DVDVR Message Board

GENERAL NXT DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

They really just need to put him in a singlet or vest. And make him shave his head. I think he's improved to the point that he could make an impact on the main roster, but "balding with a sad-face torso" is gonna be two strikes he doesn't need while he's trying to establish himself and trading wins with Stardust and Miz.

I think Corbin has a future but I'm surprised they aren't on his ass about bulking up.  He's smaller than their typical big dudes.

I doubt it's that big of a concern if he can go in the ring, has a good character and doesn't look out of shape. I made the comparison a couple times, but he reminds me a lot of Edge when he wasn't so hugely bulked up. 

They really just need to put him in a singlet or vest. And make him shave his head. I think he's improved to the point that he could make an impact on the main roster, but "balding with a sad-face torso" is gonna be two strikes he doesn't need while he's trying to establish himself and trading wins with Stardust and Miz.

I think he'd look good if he just wrestled in his own shirt (I know that sounds lame), the sleeveless version. 

You're right, he's like a thicker Edge.

He's not really balding either. I know someone who has the same problem; he has very thin hair, wetting it just makes it look worst (but when he cuts it short, he looks fine).

You're right about when it looks wet and it's combed back because it leaves all of those parts on his scalp. And yeah, I know someone with a hairline like that too.

As for cutting it short, man, I don't know. Those pictures of him with shorter hair make him look super young, even younger than he currently looks. And his Amish beard growth doesn't help. If he had the ability to grow facial hair on his cheeks it would be fine, but he has the unfortunate problem where it looks like it only grows well on his jawline. Lately, he's looked a little tougher and a little more badass. 

He's not really balding either. I know someone who has the same problem; he has very thin hair, wetting it just makes it look worst (but when he cuts it short, he looks fine).

You're right about when it looks wet and it's combed back because it leaves all of those parts on his scalp. And yeah, I know someone with a hairline like that too.

As for cutting it short, man, I don't know. Those pictures of him with shorter hair make him look super young, even younger than he currently looks. And his Amish beard growth doesn't help. If he had the ability to grow facial hair on his cheeks it would be fine, but he has the unfortunate problem where it looks like it only grows well on his jawline. Lately, he's looked a little tougher and a little more badass.

These are problems that can be solved with a mask. WWE needs a masked wrestler that isn't Kane.
  • Like 1

These are problems that can be solved with a mask. WWE needs a masked wrestler that isn't Kane.

LuchaDragons_titles.png

8X10_LodMatadores.jpg

Was just about to say that too; just have an excuse for him to wear a half-mask.

Or, since Hunico doesn't exist anymore, he could wear a headscarf. (He was going to have a biker gimmick with valet and all.)

EDIT: WTH...

bo-rotundo-rotundolg12-1328909309.jpg

Marcus Louis is still in NXT. They seem to have dropped whatever they were trying to do with him, which is too bad. He seemed pretty committed to the act, they just never tried to develop it much beyond "he's bald and crazy."

He was really trying with it and his physical mannerisms fit the gimmick great, but I just couldn't buy into the whole "he's bald and disfigured" idea because it was blatantly obvious he has a full head of hair and was shaving his head and eyebrows.  They should just put he and Lefort back together, as that will probably be the best way to utilize either guy.

So it appears - via HHH conference call today about the UK trip that they are going to tape at least one week's worth of TV during the Takeover show since he said Sami Zayn would be on that show (along with Elias Samson's debut and a 4-way match)

He also said that they want to do more Takeover shows at different locales and he specifically cited Japan

So it appears - via HHH conference call today about the UK trip that they are going to tape at least one week's worth of TV during the Takeover show since he said Sami Zayn would be on that show (along with Elias Samson's debut and a 4-way match)

So when a guy is given a  renewed push, it's considered a "debut" now?  Because he's been there a while and has actually had a TV match or two specifically as The Drifter.

I don't know if Triple H used the word "debut" but the Torch (which where I was looking) said Hunter said "in-ring debut"

So as I said before - we are supposed to forget all those other times he was in the ring (including the Dusty Rhodes tournament)

• Like 1

A return to Japan would be the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit. The Beast in the East show was one of my favorite shows this year. It's up there with the Brooklyn Takeover and Wrestlemania. Part of that has to do with the overall aesthetic of how the Japan crew filmed and produced the show.

And, I feel like some of us are being trolled with that commercial for Perfect 10 Tye Dillinger.

• Like 2

So if they do a Takeover show in Japan, would NJPW be willing to loan out someone on their roster without it conflicting with their ROH relationship, since it won't be directly competing with an ROH show? Or would NJ stay loyal to ROH, like they do with CMLL? Triple H claims he's had talks with New Japan, so it'll be interesting to see if loyalty trumps WWE money.

Discussion of how Asuka should lose her first notable match at Takeover with some bullshit shenanigans are obviously suffering Stockholm Syndrome in relation to typical WWE booking.  They don't HAVE to do 50/50 booking with this one, just putting up a strong fight and taking Asuka to the limit would elevate Emma in and of itself.

• Like 2