DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

It'll be interesting to see who they choose to headline that show with if Balor gets the call up before then.

Unless Itami is coming back soon, they'd really be down to Zayn and Apollo as top-tier faces. But is Apollo really ready to carry a show of this magnitude? Zayn is, but he's not going to be around much longer than WM himself, if even that long, so you can't credibly have him in the title mix. The heel side isn't much deeper, mainly Joe and Corbin at this point.

Maybe they bring down Owens for a brief run and give Zayn/Owens a proper NXT blowoff there?

With how blue-chip a sellout the Dallas Takeover is, it seems like they could take a risk like Apollo at the top just due to there being no possible failure (100,000 people coming in. Takeover's in Dallas's arena, and with how many smarks are going to be there you could make a strong case Takeover would sell out the Ballpark at Arlington at 52,000 to boot.)

It seems moot, though, since this does seem like it'll be built around the "tournament- winner goes to the AtG BR.)

Surely Rich Swann and Biff Busick will have made their debuts by then.

Will this be the next Takeover or is there another one inbetween? It seems too long to me to have to wait until April for the next Takeover.

Joe/Zayn and Bayley/Asuka seems like a pretty viable card. If you wanna shoot bigger, do a Sasha/Asuka one-off special attraction match or a (I know I know) one-time Daniel Bryan match.

They'll sell out American Airlines no matter what card they run, but Bryan/Zayn, Sasha/Asuka, and Joe/Itami could probably fill Globe Life.

I feel like they've already hinting at Balor vs Apollo.  I don't think that Zayn is going to be in NXT too much longer.  He would have already been on the main roster had he not gotten injured.  No need to put him in the title mix.

BTW. the show's not at the American Airlines Arena but at a smaller venue which is going to make that ticket even harder to get/more expensive.

Asuka/Jax seems like the only shoo-in right now. As much as I dont' want to see Bayley get called up until this Divas Gang Wars shit gets cleared up, I have a hard time believing she makes it all the way to April without getting pulled up to the main roster. That's a long time, and she seems too highly thought of to linger in NXT much longer.

NXT Championship: Sami Zayn vs Samoa Joe ©

Finn Balor vs Hideo Itami

NXT Women's Championship: Bayley © vs Asuka

NXT Tag Team Championship: Enzo and Big Cass © vs Gable and Jordan 

Texas Death Match: Crews vs Corbin 

Ross and Marshall Von Erich w/Kevin vs Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder w/Michael Hayes 

You're welcome, WWE. 

Realistically, I do think Balor vs Crews is being hinted at. So that shuffles Itami into Corbin's path. And some combination of Balor, Zayn, Bayley, and Corbin will likely be on the main roster by this point. So I really have no clue. But it sure was fun typing out that card. 

Edit: Just occurred to me that Joe being the one who attacked Itami is probably the way to go, Joe debuting at Unstoppable and looking to jump the line passes the sniff test and gives us a main event between two guys who aren't obvious next-day call-ups. Itami vs Joe headlines for the belt, indy-darling Zayn takes on the big bad Lone Wolf, and Crews and Balor settle their score.

Yep. That sounds closer to reality. Still no clue though. 

• Like 1

Cass/Enzo vs Jordan/Gable is an interesting match to me from a fan reaction standpoint. I think the fans might pick Jordan and Gable.

They could do the Joe was the one who attacked Itami angle and have them wrestle in the 2nd or 3rd from the top spot.

I don't even know who I'd cheer for if it came down to Enzo/Cass vs Jordan/Gable at this point. Give Enzo another big-time, somewhat serious promo like the one he cut on this week's show, and you can really sell this as a top-tier match. Bide the time between then and now with Gable and Jordan continuing to mow down former tag champs (starting with BAMF on the London TV), including a one-shot against the Lucha Dragons and maybe even something against Harper and Rowan if they do another Takeover between London and Dallas. In the meantime, extend Enzo and Cass' chase (worst case scenario) or bring in the Dudleys to challenge. Dash and Dawson are the final TV boss for Gable and Jordan in their well-earned, long-awaited top contender bout. 

Just realized that I look forward to the day when the tag belts finally headline one of these things. 

The best part about NXT is that no matter what card they put up in Dallas it'll be a barn burner. If you told me today that the main event was Enzo/Cass vs Dudleys I'd be psyched. Same match at Wrestlemania proper and I'd have my doubts.