DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROADBLOCK (March 12 Toronto Show)

RIPPA

Sami was the cooldown match after Brock. Pump the breaks, people.

That's fine. But also, Sami is not the guy who's going to squash anyone in two minutes no matter where he is on the card. And he shouldn't. That's not playing to his strengths as a worker.

So weird that the people who came off the strongest on the show are either not going at Mania (Enzo & Big Cass, Revival, Natalya) or one of the first people eliminated in the pre show battle royal (Stardust).     Jericho did a great job wanting you to hate him more then you already do but it doesn't make me want to see him vs Styles part 4.   Bray Wyatt was made to look like a complete geek with no guts.  

I guess you can say Dean Ambrose is now strong because now it seems really stupid for him to lose to Brock now.  Although he should have been in Reigns spot to begin with

Like I have said, unless they seriously up the hate factor in Triple H vs Roman Reigns, this has Triple H vs Orton 2 written all over it

Speaking of Jericho, what was that shit?

Jericho's going to struggle to get booed in Canada? Promo where he burns the country to the ground. Cool. Makes sense.

And then he started talking about patriotic American babyface Jack Swagger. And it was all downhill from there.

Decent work from both guys. But that was hot death as an idea.

The WWE tag tiles match was fun. The NXT tag titles match was good and the best Enzo/Cass match I can remember. Those two are so ready for the main roster it isn't funny. Charlotte/Nattie was good though Nattie seemed a bit off at times. Dean/HHH was really good, definitely the best Dean has looked in a long time.

They got me. After the Brock match, I was halfway convinced they wanted to continue the Bray thing with him at mania which made me think Ambrose was going over in the main event. Then he started working HHH's leg and that made it seem even more likely. Once he didn't get that pin I knew what was up.

The main was really good at least the second half of it. The first half was really plodding.

Natty/Charlotte was really good which surprised me because I'm not much on either of them.

The tag matches were decent but that Swagger/Jericho match was so fucking terrible and the Zayne/Stardust match wasn't much better.

I don't mind Brock looking invincible because that makes sense but I just wish he wasn't completely suplex city. That's his whole offense it seems now.

Very fun New Day/League opener, really liked Jericho's very long promo and a decent short match from he and Swagger. As much as I liked babyface Jericho, that was a great heel promo. Had zero interest in the NXT tag but decided to give it a chance and was pleasantly surprised. Last time I watched Enzo and Cassady, I thought they were awful and usually skipped their stuff since but this match was excellent and shockingly compelling. Haven't seen much of "The Revival" either but they were impressive here and this was definitely the best I've seen Enzo and Cass look, might turn me around on them a bit. Highly enjoyable tag team match with some great offense from both teams and solid hope spots, good near falls.

Charlotte/Natalya was very good also, they still work great together and I loved the pop for Natalya getting the Sharpshooter in. Lesnar/Harper seemed exactly like Lesnar/Show at last year's MSG special. Poor Stardust, yeah that went way too long and was the low point of the show. Main event was good stuff. They love to do weird fake finishes with Ambrose and this one was rather bizarre. Was kind of surprised it only took one Pedigree to put Dean down but a good main event and I always enjoy HHH in the ring. Overall I thought it was a real good show for the most part in-ring wise.

Yeah, that Enzo and Cass/Revival match was THE SHIT. Enzo is putting it together in the ring and I loved how he came down the ramp. Both teams made more than the most of that opportunity. There were some really unique spots in that match (the aforementioned shoulder tackle cutoff, for example) and both teams looked insanely hungry. Enzo flat out looked like a star tonight.

I got home late and saw the tail end of the Charlotte/Nattie match and it's a real shame they just don't let Nattie go out and you know wrestle cause she's pretty good at doing that and it seems to be stuff the crowd likes. Ric is going to end up being cornered by all the diva's and taking all of their finisher's and it will be hilarious to watch as he puts them all over better than this #Divasrevolution has.

