DVDVR Message Board

SEPT 2015 WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

RIPPA

House show in Johnson City TN at Freedom Hall and JBL whips his opponent into the ropes and takes dude's head off hit his pattended "Clothesline  and Hell"...and in perfect unison the loud thud the foe had made must've knocked a celing tile lose from the celing(which is pretty high) and it landed beside the ring with a inasenely scary sound.

Is there anything better than fat flying wrestlers?

No, there is not,

There's a match on a MSG Show from 1983. Dusty Rhodes is in a random midcard match and he wins with a running cross body block. That's why I liked Brodus Clay. He would do the same exact move and Dusty had to of shown him that clip.

drdhBKZU5YSMtw_1.jpg

I wonder if any match with these three made tape. Or just happened at all.

The Weekly Pro Wrestling Tokyo Dome show that every promotion (except WAR) participated in on 4/2/95 had those three against Funk, Nakamaki, and Leatherface.  And yes, there's tape of it.

• Like 1

No, there is not,

There's a match on a MSG Show from 1983. Dusty Rhodes is in a random midcard match and he wins with a running cross body block. That's why I liked Brodus Clay. He would do the same exact move and Dusty had to of shown him that clip.

Dusty also pinned the Big Boss Man at the '89 Survivor Series with a cross body.

drdhBKZU5YSMtw_1.jpg

I wonder if any match with these three made tape. Or just happened at all.

The Weekly Pro Wrestling Tokyo Dome show that every promotion (except WAR) participated in on 4/2/95 had those three against Funk, Nakamaki, and Leatherface.  And yes, there's tape of it.

http://youtu.be/YgbLof_GcY0

http://youtu.be/TmW4biqR1YU

At the time Meltzer (who was there live) said that edited correctly, this would look like the greatest wrestling match of all time. OF ALL TIME.

• Like 1

No, there is not,

Brodus did an AMA on Reddit this week. Had lotsa respect for the Dream.

Oh man, that's the "race to the ring" match that Foley talked about in his book. I've NEVER seen that. Thank you guys.

EDIT: That was flat out amazing. I forgot it was the match that would have shut down the biggest interpromotional show in Japanese history if Foley would have managed to light up the board. Them improvising with a huge dive train the likes of which hadn't been seen outside Mexico, capped with Terry doing the best moonsault he ever did... man, that made my night. Also, Leatherface disappearing right as the match starts and then coming in with the sparking chainsaw and immediately doing highspots.