DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

I was looking at that list and it got me thinking that since it's debatable if there's enough tag teams for two tag divisions, does Mojo Rawley get drafted as one of the NXT six so the Hype Bros are called up?

Or does the WWE continue to mess with Zack Ryder and just leave him totally undrafted, sending him to NXT permanently?

Well, it's either they're exclusive to one brand, or you've got two divisions with only five or six people in each. There's not really much you can do with that small of a talent pool, every face can feud with every heel in the firstĀ four months and then it's stale rehashes all the way after.

More news from the WOR - I guess stop reading if you don't want potential spoilers (but if that is the case you probably shouldn't be reading this thread)

First a brief editorial from Dave about basically how the WWE has already - yet again - told us that Smackdown is the far inferior show with RAW getting the #1 pick and by doing the 3:2 ratio, RAW will get 7 of the first 11 picks. So you are already told us that RAW is the stronger brand.

Also - the tag team rule is silly as if you were picking, take the whole team THEN break them up (if you only wanted one guy) as you get the whole group for the price of one pick. So unless a GM is an idiot - they should do it that way. (Most of that was Alvarez being irritated at the logic.)

Smackdown was supposed to get Styles, Orton and Cena but that was before Cena moved to part-time.

Cena only has one more domestic tour date for the foreseeable future (still doing the foreign tours)

Dave believes that 2 NXT women are getting called up. One will be Nia Jax, the other will be Bayley or Alexa Bliss.

Editorial again - if you are going to have Samoa Joe and Nakamura drafted, they need to be in the Top 10 or you are already burying them to the auidence (basically because the auidence would look at them and go "how good could they be? They were drafted behind Albert Del Rio". And if you don't pick them - you make Steph/Shane/GMs look stupid.

If they do 2 champions - the Smackdown women's champ will be the champ of a roster of 5 people (with 2 of them at least being people they never ever use)

Dave says he is fairly confident that there will be people picked who are not on the list. Not huge names but known to the regular auidence. (He mention Jimmy Wang Yang as one of those names that fit that category but not necessary as one of those folks who would be drafted)

Dave assumes that all the Wyatts will end up together (despite being listed separately) since the progam they just started with New Day is supposed to last multiple shows. Of course - if they are split, whoever is separated from Bray is a lost cause

Ā 

Dave believes that 2 NXT women are getting called up. One will be Nia Jax, the other will be Bayley or Alexa Bliss.

I get that they don't want to completely gut NXT's already dwindling women's division (and Bayley is arguably the face of NXT)... but Nia and Alexa potentially making the main roster before Bayley and Asuka is some shit.

13 hours ago, El Dragon said:

Wyatts are gonna be seperated. Wyatt and Rowan probably going one way, Strowman the other.Ā 

Remember during the original brand split, how it was cool because talented guys who wouldn't normally get pushed to the top, like Rey & Eddie, got to shine on Smackdown?Ā  Well this is like the bizarro world of that, when Vince pet projects are pushed becauseĀ  "fuck it, it'sĀ  just Smackdown."

Assuming Meltzer is correct - these will be the women called up before Bayley

Charlotte

Sasha Banks

Becky Lynch

Emma (v.2.0)

Dana Brooke

Nia Jax

Alexa Bliss

(Paige and Emma v.1.0 were established before Bayley had that first TV match (in fact against Paige)).

They are pretty much at the point they shouldn't even bring her up - just pay her well enough that NXT doesn't crater

It would be fairly amazing if SmackDown, with their first pick, took Samoa Joe or Nakamura.

I don't trust WWE to do the right thing any more and will make the easiest prediction ever that they will severely fuck up what should be a good opportunity.

Ā 

No one has said a word about this but I just realized that with Brock's recent problems AND Heyman not being on the list of draftable folks, I am wondering if Paul is gonna end up one of the GMs

• Like 1

Just now, Craig H said:

It would be fairly amazing if SmackDown, with their first pick, took Samoa Joe or Nakamura.

I don't trust WWE to do the right thing any more and will make the easiest prediction ever that they will severely fuck up what should be a good opportunity.

Ā 

Well you would think in theory that at least the Heavyweight Champ would be picked first.

And you can even get around that since Steph hates Ambrose. But if Ambrose isn't picked first by Shane than that is another "HEY! LOOK! DON'T INVEST IN THESE TITLES!!!!" camp

Since Raw gets the first pick, I would assume they'll choose Ambrose, SmackDown gets the 2nd overall pick.

Hell, I would even accept Finn Balor as SmackDown's first pick if the company doesn't want to move the NXT champion up.

Just now, Craig H said:

Since Raw gets the first pick, I would assume they'll choose Ambrose, SmackDown gets the 2nd overall pick.

Well again - they are working that whole "Steph hates Ambrose as champ thing" so I also totally see them not learning from their mistakes and her draft Rollins #1 and then handing him a title

It also wouldn't shock me if the NXT picks were done as "supplemental" picks or whatever bullshit they want to call it, and they do those on an un-advertised WWE Network breaking news thing.

28 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

No one has said a word about this but I just realized that with Brock's recent problems AND Heyman not being on the list of draftable folks, I am wondering if Paul is gonna end up one of the GMs

It would almost make sense for Shane to pick him as GM given that he talked about completing changing the look and feel of the show, and Heyman is credited with doing that with ECW and was in charge of the Smackdown Six era of Smackdown.