DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that draft has Ryback who is probably gone and Henry who I think is retiring.  Unless they do something like marks gets drafted by Steph and goes all Roger Murtaugh on her "I'm getting too old for this shit"

Henry should be drafted by Stephanie, only to walk out from the back, hurt himself, and immediately retire.  It'd be kinda fitting,

So I assume Shane will pick a face gm and Steph will pick a heel gm.  So, down the road, somebody will switch sides and we'll get the McMahon commisioners feuding with their hand-picked GM's.  I can hardly wait.  WWE TV really needs even more authority figures.

Wait wait what?  I haven't watched Raw yet, just read a recap.  So Stephanie and Shane will be COO's of their respective shows and then each will name a figurehead commissioner, too?  Holy fuck.  So the only thing better than an authority figure is FOUR authority figures?  Well I guess the trend of FFWDing through their shows and watching two segments will continue unabated.

• Like 1

I'm going to be optimistic and hope that them picking Commissioners is a way to get the McMahons off of TV and hopefully have someone more like Regal is with NXT.

Hell - they could go full Game of Thrones and have John Tunney, Jack Tunney's bastard son, take over and only appear occasionally via satellite. 

King of the Smackdown!  King of the Smackdown!

• Like 1

So the talk is ten plus NXT stars are gonna be "raided" for the draft and I can think of some names like Joe, Balor, Mojo, Bayley, Nia, Carmela and I don't know who else they would draft granted I don't watch much NXT. I just don't  think Nakamura, Aries or Akusa are going anywhere anytime soon as they still need veteran presence  down there and guys like No Way Jose who is really over, when I saw him live in Portland dude was one of the most over guys on the card but he is still fairly new to the WWE "style" though I could see him as a lower mid carder on the main roster I don't see it happening anytime soon and a guy like Tino Sabatelli is still pretty green but if they wanted to give Miz and incompetent meathead muscle I do think he would be perfect in that role. What I'm trying to get at is and I'm asking the more knowledgeable NXT viewers which talents besides the names I listed would be not the more oblivious but more I guess likely call ups from NXT during the draft?

I am not saying this is going to happen but the "Veteran Presence" can easily be filled by the Rhyno, Tajiri types they are bringing in.

Not to mention that they have been holding off on Bobby Roode and Eric Young

I think the more big names would be held back to finish the major storylines planned for the Brooklyn show (like say Bayley/Asuka 2)

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Wait wait what?  I haven't watched Raw yet, just read a recap.  So Stephanie and Shane will be COO's of their respective shows and then each will name a figurehead commissioner, too?  Holy fuck.  So the only thing better than an authority figure is FOUR authority figures? 

I expect Vince will still appear occasionally, so we'll get five authority figures.  Yay?

My problem with the commissioner angle is that they'll probably end up feuding with the people who picked them, and probably sooner or later.  It'd be nice to think Steph and Shane will be kept off the shows, but a large part of the reason they've been all over the tv the past few years is that USA Network thinks the McMahons drive ratings and wants them on.  So.....

I'm kinda pessimistic they're going to screw up the draft.  In part, i don't care.   I don't watch Raw during football season and I can't imagine having time to watch SD every week.  But I do watch NXT, and I can imagine them raiding NXT of talent, doing very little with the NXT talent once they call them up to the main roster, and leaving NXT without a lot to work with.  Basically, I can see the company making a mess of this and leaving every show worse off than it is now.

Hopefully, it doesn't play out that poorly, but the haphazard way they've approached the draft so far doesn't inspire a lot of confidence. 

I think Balor and American Alpha are the most solid locks for the draft, Bayley is probable depending on if they are doing Bayley/Asuka 2 or Nia/Asuka 2 at Brooklyn. Nak would not surprise me either way, he's ready to jump to the upper card of the main roster but there are stories that they can do with him in NXT. Ares could go or stay he's in an interesting position where he'd probably be better off staying in NXT for at least another 6 months but he's so polished that he's ready for live TV so he could be an asset there too but I think he'd be in a better position to succeed if he came up later. Mojo is likely, especially if Ryder doesn't take the US title off Rusev. Roode or Young could get drafted they don't need to be in NXT but they'd be good to help the young talent there. Alexa Bliss is probably the only female other than Bayley that I could see get drafted unless they draft Asuka despite being champ. If Champs are up for grabs I think Joe has a pretty good chance of going up. Blake & murphey would be best suited to go up and be a mid level tag team, they've got nothing left to do in NXT and I don't see either of them taking off as singles. Tye Dillenger could be good going up, he's solid and has a fun character but he's a good player/coach for NXT and that might be where he is most valuable to the company. I think Oney Lorcan could get called up too as a surprise/dark horse guy.

II forgot about American Alpha they impressed me when I saw them in Portlsbd they gel well together as a team. If they do decide to give each brand its own Tag Team Championship it would make sense to bring up a few teams to pad the rosters out. Teams like Alpha and Blake & Murphy make sense. That's a big reason why I think Rawley is a shoe in to be called up, form the Hype Bros on the main roster get another year or two out of Ryder then release him and turn Rawley solo.

They've called up Owens and Sasha while they have both been champions. I can totally see Joe being called up and playing double duty for a month before dropping the belt to Nakamura in Brooklyn. I'd imagine Nak would get a long run as NXT champ dropping it at Takeover: Orlando before debuting on the main roster shortly after Mania.

And another thing I think Balor gets drafted to either brand next Tursday and plays a roll in the outcome of the Club Cena Enzo Cass 6 way. 

6 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

The authority figure thing is the most stale thing about WWE right now. Austin vs. Vince was like 18 years ago now. Imagine if they just kept reforming the NWO every week.

Reigns, Corbin, and a young tag team with Scott Hall as their mentor.  They can make it work.

• Like 2

my predictions:

Cena drafted to Raw.

Balor drafted to Smackdown.

Jack Swagger traded to Trenton Thunder for a second round draft pick and a used popcorn machine.

Bo Dallas drafted to Global Force Wrestling.

Jimmy Snuka drafted to state prison.

• Like 6