DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

18 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Now I have the 1980s sitcom Small Wonder on the brain.  So damn you!

Somehow I thought of Mann and Machine, and then Tranzor Z.

• Like 1

Just for the record - that is from reddit and not a single person has been able to confirm the list yet.

Ticketmaster still lists the show labelled as Clash of Champions as Night of Champions

44 minutes ago, Raziel403 said:

And becuase Roadblock was a Network house show and not a PPV.

Well, it was positioned as a Network special, like Backlash is listed as.

They should just rebrand SmackDown as WCW anyway.  WWE and WCW are stronger brand names for touring than Raw and SmackDown.  Besides everyone knows it's only a matter of time before SmackDown ends up as the redheaded stepchild anyway.  Might as well just use the actual stepchild's name.

The Roadblock name makes no sense in December unless the Road to Wrestlemania is now going to start at Survivor Series.

If only the Big 4 are going to be dual brand, which brand gets Money in the Bank?  That almost has to be a dual brand show.

2 minutes ago, Vgmastr said:

If only the Big 4 are going to be dual brand, which brand gets Money in the Bank?  That almost has to be a dual brand show.

Move the Money in the Bank match back to Wrestlemania?

I doubt that line is real. But if it is, I'm not one for ominous signs for the future but Smackdown's first PPV being on 9/11....eeesh.

Also if the new 20 PPV/Special event idea a year holds true that means there will only be two weeks in between some shows. Do they wellness test writers? Those writers might also want to call up the WGA cause thats gonna be hell on earth with some of those back to back to back shows.

They should rebrand both shows but they won't.  "Smackdown" is a dated reference, named after the catchphrase of a guy who barely works for them.  Shouldn't they be looking forward, not backward?  And there's nothing "Raw" anymore about their canned, overproduced, overscripted Monday show.  The show started as a food truck, now it's an Applebee's.  Neither name fits anymore and they're so far past due to freshen things up it's ridiculous.  They need change it up and get  away from how homogeneous everything is.  They've been using the same sets for eight years.  Fuck.

• Like 3

I watched RAW 1000 last night again and agree with your thoughts on changing it up.... also, I miss CM Punk.

But you cant change the name of RAW. 

Smackdown could use a new name... i want to say that brand has been tarnished to the point that nobody will care. 

And for the love of God... have different sets!