DVDVR Message Board

WWE BRAND SPLIT 2.0

I was asking Dragon about this the other day: What percentage of WWE Raw watchers FOLLOW what's going on in NXT? Not necessarily watch, just know who the talent is and who's on top, etc.?

That's key to how the NXT crowd gets played in this draft. I say they have to be stars, like someone else said, or risk being seen as nobodies off the bat.

A way to balance out the Raw/Smackdown pick thing: Start the 3 picks/2 picks deal after the first couple of picks, maybe 3.

NXT 6?: Bayley, Nia Jax, American Alpha, Balor, Joe, Nakamura?

Aries, Roode, Young, Roderick Strong as vets teaching new crop of CC signees in NXT?

Hey, at least there's big interest in a Smackdown for the first time in how long? I know I'll be watching, mainly to see who they bring up.

So, if Joe and Nak were to go, what happens with the top of the card for NXT, especially going into the next Takeover special coming up at Summerslam weekend?

I think the big time reactions Enzo & Cass got on their debut... the Nakamura chant at Wrestlemania, and the chants for Bayley when she's never even stepped foot at a WWE show are pretty telling as to the percentage of RAW viewers are familiar with NXT.

Not to mention the pop Sami got when he debuted against Cena last year.

I doubt both will go but you can always still have them work the show.

I mean last year worked two NXT Takeovers after being called up to the main roster

• Like 1

Weird question about NXT but somewhat appropriate since they need people.  Drake Younger took the ref gig because when he tried out they apparently told him they already had enough talented guys his size.  Now that NXT is going to need more workers, would he transition back to the ring or is he cool with reffing from now on?

1 minute ago, Wyld Samurai said:

I think the big time reactions Enzo & Cass got on their debut... the Nakamura chant at Wrestlemania, and the chants for Bayley when she's never even stepped foot at a WWE show are pretty telling as to the percentage of RAW viewers are familiar with NXT.

Not to mention the pop Sami got when he debuted against Cena last year.

Sami debuted in Montreal so that is kind of cheating and Enzo & Cass and Nakamura benefited from Mania crowds - which historically tend to be more familiar with the product

That being said - it helps that they will be in MA tomorrow so they tend to have better wrestling crowds in the NE area

5 minutes ago, Ramsey said:

So, if Joe and Nak were to go, what happens with the top of the card for NXT, especially going into the next Takeover special coming up at Summerslam weekend?

I dunno. So then who? Another tag team (for one pick)? Hideo Itami? Not as up on NXT as most folks here. Nak vs. Joe at NXT special, loser leave NXT, somehow no one wins, goodbye. They could easily work both. "They've been drafted, but we're giving you, the NXT fan, this match." I think they'll pull the big folks out, establish them in WWE, establish the brand split, then take the time to rebuild NXT. Then after some new people get over, take NXT back out on tour again.

24 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Weird question about NXT but somewhat appropriate since they need people.  Drake Younger took the ref gig because when he tried out they apparently told him they already had enough talented guys his size.  Now that NXT is going to need more workers, would he transition back to the ring or is he cool with reffing from now on?

I'm pretty sure Drake Younger is finished with wrestling.

They also have a shitton of new wrestlers coming in pretty soon: Tommy End, Damian O'Connor, Noam Dar, Roderick Strong most likely, Kota Ibushi, Gran Metalik and whoever else they sign from the CWC. And don't forget about the dozens of wrestlers who do the NXT houseshows and have yet to debut on TV.

• Like 1

NXT is going to replenish their roster with CWC guys I think they can get by just fine after a mass call up. In fact I'm looking forward to seeing some new blood on the show. Itami is back along with Roode coming in so they'll be more than fine. Not to mention a guy like Swan who's been under contract, but hardly used. They just have to figure out what to do with the singles belts if Asuka, Joe, and Nak get the call. 

If Joe and Nak get the call, why not make the CWC for the belt? If THE Brian Kendrick is gonna win the whole thing anyway, why not let the longest Scramble WWE Champion have a shot at the NXT gold. Have his most famous trainee, Eva Marie, as his valet and there's a license to print money

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brysynner said:

If Joe and Nak get the call, why not make the CWC for the belt? If THE Brian Kendrick is gonna win the whole thing anyway, why not let the longest Scramble WWE Champion have a shot at the NXT gold. Have his most famous trainee, Eva Marie, as his valet and there's a license to print money

This better not be a fucking spoiler. Is this a goddamn spoiler?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Craig H said:

This better not be a fucking spoiler. Is this a goddamn spoiler?

It's a spoiler in that who else would win? I mean it's THE Brian Kendrick against a bunch of nobodies and who's that's (Seriously though I have no clue if Kendrick's going to win)

• Like 1

THE Brian Kendrick is the only man to hold the WWE Championship*, so he is obviously the favorite and clear choice to win.

*So what if I don't remember if it was the WWE or World title, and it only occured during a Championship Scramble match? It's still real to me!

• Like 2

The WWE put up a Facebook video with the Lucha Dragons that basically is them saying that they decided to enter the draft as singles competitors.

So they basically broke them up before the draft (not that that wasn't kinda obvious based on the list)