DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

I have a feeling I didn't give this a fair shot only seeing it once.  Also doesn't help that in airing pieces of the "movie" throughout the episode I hit a point where I was just dreading what was next.  I'm going to give this another shot tonight.  That said, the idea that this gives TNA lots more attention than the admittedly good stuff they have going on is sad and also very TNA at the same time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

As sad as this sounds, would you argue that this is the biggest thing to happen to TNA since the Claire Lynch storyline in terms of national wrestling exposure.   

Aces and Eights maybe?

Matt and Jeff's home movie is definitely the most I've seen this board talk about TNA in the last 5 years other than "Are they getting a tv deal/Are they finally dead?"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hammerva said:

As sad as this sounds, would you argue that this is the biggest thing to happen to TNA since the Claire Lynch storyline in terms of national wrestling exposure.   

You act like we're all going to go crazy and watch Impact or a buy a PPV or something.  I'd like to think most of us are too smart for that.  The videos may have us drinking the kool-aid but most of us have yet to inhale. 

• Like 1

Holy shit, I forgot about Claire Lynch. When my wife and I were at Disney World on our honeymoon we sat next to a couple who worked for Universal Studios. The woman was the talent coordinator for the park, and it killed me trying not to be weird and asking about Lynch and TNA in general. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

You act like we're all going to go crazy and watch Impact or a buy a PPV or something.  I'd like to think most of us are too smart for that.  The videos may have us drinking the kool-aid but most of us have yet to inhale. 

I didn't mean that it meant anything positive to the actual company.  The PPV is going to get embarrassing low numbers and they probably know it.  But in terms of talking about the company it has to be up there and with TNA they need something for people to talk about

I'm hoping Matt and Jeff can reconcile somehow and work a Trios Tourney in Lucha Underground. Their partner can be the fake baby or what's left of the table.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Let's say TNA keeps going in this cheesy direction in more feuds than just the Hardys feud and picks up a (very small) cadre of fans who love them some bad wrestling storylines in an ironic way. What's to stop a couple or three of them from pitching in on the PPV just to see what happens next in these weird storylines? It won't be much, but it's more than they had. What if they promised a new chapter of Jeff and Matt Hardy's Trapped in the Closet Part 2 on the PPV? A few people MIGHT get it for a larf. And they're not gonna run off their regular fans - if they've stuck with them this far, they're not going anywhere now.

There was a guy who had a sig here for years that was about Matt Hardy's love of vegetables, though.

I will say this - I think TNA would have gotten more buys based off the attention this got if they were doing a iPPV for say $10

But they are charging full price for a PPV and ROH already gets killed for that for far better cards