DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2016 Hall of Fame

ChesterCopperpot

So moral absolutists on both sides of the political spectrum hate poor Charles Wright and his pimp gimmick.

As for me I grew up on Dolemite and Big Daddy Kane, so congrats to The Godfather...

Ain't no half steppin.

• Like 1

Been watching a lot of JCP on the Network and there are lots of guys they can tap for the HOF. Ron Garvin, Nikita Koloff, The Rock & Roll Express, etc. Kind of surprised that Ivan Koloff hasn't gotten in at some point. Ended Bruno's crazy long reign and was a fixture in the territories and NWA for a long-time.

Ivan might be one to consider in Florida next year. He wasn't a fixture in Florida because he'd have his run and then move on, but his run with Dusty is almost up there with his run with Bruno.

Although full disclosure, Ivan vs Dusty might be my earliest memory in terms of the pro wrestling, so I might be a little biased.

Per the WON update today

There will be a Warrior Award winner this year, but like last year, it'll be nothing remotely close to what Warrior suggested with his idea of inducting a hard working employee into the Hall of Fame.

I always thought an SJW gimmick could do massive heel heat.  Maybe an updated version of Sunny's SMW gimmick.

So Right To Censor?

Closest thing to it in modern wrestling I've seen is some of Veda Scott's stuff in ROH, but that's really toned down.

Meltzer said Bossman isn't a hall of famer, I guess maybe that's true but who gives a fuck, let him get his shine or family rather.

I can add Dave's ability to chose Hall of Famers to his ability to judge matches as things "Dave fucking sucks at". 

• Like 1

Sam Roberts is whining online saying that basically Sable, Torrie Wilson, etc. should be in.  Maybe Sable but I really don't think Torrie or Stacy and them belong anywhere near the hall, not before Jackie. Mickie James is more deserving than Torrie.

I get that I'm arguing over a hall of fame where there is no real criteria.

Sam Roberts is whining online saying that basically Sable, Torrie Wilson, etc. should be in. Maybe Sable but I really don't think Torrie or Stacy and them belong anywhere near the hall, not before Jackie. Mickie James is more deserving than Torrie.

I get that I'm arguing over a hall of fame where there is no real criteria.

The only criteria is not being Nailz or Chris Benoit.

Jackie Moore is a pretty good induction as far as a pro wrestling HOF goes.  First woman in the PWI 500 as she was doing intergender matches before they became commonplace.  First black WWE female champion.  Probably the first black WWE female ref.  Also, held the WWE Cruiserweight Championship but that was pretty much a comedy angle.  Still better credentials than provided jerkin' material before high-speed internet.  Also, people liked her so WWE won't have to force the Divas to do her induction.

• Like 1