DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Booking aside, I think you have to look at the business end of it. They were hemorrhaging so much money and it was mostly because of guaranteed contracts. Those weren't getting fixed in any way, so when you look at it as a matter of money coming in vs money going out, I think it was over no matter how you look at it.  

If you bought just WCW and its contracts (And it needed new owners, because Time-Warner was tired of it, I just assumed that any fantasy booking of the viability of WCW assumed new ownership was involved), you'd lose most of those contracts.  But look at the WWE WCW roster: no Goldberg, Jarrett, Luger, DDP, Hogan, Nash, Hall.  If you got just that roster, you'd have a lot less deadweight (You still had a handful like Bagwell) and a fresher start.  Then, again you'd need the capital, you could see about buying SOME of the Time-Warner deals out and signing the guys who still had some value: Steiner, Goldberg, Mysterio etc.  Again, you wouldn't be able to challenge WWE for ratings/buy-rates, but you could put together a much more viable #2 company than has existed since WCW's end.

One of the companies we contract some of our IT work to has a tech named "Michael Hayes."  It's always a source of lulz for me.  I was just cc'd on the following:

"We are showing eno4 is down.  Do I need to send Michael Hayes to the data center?"

Imagining the ol' Freebird bopping on down to the cage where the servers are to reconnect a cable.  Definitely wearing a sparkly rebel flag cape.

• Like 6

I'd rather see Austin/Brock in a smoke and mirrors streetfight than whatever Rock/Brock would look like, but either one would probably do the business they need for Jerry World.

I want to hear the fans chant "You still got it!" while Austin is just stomping a mudhole in Brock in the corner.

The Rock would try to, Austin would work around it with brawling outside the ring. The problem is there isn't anyone else to put across from Brock, D-Bry would be the only one I can think of but even if he gets cleared he should never EVER have a match with Brock for his own safety, he would do some dumb shit for sure. A rematch with Reigns maybe but to sell out Jerry World Brock/Austin or Brock/Rock are probably what you'll need, they both could work, I have more faith in Austin than the Rock because I feel like Austin will approach the match better than Rock will.

EDIT- For Mania I want New Day vs Team Hell No the lead up would be glorious, I want the feud to start now.

To me, it looks pretty obvious that it will be Brock vs Austin and Brock being on the Stone Cold Podcast looks to move that forward. Austin's explanation for the end of the Heyman podcast was about the lamest thing ever to cover up for a build up to Brock vs Austin. When Brock goes on Austin's podcast, you know for sure Austin going home instead of taking on Brock and how Austin treated Heyman will be brought up.  

• Like 1