DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

God this company

Anyway - Meltzer said on the radio show last night a few additional things along with guys they are talking to 

- He confirmed that what Kurt Angle said on Mark Madden's show. The WWE has had a recent conversation with Kurt about maybe kinda sorta coming back. Basically it was along the lines of "We not sure what we want to do you but we wanted to start talking"

- An offer has been made to John Morrison/Johnny Mundo - he hadn't signed the 7 year LU deal that many guys did. That isn't to say he won't resign with LU but he does have a WWE offer

- Ricochet basically has a standing offer to come to the WWE but he is making really good money from LU so it isn't clear what he is going to decide to do.

- The want Rey Jr back but he is locked into LU for at least another year.

Apparently - a lot of the names that people thought would never be back have been talked to. And according to Dave - for some reason Vince's mentality changed when he saw how big Austin Aries got over in NXT. So take that for whatever it is worth.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Apparently - a lot of the names that people thought would never be back have been talked to. And according to Dave - for some reason Vince's mentality changed when he saw how big Austin Aries got over in NXT. So take that for whatever it is worth.

Further proof that A-Double, at least when he is wearing his cape, really is the Greatest Man Alive.

• Like 3

To be fair - the some reason was more from me as I don't really know how Vince would go from HOLY SHIT! THAT TINY DUDE IS OVER!!!! to SIGN KURT ANGLE!!! CLEARLY HE WON'T DIE NOW!!!!

Again this is Vince so yeah - logic need not apply

• Like 1

its code for Nailz.

I wouldn't mind seeing some guys back, Carlito for example I never soured on him as much as others did. Masters could be fun. I wonder who else will show up. Deuce and Domino? the highlanders? the French Phenom Rene Dupree? Scotty Goldman?

• Like 1

That made me look her up to see what happened to her  According to one website Kara Drew now owns a bakery or something.

A hot ex-wrestler who owns her own business where she makes pastries for a living is pretty much the lottery in terms of life partner.

It's like a Lifetime movie dream sequence for fat dudesgentlemen posters with galndullar porblems

• Like 4

I may have mentioned this before, but at an OVW house show, Deuce gave me grief for, as he said, "eyeballing his chick." It was his standard gimmick when heading to the ring.

I won't deny any such eyeballing.

6 hours ago, Raziel403 said:

For some reason?

Dave's been doing this long enough to know that Vince's mentality changes like it's a kid with ADHD hopped up on a pound of sugar.

and then that kid grew up to be an old man hopped up on Red Bull and blow

12 hours ago, RIPPA said:

God this company

Anyway - Meltzer said on the radio show last night a few additional things along with guys they are talking to 

- He confirmed that what Kurt Angle said on Mark Madden's show. The WWE has had a recent conversation with Kurt about maybe kinda sorta coming back. Basically it was along the lines of "We not sure what we want to do you but we wanted to start talking"

- An offer has been made to John Morrison/Johnny Mundo - he hadn't signed the 7 year LU deal that many guys did. That isn't to say he won't resign with LU but he does have a WWE offer

- Ricochet basically has a standing offer to come to the WWE but he is making really good money from LU so it isn't clear what he is going to decide to do.

- The want Rey Jr back but he is locked into LU for at least another year.

Angle only needs to come back to manage Jordan and Gable. I don't want Kurt to kill himself in a WWE ring or get popped for a Wellness violation.

20 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

A happy, smiling robot sounds like a great wrestling gimmick, actually.

USA Network already has a Mr. Robot.

Is Ken The Box available?

• Like 2

On 5/25/2016 at 7:54 AM, The Natural said:

I'm hoping Smackdown becomes the wrestling show like it was most famously in the Smackdown Six era of 2002 but also 2003, 2007 and 2009 in comparison to RAW's those years.

I'm sure it will be, as Raw has always been the show more focused on promos and entertainment aside from a few months in 2004 post WM (when Smackdown was doing stuff like having Jackie and Chavo Classic as cruiserweight champ and Raw had Benoit as champ, was putting on great main events, and having the likes of Shelton and Tajiri in main events... the complete opposite of what both brands were doing in 2002-2003 when Smackdown had the Smackdown Six and the Angle/Lesnar feud and Raw had Katie Vick, HHH's title reign, Test/Steiner, etc.).

This will give more guys opportunities, though a world title for each show should definitely happen as one title for both brands would mean that one show wouldn't have a title feud (and one champ would mean that moments like Benoit and Eddie celebrating at WM 20 and Cena and Batista both winning their first world title at WM 21 wouldn't happen, and each brand having their own title gave veterans like Christian, Mark Henry, and JBL the chance to be world champions), and having single brand PPVs would result in people like Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel getting PPV matches, as this happened on a regular basis on the 2003-2007 single brand PPVs (which featured matches like Bobby Lashley vs. Simon Dean and Shelton Benjamin vs. Viscera). The in-ring product shouldn't be too effected, as there aren't nearly as many bad workers today as there were during the previous brand split (AJ, Cena, Orton, Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro, Owens, Zayn, Harper, Ziggler, Rusev, ADR, Sheamus, etc. will all be heavily involved with their brands... the last one had the likes of Benoit, Eddie, Rey, Angle, Lesnar, HBK, Jericho, Regal, etc., though the likes of Heidenreich, Snitsky, Tomko, Kenzo, Masters, Rosey, Luther Reigns, Jindrak, Nathan Jones, Maven, Sylvain Grenier, Rodney Mack, Orlando Jordan, the Heart Throbs, Boogeyman, etc. were all pushed at some point, due to their look or gimmick. The Wellness Policy has stopped a lot of that), though like I said, Raw will likely be more focused on promos.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

That's awesome if so, glad Aries finally got the opportunity.

10 hours ago, zev said:

USA Network already has a Mr. Robot.

It's going to be great when a USA exec suggest some cross-promotional synergy and tells Vince he wants cast members from Mr. Robot to appear on RAW.  And Vince says, "Ok.  No problem.  We'll write a segment for him.  What kind of robot-y things can he do?"

• Like 2