DVDVR Message Board

JULY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION V.2.0

•  
http://placetobenati...t-bruce-tharpe/

titans52.jpg

Parv, Pete and Johnny Sorrow welcome back NWA President Bruce Tharpe and the Devil himself, Kevin Sullivan(!!) to talk NWA Classics. Bruce talks about some of the technical aspects of the footage, such as aspect ratio and the transfer process, while Kevin tells some great stories about various legends in the business including The Funks, Gary Hart, Eddie Graham, and Vince McMahon Sr. 

Whenever I listen to Johnny Sorrow on a podcast, I'm always thrown off by his voice. He sounds like a dude who has been in more than a few bar fights and won most of them. 

You had me at aspect ratio.

I know, I know... :D But it was an issue for some dumb reason.

And the only bar fights I've ever been in was when I was DJing and Bouncing at a strip club. I prefer talking things out with my razor blade voice.

Rolling Stone is still a thing?

Oh, that's right, they just reported that fake rape story.

Yet blahblahblah Bill Cosby blahblahblah all those years blahblahblah where were they then? blahblahblah "puttin' th' pillzin th'people" -_0.

Yeah, fuck off, Rolling Stone.

Come on dude. If you didn't know what he was talking about you shouldn't have posted anything at all. Because he's not talking about Cosby.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/erik-wemple/wp/2014/12/11/the-full-demise-of-rolling-stones-rape-story/

I knew exactly what he was talking about.

I was making a point that RS was so quick to jump on a bullshit story, making themselves look like idiots in the process for the sake of sales, while in the meantime this Bill Cosby thing has been lying dormant for so long while RS did nothing with it and it takes Hannibal Buress to drag it into the public.

So yeah, I knew exactly what I was talking about. You didn't.

So was this Joe's fault or was this the kinda thing that was building for awhile?

I've heard (and I can't remember the source) that Tyson really wanted to put Joe's finisher over like death so he amplified the way he took the bump. No one has blamed Joe for this one at all as far as I know.

How is Joe fairing in NXT? This board is pretty much my sole exposure to wrestling these days :$

It can't be stated enough how much of a natural Barry Windham was.  I watched some of the Clash of the Champions 2 last night; Windham was a heel for the first time in his career and had only been so for about a month (he still had his babyface gear on) but he had the schtick down cold like he'd been a heel forever.  Dude was amazing.

• Like 2

It can't be stated enough how much of a natural Barry Windham was.  I watched some of the Clash of the Champions 2 last night; Windham was a heel for the first time in his career and had only been so for about a month (he still had his babyface gear on) but he had the schtick down cold like he'd been a heel forever.  Dude was amazing.

Barry Windham, from 86 to 89 might have been the best worker in North America and in the running for best world wide. A spectacular professional wrestler. I'd rather watch Flair vs. Windham than Flair vs. Steamboat if that tells you anything.

• Like 3

I'm embarrassed to say this, but because of my age, my first exposure to Barry Windham was as a New Blackjack in 1997 and as Curt Hennigs tag partner in 1999, working in jeans and a beater. So you can imagine how blown my mind was when I saw his old stuff on tape for the first time.

Barry is always bitter sweet for me. Sweet because his high end stuff is sooo goddamn great. Bitter because we didn't get near enough of his peak work before injuries/weight gain/promotion hopping took their toll.

• Like 1