginias-winner-take-all-electoral-vote-system/

Piranesi/The Real Ryan ticket in 2020, watch for it! Yes, we're using our board handles and we will be cloaked in darkness at all times. I don't know Piranesi's age, but if he's no 35 by then, I'll switch to the top of the ticket.

Trump says we have to pay for the wall first but then Mexico in some "complicated something" will pay for it.  Meanwhile, Mexico is saying under no circumstances are they paying for the quote "fucking wall".   Also, 59% of Americans don't want the wall.  74% of Americans believe we will end up paying for the wall. 

Good shit.

No, also, good luck negotiating with the private land owners who own the land they want to use. I don't think they can use an eminent domain thing here. On the other side of things, Trump's approval rating is over 70%! In Russia.

3 hours ago, J.T. said:

The fact that the Life Events thread is turning into the Politics thread makes me sad.

I know why there's no Politics thread so I won't bother suggesting one.  But considering the overall tone of such topics if one were to happen I don't sense the epic calamity that previous versions took on.  Then again I've been here since '02 and have been proven wrong many times on such assumptions.

• Like 4

The only thing I got going on right now is a terrible cold and for some reason I decided to go to work yesterday and today.  Sometimes I feel like I'm freezing.  Sometimes I feel like I'm burning up. I haven't been able to use my sense of smell in 72 hours. This is some bullshit.  I'm supposed to have a lot of people over on Sunday. 

On 1/25/2017 at 0:51 PM, Robert C said:

Where's Warren Zevon when we need him?  He had the orange one's era nailed.  Send lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan.

Speaking of which, prime Dr. Gonzo would be nice as well. . . .

I don't want to keep hammering politics in this thread, but on theInternational Holocaust Remembrance Day, the President of the United States of America released a statement about the International Holocaust Remembrance Day that literally did not mention Jewish people and this legitimately terrifies me.

• Like 4

There's more legal battles to come. Also, they seem to be openly ignoring and defying it in places. Is Steve Bannon our actual president? I don't remember him on the ballot. At least Cheney was technically elected when he "ran" the white house.