DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

12 hours ago, piranesi said:

You're describing WOW! 

That didn't work and they had Riot who's worth at least six Matt Hardy's. 

Even her highlights were better.

Riot Twister > Swanton Bomb

Riot Power Bomb > Twist of Fate.

1 hour ago, piranesi said:

Yeah but this is a guy that thinks Ronnie James Dio's penis guitar vs. a paper mache dragon is subtle narrative.

If you got something bad to say about Ronnie James Dio's sense of theatrical narrative me and you can take it outside.

• Like 7

Just now, Mistah Na1m4rk said:

If you got something bad to say about Ronnie James Dio's sense of theatrical narrative me and you can take it outside.

I'll grant that it's subtler than Yngwie Malmsteen's. 

Note: his name apparently auto corrects to unwieldy maim teens. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nofuture said:

This just went from funny bad to horrible bad quickly:

This reminds me of when friend of a friend did a terrible homemade parody of The Happening. You can't parody something that's already a comedy.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2016 at 11:34 AM, hammerva said:

As sad as this sounds, would you argue that this is the biggest thing to happen to TNA since the Claire Lynch storyline in terms of national wrestling exposure.   

This is on my watch list for the summer.  I'm a sucker for that sort of entertainment, and it looks SPECTACULARly awful.

I don't like that they didn't get the match gimmick over at all.  It's Full Metal May-Ham.  That means all things metal and may(be) ham are legal.  Hashbrowns Broken Matt attacking Brother Nero with something ceramic and Grandma Hardy's wooden table don't emphasize that at all.  Was the fake baby made of ham?  Fake baby really should've been a midget.  Then after Brother Nero got laid out the midget could've ran around chanting, "Full Meh-Tal May-Ham, Full Meh-Tal May-Ham".  Where's Cheatum when you need him?

The Hardys with their gimpy legs and broken bodies are sadly probably the biggest names TNA have left.  That video as corny as it was might actually get TNA some additional PPV buys.  I mean, it's still probably going to be like a sub-2000 buy PPV but this might bring them closer to 2000 rather than 1000.  That parody though was just awful.  The idea that TNA had to make fun of it before somebody else did is so stupid.  EC3 and Matt are most likely going to feud again in the near future.  Make fun of him then.  They just undermined what's supposed to be a serious angle.

Now play me off Keyboard Matt...

• Like 2

They didn't get on twitter fast enough to get just @JeffHardy, but they got on it so early that they knew nothing about it and assumed it was mostly going to be an opportunity to sell shit.