DVDVR Message Board
nofuture

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

On 2/10/2017 at 5:31 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

So to resurrect this thread, I just need to say how wondrous the Hardy conquest truly is.  They're not only going to promotions around the world, but in the process highlighting the talent that works there.  It's a creative way for them to give back to the business and I appreciate them doing that.

When I went to MCW I was waiting to get in when come barreling in like conquering Egyptians, and Matt had the gear to show it.  In fact Reby and Maxell had similar outfits which was awesome.  And while Reby had to sit due to being very pregnant it was still awesome getting a picture with Matt, Jeff and Senor Benjamin.  It was also great to personally tell Borash how much I loved his work with the videos.  And due to them for the first time MCW was a legit sellout.  Two of my friends couldn't even stand anywhere, it was as full as full could be.  But they had a super fun match against the Ecktourage (former WWE writer Kevin Eck went heel and manages a team)  It still blows my mind that the whole match will be shown on Impact in two weeks, once they said that the excitement went up 10 levels.  It was also great that my wife and a bunch of friends went for the first time just for the Hardys.  Not only did they love it but they loved MCW and want to come back often.  If this happens in other local feds then that's tremendous.

But anyway, here's my ugly ass with the Hardys.  I was super excited and barely got out my gratitude for their entertainment before it was time to pose.  Damn, there was a lot of people to see them!

Reveal hidden contents

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

Reveal hidden contents

That is an awesome post!

The pics from Broken Anniversary are up at MCW's website and the size of the crowd is fucking bonkers!  I wish I'd been able to go, but the significant other seems to enjoy booking us up with grandkid watching duty before consulting with me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

That is an awesome post!

The pics from Broken Anniversary are up at MCW's website and the size of the crowd is fucking bonkers!  I wish I'd been able to go, but the significant other seems to enjoy booking us up with grandkid watching duty before consulting with me.

Oh, man, it was a blast.  Sorry you couldn't go, but FWIW even if you did the place was so packed it became really tough to even stand.  Two of my friends got tickets but got there late, so after multiple attempts they just said fuck it and went to a bar.  I'm just glad we got there early enough to actually sit, and even moreso when for the first time ever there were no empty chairs around us at all.

Just to pump life into the wackiness again

So tonight is the Hardys vs. Psychosis/Super Crazy match.

The problem is that they have to blur out the ref (which Meltzer believes is a first) since the ref works LU and LU sent TNA a cease and desist

LU originally wanted them to not air it at all.

Yay for blurred refs!  That's definitely a first, though with the right camera edits they should be able to cut him out of the scene as much as possible.

Who was the ref? The only ones I remember from LU are Rick Knox and Marty Elias.

2 minutes ago, Ace said:

Who was the ref? The only ones I remember from LU are Rick Knox and Marty Elias.

Jesse Hernandez maybe?

I hope not. He's had enough kicks to the dick as of late. (His ring truck which had all his equipment burned down the night before Chavo Classic (who was a friend of Jesse's) died.)

I just listened to the segment again - Meltzer didn't say who it was but you can find the match and clips online since it happened like a month ago

Saw pix. It's Marty Elias.

On 2/10/2017 at 4:31 PM, NikoBaltimore said:

But anyway, here's my ugly ass with the Hardys.  I was super excited and barely got out my gratitude for their entertainment before it was time to pose.  Damn, there was a lot of people to see them!

Reveal hidden contents

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

Reveal hidden contents

How often are you told that you look like Ed Helms??

24 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

How often are you told that you look like Ed Helms??

Ha!  That's literally the first time I've heard/read that.  But I generally like Ed so I'm A-OK with looking like a fat version of him.

Though with my hair growing out on top if not properly brushed I would look like a fat Ed Helms wearing a cheap clown wig.  I really need to get a haircut.

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Yay for blurred refs!  That's definitely a first, though with the right camera edits they should be able to cut him out of the scene as much as possible.

Just pretend the ref is naked, it's more fun that way.

• Like 1

It's TNA.  Instead of just blurring the ref, they'll probably screw up and photoshop Chris Benoit in his place.

• Like 3

Get the hell out of here with blurring the ref.  TNA should open Impact with a closeup of him.  Ref knew he was being filmed and TNA didn't book, pay, or promote him anyway.  They should go ahead and show stills of the Penta/Fenix match too.  LU can't legally do anything about that either.

• Like 1

Going forward they should blur every ref.  Not for the whole match but make like the ref being "deleted" is from being in proximity of the Hardys who are radioactive from being teleported.  Farther the Hardys teleport, the worse the deletion.  NC to Mexico, that ref's all deleted.  This week since they're in NC, maybe no deletion.  Maybe they just drove Jeff's lawnmower to get there since teleporting seems to be painful.  NC to MD though, maybe do a little blurring at the end of the match.

Also, if I were TNA, as soon as I got another petty C&D from LU, I would've been on the line to Victoria/Crown to try and snag that Lucha World Cup away from AAA and bring it to America this year.

• Like 2

It's being discussed in the TNA thread, but, in case you haven't seen....

(someone's not re-signing) 

I put this in the TNA Thread but I'll put this here, I think the Hardys should try to get an hour on like an Adult swim on like Saturday nights. They can film the show in that barn on Hardys compound like they Total Nonstop Deletion and use local NC guys. The Broken Hardys is weird enough to fit the channel.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Web Conn said:

I put this in the TNA Thread but I'll put this here, I think the Hardys should try to get an hour on like an Adult swim on like Saturday nights.

Put it on at 6:05 Saturday, call it Swantoonami.

• Like 2

I kinda just want Wrestling back on turner in any capacity. Put it on at midnight and just let Matt, Jeff, Reby and Ben do what they do. USe CWF guys, film a months worth in one setting I'm sure they can draw a crowd.

We had a good run Hardys Thread.

RIP