DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2016 Hall of Fame

ChesterCopperpot

3 hours ago, Morganti said:

That explains Meltzer's cryptic comments about why the new day is facing the league of nations

How does this explain the match?  I mean are we finding out that they hate black people more than Michael PS Hayes

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

This really is the most half-assed Hall of Fame ceremony ever

No, the Dudleys going into the TNA Hall of Fame was worse.

Just announced that Joan Lunden is going to receive the Warrior Award at the HOF.  I mean you figure that something involving their work with breast cancer would get it.  

Hopefully the crowd won't be as douchey as last year for this.  

2014: Warrior proposes the award as an "unsung hero" award for company employees who never get rewarded for their hard work

2015: WWE changes the definition of the award and gives it to Connor Michalek but hey, that's a really cool thing, so who cares?

2016: Award becomes the "let's give it to a famous person who got sick and we'll get some publicity" award

To be fair, if I try to think of an unsung wrestler who never got rewarded for their hardwork..... Warrior might be the very, very last name I think of.  I'm ok with turning it into something else.

(That said, giving it to Lunden is most likely blatant pandering in the hope the mainstream media notice).

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

2014: Warrior proposes the award as an "unsung hero" award for company employees who never get rewarded for their hard work

2015: WWE changes the definition of the award and gives it to Connor Michalek but hey, that's a really cool thing, so who cares?

2016: Award becomes the "let's give it to a famous person who got sick and we'll get some publicity" award

To be fair, nobody said the Warrior Award would be the "unsung hero" award in the first place.

Warrior did when he proposed it. 

The award was created following The Ultimate Warrior's death. During his April 2014 Hall of Fame speech shortly before his death, he proposed that there be a special category called the "Jimmy Miranda Award" for WWE's behind-the-scenes employees.  Miranda, who died in 2002, was part of the WWE merchandise department for more than 20 years.

Then WWE changed it so it would go to someone who "exhibited unwavering strength and perseverance, and who lives life with the courage and compassion that embodies the indomitable spirit of the Ultimate Warrior."