I don't understand the point of making Bray vs. Brock into Bray/Luke vs. Brock if Bray never was gonna get into the match. Why not just have it Luke vs. Brock to begin with. I loved the hell out of Luke vs. Brock. Luke at least got some damn good shots in on him before Brock said fuck this and just was suplexing the shit out of him. After the match Harper was sitting in the ring looking like "Jesus...what was that". It would have been amazing if it could have been really back and forth.

Sami/Stardust was all right but it got hampered by the crowd not really being into it at points which was weird. Yeah it went a little long, but other than that it was fine. I could see them two having a good feud. It's just what would work on NXT for some reason never seems to work on RAW. I think it's more presentation more than anything else and that's a production issue.

Finally we get what should have been the Wrestlemania main event and it was a solid wrestling match. I loved seeing Ambrose not having to do wacky shit for once. Well he did throw in some nod's to Roddy Piper which were amazing (the nose pull had me laughing my ass off). The false finish of the foot under the rope was dumb. It's clear his foot wasn't under the rope and the lack of a replay showing his foot under the rope I'm guessing will be a plot point on Monday to further that. I would have rather seen Triple H rolled Ambrose up right then and there and the match ended.

I can't imagine Triple H will be able to do the same with Reigns without a ton of interference, ref bumps, and plunder involved. But I loved the hell out of this match. Ambrose cemented himself in the main event and if they don't see him at like a number 2 guy who should be number one now if they are dead set as Reigns as number 1, they are dumb.

Ambrose must have read that one dude completely tear him a new asshole in the March Madness thread as that was his best match I've seen to date, both him and Trips' worked their asses off and had me completely engrossed in the story they were conveying, bought the three count on dirty deeds, too. It's a shame he's going into the cauldron of death with Brock at Mania as he's generated the most steam he's ever had in the past two months, eating 37464635 German's in some form of a knock out victory is only going to carve him away from the pack at the top. In that regard, it's Punk all over again.  

They got me. After the Brock match, I was halfway convinced they wanted to continue the Bray thing with him at mania which made me think Ambrose was going over in the main event. Then he started working HHH's leg and that made it seem even more likely. Once he didn't get that pin I knew what was up.

I still think there's a chance they might change the Wrestlemania matches to Lesnar/Wyatt and a HHH/Reigns/Ambrose triple threat.

Why else change the Lesnar match tonight? It certainly seemed like Lesnar wasn't finished with the Wyatts. It would have made even more sense, if Ambrose won the title, but they might have finally realized that HHH/Reigns won't get the reactions they were hoping for.

• Like 1

How did Enzo turn into the best wrestler in that tag match?  His best in ring performance ever.

The Jericho promo was pretty damn great.  It's hilarious that they even attempted to get Swagger over as a face in that situation, but Jericho still found a way to be entertaining in the midst of this horrible idea.

Zayn really hasn't delivered since his return.  He has been in a bunch of good situations, but outside of that 2/3 falls match the results have pretty much all been like this Stardust match.  Meh

Ambrose and Trips was actually really damn good.  The best Ambrose has looked in a while.  I loved all the little defiant moments at the beginning. This late era Trips who is still a bad ass, but bumps around like a maniac is my favorite Trips.  Liked the false finish in theory, but the execution was just ok.

• Like 2

I swear Natayla has all the technical ability in the world, but she does not sell bubble gum balls. Like what the fuck? She only sells when the move is applied, but she forgets that pain stays with you. It does not disappear once you are out the move or hold. 

Why was the story that Dean is almost good enough to beat a 50 year old?

Trips is one of the most protected guys in WWE history, the champion, in better shape than most of the roster, much larger than Ambrose AND the top heel in the company. Whittling that down to "why is a 50 year old booked strong" seems a little foolish,

• Like 1

Enzo is a classic case of someone that we haven't actually seen the development up close. He doesn't wrestle that much, but works house shows and all that all the time. And everytime I've watched him in the last few months, I've thought "Man, he's gotten really good"

He's a perfect face in peril right now. He's always sold like a fucking boss, but he's believable on offense now, 

I had to watch the NXT tag based on the comments, and yeah that was a great showing from all four guys. Cass and Enzo should do really well on the main roster. Surprisingly Cole and JBL did a good job of putting both teams over.

• Like 1