DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:30 AM, RIPPA said:

Broken Matt scorched the shit out of that Botchmania guy.  Broken Matt may war tweet better than Ice T or Nicki Minaj.

46 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

EDIT - this might be the video Ben linked too but that isn't loading on my screen so I am not sure

Why is Matt trying to invoke Prince, Yanni, and Cris Angel all at once?  His haunted stare in the vidcap is mesmerizing.

Kudos for the interesting cinematography.  It looks like a giallo that I have never seen before.  I half expect Asia Argento to fall out of a closet with her throat slashed.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Why is Matt trying to invoke Prince, Yanni, and Cris Angel all at once?

Kudos for the interesting cinematography.  It looks like a giallo that I have never seen before.  I half expect Asia Argento to fall out of a closet with her throat slashed.

If Broken Matt goes Bava (Mario or Lamberto, his call) on us, he'll win my 2016 Entertainer of the Year award.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

EDIT - this might be the video Ben linked too but that isn't loading on my screen so I am not sure

Ben's link was just the keyboard cat clip.  I kind of hope Matt does the end of Jay and silent bob strike back bit where he "goes to the houses of gus who post mean comments and beats them up".  Laughed so hard at this video.

At 3:45, was that actually from a giallo? I swear it's Goblin. 

The funniest ones are the Peanuts theme, Biz Markie, Cheers theme, "Piano Man", and the Incredible Hulk theme. No idea why nobody did "Camptown Races" or "Chopsticks"; those seem like locks. 

"BROTHER NERO, I KNEW YOU'D COME"

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

The funniest ones are the Peanuts theme, Biz Markie, Cheers theme, "Piano Man", and the Incredible Hulk theme. No idea why nobody did "Camptown Races" or "Chopsticks"; those seem like locks. 

Chopsticks shows up around the 4:25 mark

That's John Carpenter's theme from Halloween at the 2:31 mark and I think that is He's Still Out There / Alice's Outro from the original Friday The 13th at the 2:50 mark.  I also caught Axel F from Beverly Hills Cop before Biz Markie and Seven Nation Army by the White Stripes at the 6 minute mark.  I think I heard Mad World in there somewhere, too.

I think I laughed the most at Lean On Me and Sandstorm.

I wonder how Matt keeps a straight face during the intro since the compilation obviously means that he's flattered and loves all of the parody vids.

Late to the party but November Rain, Chocolate Rain and Mad World were also awesome.

I guess this is as good a place as any to mention my maybe irrational hate for Piano Man.  I know it's based on Joel's real-life experiences but "we're all sad sack losers and your piano playing is the only thing good in our miserable lives" is so narcissistic and pretentious.

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

In the interest of getting all of this down, here was all the ones I could figure out on a second listen. Start times approximate:

0:45, Inna Godda Da Vida from The Simpsons
1:03, Peanuts theme
1:18, Beethoven's Fifth
1:34, Disturbed "Sound of Silence"
1:58, Frasier Theme
2:12, Phantom of the Opera
2:28, Halloween Theme
2:47, November Rain
3:02, Monster Magnet "Live For the Moment" (Matt Hardy's WWE theme)
3:21, "My Time Is Now" Cena theme
3:40, Toccata and Fugue? (not sure on this one)
4:02, Play him off, keyboard cat
4:18, Chopsticks
4:34, ??? (Ragtime piano)
4:52, Beverly Hills Cop Theme
5:11, Biz Markie "Just a Friend"
5:28, Incredible Hulk Walking Away song
5:45, Heart and Soul
6:02, White Stripes "Seven Nation Army"
6:22, Mad World
6:40, ???
7:00, Not at all sure on this. Piano sounds a bit like Flogging Molly's "Cradle of Humankind"
7:14, Lean On Me
7:32, Darude "Sandstorm"
7:52, Juicy J "Low"
8:08, Snow Patrol "Chasing Cars"
8:24, EC3's theme (thanks to Rev Ray and Nice Guy Eddie)
8:45, Spongebob Squarepants Theme (also thanks to Rev Ray and Nice Guy Eddie)
9:02, Maple Leaf Rag
9:16, Danny Elfman "Breakfast Machine" from Pee Wee's Big Adventure (Thanks to Rev Ray)
9:36, Cheers Theme
9:55, Billy Joel "Piano Man"
10:13, A Courting Song
10:27, Alter Bridge "Metalingus" (Edge's Theme)
10:41, Chocolate Rain
11:00, Potatoes and Molasses
11:20, "Subconscious" (Nakamura's NJPW Theme)
11:38, Evanescence "My Immortal"

• Like 7