DVDVR Message Board

November 2015 Wrestling Discussion

OSJ

I love World of Sport.

Jim Breaks is the best. He's a better insulter of chunky people who are sitting in the front row than even Ric Flair. Also, the Breaks Special is awesome. 

As someone who struggles to get into styles from other countries, I'm a huge sucker for WoS. Love the rounds, love the limbwork, love the weird schticky stuff that a lot of wrestlers do (or just weird wrestlers like Catweazle), love Kent Walton being the epitome of a proper white guy from an imperialistic country making vaguely racist remarks about foreign wrestlers occasionally in between calling the action like it's a legit sport...love it.

This is also why I really want to see Timothy Thatcher join Busick in NXT. If they bring back that joint/limbwork style and get it over, it might preserve careers a bit for some people. 

So with Seth out and no champion in TNA? Who is the top champion in professional wrestling? Finn Balor, Jay Lethal, or Okada?

When was the last time they did a tournament that didn't involve a heel getting a bye?

One of the top heels should get a bye. Just like the heel team should always win the coin toss at WarGames.

Anyone else reckon Ambrose will turn and join The Authority and completely change his character to a corporate stooge, just think turning Reigns is too obvious.

Why not keep the Authority as is and still have Reigns be the corporate champion without turning. All Steph/Hunter has to say is that it is best for business that the Samoan Badass is champion. All they have to say is having someone that looks like Reigns as champion is best for business because it's easy to market someone like Reigns to people who aren't neckbeards.

Also having Ambrose turn makes no sense because I don't think it's possible for him to clean himself up to look corporate.

Wrestling is supposed to be obvious. If Reigns was supposed to win the belt anyway, why not have him win the tournament. This only causes a slight headache for the writing staff if Reigns is not supposed to win the belt till Mania 32

Ambrose can turn without being corporate. He's been in the shadows of the other Shield guys, not pretty enough to be the golden boy, gonna take what he deserves, etc., etc.

You could but the question was what about turning Ambrose to the Authority's side instead of Reigns. Whoever turns everyone is expecting to be the Authority's new lackey because everyone is feeling a Survivor Series 98' vibe, plus it allows for less re-writing stories to just fill in someone's name in place of Rollins  while not changing the main part of the storyline

This could end up being just a Live Event type thing - but on the UK tour, they have Torito coming down and helping the Lucha Dragons defeat the Matadores.

Of course - I truly wonder how much taller than Torito, Kallisto actually is

Ambrose can turn without being corporate. He's been in the shadows of the other Shield guys, not pretty enough to be the golden boy, gonna take what he deserves, etc., etc.

You could but the question was what about turning Ambrose to the Authority's side instead of Reigns. Whoever turns everyone is expecting to be the Authority's new lackey because everyone is feeling a Survivor Series 98' vibe, plus it allows for less re-writing stories to just fill in someone's name in place of Rollins  while not changing the main part of the storyline

I know it won't happen but I kinda wish that nobody would turn to the Authority and just be a heel. Really sick of main event heel/face alignments being based on if you're on the side of the writers/corporate powers. I know it's a trope that won't go away anytime soon but it really just saps a lot of the fun out of wrestling for me. I don't watch wrestling for performance reviews, who gets ahead for kissing the boss's ass, etc. If I want that, I got my real life in the corporate world.

'

*Ok, "wrestling was better when I was a kid" and Clint Eastwood "Get off my lawn" rant OFF*

tumblr_lr2xhjpCRf1qm1975o1_500.gif

• Like 2