DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

Watching The Nightly Show and Ricky Velez just took on racism in wrestling; he talked to Tommy Dreamer and had Virgil turn him into "the most racist wrestler of all time" which was some racist "Mexican" heel (Ricky says he's Puerto Rican and Virgil says "it's the same thing"). Tommy, matter of fact as ever, says that if they had camera phones during ECW they would all have gone to jail, and that he'd had group sex with six women. Ooooookay...

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here

I didn't realize that Luna Vachon was dead.

This song is catchy. I've been finding myself singing it all day.

"I didn't realize that Luna Vachon was dead" is a song?

Shit now I have "didn't know Luna was dead," a la the Nationwide jingle, stuck in my head.

Saw Fucked Up at Fun Fun Fun Fest this weekend.  The singer broke out into the Evolution theme at some point and said it was the greatest wrestling theme song of all time now that Hogan ruined Real American.  Then he went off about how there was a compilation album that was a tribute to Ric Flair that included Converge and a bunch of other legit hardcore bands and it had liner notes from "Chris fucking Jericho."  But, Abraham says, the album was never released. 

The world's laziest Google search just now found no evidence of this.  Anybody know what he's talking about? 

• Like 1

I'll just leave this here

I didn't realize that Luna Vachon was dead.

This song is catchy. I've been finding myself singing it all day.

"I didn't realize that Luna Vachon was dead" is a song?

Shit now I have "didn't know Luna was dead," a la the Nationwide jingle, stuck in my head.

The actual song is "Luna Vachon is dead?!" and sounds like Bauhaus

• Like 2

Saw Fucked Up at Fun Fun Fun Fest this weekend.  The singer broke out into the Evolution theme at some point and said it was the greatest wrestling theme song of all time now that Hogan ruined Real American.  Then he went off about how there was a compilation album that was a tribute to Ric Flair that included Converge and a bunch of other legit hardcore bands and it had liner notes from "Chris fucking Jericho."  But, Abraham says, the album was never released. 

The world's laziest Google search just now found no evidence of this.  Anybody know what he's talking about? 

Not sure about that, but on a semi-related note Damien Abraham from Fuck up was on MVP's podcast.   Part of MLW radio.  It was mainly talking about weed.  It's a really fun episode if you're up for checking that out.

32 years ago today, what looks like an amazing show.  (After the first two matches, anyway.)

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada: Attendance was 7,804
- Hulk Hogan & Andre the Giant & Greg Gagne & Jim Brunzell beat David Shults & Mr Saito & Jerry Blackwell & Ken Patera
- Rick Martel beat Ray Stevens
- Billy Robinson drew Brad Rheingans
- Bobby Heenan beat Buck Zumhofe
- Otto Wanz beat Bill White
- Billy Graham beat Blackjack Lanza

• Like 1

Not sure about that, but on a semi-related note Damien Abraham from Fuck up was on MVP's podcast.   Part of MLW radio.  It was mainly talking about weed.  It's a really fun episode if you're up for checking that out.

I am quite interested in that!  Thanks.

• Like 1

Pretty much all of them, but I bet latter day WCW was the most guilty of it.

Watts era WCW was bad about it too. They claim 5000 people were at Beach Blast 92 in Mobile. There is no way it as every half that many. I was there. The floor seats were not full and the bleacher seats were 90% empty I doubt there was more than 1500 there.

32 years ago today, what looks like an amazing show.  (After the first two matches, anyway.)

- Billy Robinson drew Brad Rheingans

That one would have been a blast. Shooty as fuck.

• Like 2