DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

It might be too late to do this now but I always thought that Alexa would work well doing the Tammy Lynn Sytch gimmick from SMW. You know, a spoiled rich girl from an elite school who idolizes Hillary Clinton.........................

Honestly, you could lift the whole gimmick and it still works in 2016.

Holy fuck. You literally could without changing anything. Good Christ.

Although Alexa as Megyn Kelly is a hilarious idea.

Edit: Shout out to Jim Cornette for the Tammy gimmick and not letting his own personal politics get in the way of booking a lefty as a heat magnet.

It might be too late to do this now but I always thought that Alexa would work well doing the Tammy Lynn Sytch gimmick from SMW. You know, a spoiled rich girl from an elite school who idolizes Hillary Clinton.........................

I wonder if WWE could do the Beautiful People's angle with "The Governor". Have Team BAD think Hillary Clinton is going to support them, then have it be Mika Rotunda or some other non-NXT blonde with Team BAD being oblivious to the deceit while New Day is constantly trying to explain it to them. Then when Team BAD figure out the rouse, they beat up "Hillary" and "Hillary" reverts to her original persona of Sister Abigail. This leads to Bray leading his Family to torment Team BAD and then the New Day make the save setting up New Day vs. Wyatts.

• Like 1

I wonder if WWE could do the Beautiful People's angle with "The Governor". Have Team BAD think Hillary Clinton is going to support them, then have it be Mika Rotunda or some other non-NXT blonde with Team BAD being oblivious to the deceit while New Day is constantly trying to explain it to them. Then when Team BAD figure out the rouse, they beat up "Hillary" and "Hillary" reverts to her original persona of Sister Abigail. This leads to Bray leading his Family to torment Team BAD and then the New Day make the save setting up New Day vs. Wyatts.

No need for all of that. Just have Alexa be a hot, vapid blonde who wears Hillary buttons and talks about how much she loves Hillary. No need to paint Team BAD as total morons who wouldn't recognize one of the most recognizable people in the country. 

The problem is it would be a major change for Alexa and that is seemingly something they don't like to do when they call up people from NXT to WWE.

As far as Team BAD looking like fools, they're self absorbed heels and two of which are in their twenties, it would be believable they wouldn't know what Hillary looks like but they would know her name. The same premise would be how did the Beautiful People not know that Daffney was playing Sarah Palin. Hell you could just have Naomi and Sasha not get it but Tamina is the one who does. Really the idea behind this would be to giveTeam BAD  an excuse for why they are out of the Divas title picture (of course in my perfect booking world, Charlotte drops the belt to Becky and the WM32 Mania Divas Title match is Becky/Sasha)

The problem is it would be a major change for Alexa and that is seemingly something they don't like to do when they call up people from NXT to WWE.

As far as Team BAD looking like fools, they're self absorbed heels and two of which are in their twenties, it would be believable they wouldn't know what Hillary looks like but they would know her name. The same premise would be how did the Beautiful People not know that Daffney was playing Sarah Palin. Hell you could just have Naomi and Sasha not get it but Tamina is the one who does. Really the idea behind this would be to giveTeam BAD  an excuse for why they are out of the Divas title picture (of course in my perfect booking world, Charlotte drops the belt to Becky and the WM32 Mania Divas Title match is Becky/Sasha)

To be fair, I didn't like it when TNA did it either. I just don't find it believable in the age of the internet for there to be people who do not know what Hillary Clinton looks like. At least with Palin, it was plausible since she was new to the national scene. Hillary has literally been a national figure for almost 25 years, has been a Senator, Secretary of State and was a major candidate in the 2008 presidential election. For someone to not know what Hillary Clinton looks like, they would have to live in a literal cave. 

And you could always sub in a different hot blonde into Alexa's role if needed.

Could do a compromise and have it obvious she's not Hillary, Team BAD knows it's not Hillary but still parade her around because "all white girls look the same anyway"  but that might be too meta for WWE to do subtlety.

However this is Vince McMahon booking it, so he'll get the ugliest woman he can find, put a blonde wig on her and call her Hillary and mock her in the middle of the ring for 20 minutes the day before the election while promoting his friend, Donald Trump as the best hope for America.

If not for the rule requiring all candidates to get equal time, Vince probably would've brought Trump out on RAW already. As it is, if Vince does that, he'd have to invite everyone at some point and I'm not sure that I want RAW to open with a Jeb Bush 20 minute promo. 

If not for the rule requiring all candidates to get equal time, Vince probably would've brought Trump out on RAW already. As it is, if Vince does that, he'd have to invite everyone at some point and I'm not sure that I want RAW to open with a Jeb Bush 20 minute promo.

Oh I do! But 2 minutes in New Day interrupt.

"JEB! Your campaign smells like booty, not a flower....but don't you DARE be sour! Clap your hands for your two time tag champs and feeeeel the power!"

There are exemption to the equal time rule. I don't think it would apply to a show like Raw. I think it's mostly for news programs.

There are exemption to the equal time rule. I don't think it would apply to a show like Raw. I think it's mostly for news programs.

NBC affiliates had to offer the other GOP candidates equal time when Trump appeared on SNL. USA would technically have to offer the other candidates the time but they'd probably just make Vince schedule them on his show. 

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/donald-trump-saturday-night-live-equal-time-nbc-1201636405/

Here's what would really happen:

1) Trump appears, possibly pops a rating

2) Every other candidate declines

3) There's another embarrassing "Stand Up For WWE" campaign

4) A week an a half of Yahoo! frontpage clickbait involving Benoit, Owen, and Hogan saying N

5) We move on with our lives

• Like 1

The only person a character called The Drifter should ever be a tag partner with should be called The Strangler.

Oh man if The Drifter's gimmick is that local cops are always trying to pin unsolved murders on him, that would be gold.

Or the cops are always trying to drop him off outside the city limits because they don't allow drifters in town, leading to him snapping and destroying half the town.

• Like 1