DVDVR Message Board

The Hardys Not Really Dumpster Fire But Kinda Sad But Kinda Awesome Thread

This could have been the greatest angle of all time if they didn't have a match. Nothing in this match could live up to what we've seen in these Hardy videos. Similarly, Chinese Democracy would have been the greatest album of all time if it was never released.

• Like 1

Matt tweeting (in character) condolences for the Orlando shooting victims then trying to shill his match was so amazingly sleazy that Fritz Von Erich would be appalled.  I really hope he came up with that on his own, and didn't run it by the company first.  

The match was ok.  At a minimum, the Hardys can be counted on to do a few spots certain to jeopardize their long-term health and mobility.

1 hour ago, Vader does my taxes! said:

Matt tweeting (in character) condolences for the Orlando shooting victims then trying to shill his match was so amazingly sleazy that Fritz Von Erich would be appalled.  I really hope he came up with that on his own, and didn't run it by the company first.  

The match was ok.  At a minimum, the Hardys can be counted on to do a few spots certain to jeopardize their long-term health and mobility.

I think Fritz would be proud, then suggest he start working as Matt Von Erich.

• Like 7

Since apparently it might not have run on Pop last night but will tonight

Matt Hardy sliding Jeff down the bannister into a table on Impact is one of those spots that sounds cool and dangerous on paper, but looks REALLY simple in practice.

Spoiler

They must have read this thread and stole my idea. They're gonna finish it all. One final match Matt wants. I guess this is in a month. You never know with TNA's taping. Matt vs. Jeff at the General Steele Dome. Who ever wins gets the right to use the last name Hardy forever.

This is actually what happened. I think my version makes more sense

Matt Hardy is confined to a wheel chair because of Brother Nero. Matt Hardy needs one more match with Jeff, he needs to win for this to be over, he wants 6 weeks to recover. Whoever wins the match will own the Hardy name and brand, the loser cannot use Hardy anymore, Jeff agrees with a Yes chant. Jeff Hardy just thanked Daniel Bryan. After some arguing between Jeff and Reby, Matt got out of the wheel chair and attacked Jeff. Matt now says the match will happen in one week, it won't happen at the Impact Zone, the final battle will happen at their home.

There's future spoilers for this feud

I would love it if the stipulation just meant they could no longer keep "Brand" on their twitter name.  Since they are doing the teases with it, I'm guessing Matt wins so Jeff returns as Willow for awhile.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Do they have another Euro tour coming up that Jeff can't go on?

They only tour the UK once a year, in January. But they haven't announced 2017 dates yet. So... no.

Wasn't that basically the same ending spot they did in their WrestleMania match? Except in a cage, it was two tables on the outside of the ring and Jeff jumped from the top rope? And same in their I Quit match, but Matt said he quit before Jeff jumped and squashed him? Continuity or lazy?

I thought those were two different set-ups? 

At WM, I thought that Jeff swantoned from the top of a ladder onto Matt who was taking the table bump while in this case Jeff is just flat belly splashing through two tables with Matt in the middle.

This looks more like the inside out spot that got Sabu booted off of WCW TV where he put Alex Wright through two tables.