DVDVR Message Board

STEVE AUSTIN PODCAST THREAD (New)

RIPPA

Hearing Steve Austin discussing Chikara paydays with Ricochet might be the strangest "wrestling has come full circle" moment to date.  I was kind of hoping Austin was going to start listing gimmicks.

"I see here they have a cat named, Estonian Thunder Frog, what's so Estonian and Thunderous about a goddam Frog?"

Ricochet comes across as a good guy, but we all knew that anyway.

Ricochet bringing up Chuck Taylor and Austin saying "Yeah I've seen some of his stuff" was surreal whether it was true or not. I just like to imagine Austin getting drunk, watching Chuck Taylor videos on Youtube and doing the belly laugh.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Charlie M. said:

Ricochet bringing up Chuck Taylor and Austin saying "Yeah I've seen some of his stuff" was surreal whether it was true or not. I just like to imagine Austin getting drunk, watching Chuck Taylor videos on Youtube and doing the belly laugh.

I'd guess not true...Steve seems a little clueless with regard to indies.  I remember him interviewing Kevin Steen a while back and Steen said something like, "I don't know whatever happened to El Generico but I hear this Sami Zayn kid is doing well in NXT" and Steve didn't get it and moved on.

• Like 1

Also Ricochet talking about Tessa Blanchard and he off handedly mentions that Magnum TA is her step dad. I don't know the whole story, but in my head Tully's wife left him for Magnum immediately following their I Quit match.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Sammo~! said:

Also Ricochet talking about Tessa Blanchard and he off handedly mentions that Magnum TA is her step dad. I don't know the whole story, but in my head Tully's wife left him for Magnum immediately following their I Quit match.

That's the only thing that makes sense

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Damn.  Dean kind of shitting on Brock.

"I wanted that match to the the craziest and I pitched a ton of ideas and I worked so hard on it and other people worked so hard and we were met with laziness...Brock gonna Brock."

Also great, doing an impression of someone "I don't want to name" and the entire impression is bleeped out, but you can still tell it was Jamie Noble.

• Like 2

It's like Austin is always hoping someone will break out and do their own thing and he thinks Ambrose is the guy who's just dumb enough to do it...like if he does it it will be this epiphany and change the whole company instead of just getting Dean jobbing to R-Truth and Scooby Doo.