DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

So this guy is at the NXT tapings today - *an excellent spoiler*

1IvVqol.png

Also seen at Full Sail:

James Storm and Gunner.

I'm starting to wonder if indie wrestlers just wait at the Full Sail parking lot waiting to get picked to wrestle like day laborers at a Home Depot.

• Like 8

I am excited about that first name - indifferent on the second but always am willing to see what guys are like in a new setting

Yeah I've wanted to see the first guy get a shot for a long time. Been a fan of his for over a decade.

• Like 2

Just look at the signings of the last 2 to three years... It's obvious that the diminishing returns of the bodybuilder and fitness model types has taken roost. Plus with their desire to start using independent talent and veterans, they could have their deepest in ring roster ever.

The reality is that the more diverse your roster is, the better off you become.  Having performers built like Kevin Owens or Big E only work if not everyone is built the same way.  Opening up the size derivation to extend below 5'9" makes your seven footers look even more massive and commanding.  It also makes your fast guys look faster as they outpace someone like the Miz.

WELP.

trying to drive ROH out of business is kinda shitty, but if it leads to Cheeseburger, NXT Champ and Dalton Castle, NXT Champ, I'm cool with it, I guess.

I just want them to spin NXT off completely as its own thing, bring Neville and Sasha and Becky and everyone back that they're not even using really, and have it become half indie-fantasy-matchup company and half minor leagues for the people with less experience who are learning. I complain about Full Sail a lot, but those fans are pretty forgiving of people who are trying hard even if they're not good yet. A hybrid mini-promotion like that can work. 

I am excited about that first name - indifferent on the second but always am willing to see what guys are like in a new setting

Yeah I've wanted to see the first guy get a shot for a long time. Been a fan of his for over a decade.

Same here.. the #1 guy I've been wanting to get a shot in NXT. He was my pick for best in the world back in 2012, having great match after great match with a wide variety of opponents. I imagine the same in WWE, lot of guys he'd have fantastic matches with.