DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of splitting teams for singles pushes. If a tag team is highly successful, odds are at least one of the guys in it is supremely talented and a singles push is a way to make more money off him. There are definitely cases where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, but several high end singles guys have come from firmly established teams (Bret, Shawn, Scott Steiner, Booker T, and Edge all come to mind).

I think it's clear that Enzo/Cass is a prime candidate for a future break-up, but I agree it would be terrible to do it now. They haven't even scratched the surface of their potential as a unit, and I think they could they could be the most over team since the New Age Outlaws. If they Roman-ize Cassady's career by force-pushing him while leaving Enzo in the dust, I'll be pretty upset.

20 hours ago, Matt788 said:

Jack Swagger traded to Trenton Thunder for a second round draft pick and a used popcorn machine.

It's the popcorn machine Taker put Maven through, yes?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Matt788 said:

my predictions:

Jack Swagger traded to Trenton Thunder for a second round draft pick and a used popcorn machine.

Jack Swagger would make a pretty good bat boy for the Thunder. With his haircut, he can be passed off as a 12 year old with pituitary gigantism. He wouldn't cost the Yankees any high end prospects, so it's a win-win. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Eric Bischoff cancelled his appearance this weekend in Mississauga. Could it be because he was re-signed by WWE to be one of the GMs???? HMMMMMMMM 

I hope not. Bischoff is one person I have no desire to ever see on tv again. 

So let's think of some strategy here. Say Shane drafts Enzo.  But Stephanie, being a lot like her father, she likes these big dudes.  Why wouldn't she draft Big Cass?  She would think he could be a big powerhouse star on his own and it would also fuck up Shane's plans to have them as a popular team. 

So now Steph has leverage. She can turn Big Cass into a star maybe, it's a risk but a high reward. But she could also dangle him in front of Shane as trade bait.

I just like how they're doing all of this now with like one week of build. Draft plans, gm signings, everything. "Well we had the podiums on the stage for a couple of weeks but they weren't really that important".

Stephanie would totally do that too though. She'll draft Cass to bait Shane if has Enzo if he has someone big. Can't wait to see Shane tell Enzo "sorry pal, your team isn't big enough to sacrifice for this guy I have".

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Who could Steph get back for Cass? Not five guys but maybe 3.

Traded for multiple picks?  Overrated and run into the ground by a petty, power mad GM?  Oh shit dudes Cass is going to be the RG3 of this draft.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Go2Sleep said:

I don't necessarily disagree with the idea of splitting teams for singles pushes. If a tag team is highly successful, odds are at least one of the guys in it is supremely talented and a singles push is a way to make more money off him. There are definitely cases where the whole is greater than the sum of the parts, but several high end singles guys have come from firmly established teams (Bret, Shawn, Scott Steiner, Booker T, and Edge all come to mind).

I think it's clear that Enzo/Cass is a prime candidate for a future break-up, but I agree it would be terrible to do it now. They haven't even scratched the surface of their potential as a unit, and I think they could they could be the most over team since the New Age Outlaws. If they Roman-ize Cassady's career by force-pushing him while leaving Enzo in the dust, I'll be pretty upset.

Can we not just have tag teams who are tag teams? I mean do people feel "gosh, we really missed out by not having Hawk & Animal split up & going solo? Is the end of the Rock & Roll Express something kids in the 80s were desperate to see? The WWE's general ambivalence to tag team wrestling bewilders me.

• Like 1

The Hart Foundation, Rockers, Steiner and Harlem Heather tagged for years before there was a thought of splitting them. Enzo and Cass have barely scraped the surface.  Splitting them up would be idiotic (but something WWE might do) Their saving grace might be that they are HHH guys.

3 minutes ago, Infinit said:

Harlem Heather 

Not breaking your balls, you just stumbled upon the greatest wrestling name not in use right now. 

It's like Fleming accidentally discovering penicillin. 

• Like 3

I was thinking about the tag teams and how to have tag teams kept as a unit in the draft while keeping the ability to split them up when need be to push someone, and I remembered Dean Ambrose's comment about US Title defense paperwork from a few years back.  They could kayfabe it so where teams can elect to enter the draft as a team by submitting the appropriate paperwork.  When you're ready to split a team up, just come up with a reason why they don't submit the paperwork, and voila.  This would even let them split up the team and keep them on the same roster if they wanted to.  Say... Curtis Axel tells the rest of the Social Outcasts he'll submit the paperwork for everyone, then they realize he lied when he gets drafted to Smackdown individually.  Then Bo gets drafted to Smackdown too, and they feud over the betrayal.