DVDVR Message Board

STEVE AUSTIN PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the AJ podcast.  He has the right mentality as a wrestler and came across as one helluva loyal husband/father.  I respect him a ton for that.  Was amused by the amount of TNA talk, and it was told in the past tense like they already closed up.  I guess with their financial situation there's zero fucks given in regards to all they covered.

2 hours ago, Michael Sweetser said:

I'm on the same page as you guys re: Russo.  His ideas are terrible, but the principles behind the ideas make perfect sense, and he's right, they ARE missing for the most part from today's product.

That's what makes him so baffling. I almost entirely accept his premises behind what's wrong with WWE today, but I reject almost all of his solutions. It's weird...

I've been of that mindset for the past couple months.  Every now and then he'll somebody great on.  But with so much to listen to anymore, I just can't do random Ted Fowler or Q&A shows anymore.  It's the same with others so it's not just him.  But sometimes too much variety can lead to unexpected problems like this.

Back when Goldberg was being defensive and snippy on Colt Cabana's podcast I just chalked it up to the nerd/jock dichotomy between the two leading to Goldberg not liking Colt very much.

But after listening to him on Austin and hearing Goldberg get defensive and snippy towards Austin, who was complimenting him, it makes me think that Goldberg is just an asshole. 

1 minute ago, JonnyLaw said:

I'm not finished yet, but Goldberg was either a little drunk, or he's a stupid idiot.  He constantly seemed to misunderstand what Austin was asking and rambled like he couldn't keep his train of thought straight. 

Maybe he kicked himself in the head?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Back when Goldberg was being defensive and snippy on Colt Cabana's podcast I just chalked it up to the nerd/jock dichotomy between the two leading to Goldberg not liking Colt very much.

But after listening to him on Austin and hearing Goldberg get defensive and snippy towards Austin, who was complimenting him, it makes me think that Goldberg is just an asshole. 

Maybe Goldberg thinks Austin is a nerd too? He has spoken about watching 30+ year old British wrestling on Youtbe.