DVDVR Message Board

STEVE AUSTIN PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

Listening to the Jerry Only interviews and man does this guy come off like a huge full of shit douchebag. He perfectly encompasses the "If you run in to an asshole during the day you ran in to an asshole. If you run in to assholes all day long, you're the asshole" saying. Seems everybody who has been in the band with him is a dick and they were their own problems but he was never at fault for any of it. I don't know very much about the history The Misfits and have never listened to one song of theirs ever, but I know their name and that they've been around. But listening to him, they are The Beatles of punk rock and he is amazing and The Misfits changed the entire world. Who travels with a pack of lawyers? Somebody who needs representation when all his grandiose claims are called in to question, most likely. Man....I just don't think I've listened to an interview before where the person is so full of themselves and how great they are and how nothing is their fault since Sunny on Colt's show.

Jerry Only is the third most recognizable member of The Misfits and they haven't really been "The Misfits" in decades. It's like if Duff McKagan started touring as Guns 'N Roses.

I got a kick out of the interview because I kind of knew what to expect. What's fun is to listen to his WCW stories, then listen to Vampiro tell the same stories on AoW, then try and figure out who's more full of shit.

• Like 2

The Jerry Only interview was Austin's most interesting podcast in months for all the reasons you guys have mentioned.  Someone needs to do the research to see if those Misfits segments were popping the quarter hour ratings and pushing back against Raw's growing dominance in 1999.

• Like 1

What's fun is to listen to his WCW stories, then listen to Vampiro tell the same stories on AoW, then try and figure out who's more full of shit.

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this, I'm gonna say Only is more full of shit since he had to run most of his stories past what seemed like a troop of lawyers who were in the room with him and Austin.

Big Show interview was awesome. I could have easily listened to them talk for another hour and got the vibe they easily could have filled another hour. Hearing Big Show be brutally honest about creative and his own career was pretty awesome. I was so glad they did this as a live interview instead of pre-taped, lord knows how much would have been butchered if that was the case.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone listened to Russo on the latest show?

It was exactly what you would expect from Russo. It is bizarre though since he is dead on about the problems with the product. Every time I'm like how are his solutions so bad when he seems to have a good read on the issues. I've never listened to him all that closely so I probably just missed this in the past. He said on the show growing up he loved Chief Jay Strongbow and suddenly everything made sense. To be fair though diagnosing the current issues with the product is like diagnosing a cut jugular vein. 

• Like 1

You ain't gotta get hot about it.

I said that to my wife once when she was about to get mad about something. She was working up to trying to start an argument about something I didn't care about and I had just listened to the episode where Dutch talked about that so I said, "you don't have to get hot about it." Didn't go over well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the wheelchair story, but the story about him breaking his leg had me in stitches.  I love that he couldn't be bothered to go just 3 miles elsewhere and had it taken care of.  Enzo is the best, he's the embodiment of taking an already crazy character and turning it up a little for TV.  I have 20 minutes left of the second one, but I'm a much bigger fan of them now after hearing this.  And despite the craziness they have a surprisingly great mind for wrestling.  I was blown away about them talking to Steve and they definitely know what they're doing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...