DVDVR Message Board

Raw 5-18-15

MGFanJay

Watched the segment on Youtube and that was pretty great. I have no problems with Owens' delivery, it's just a big whatever -- he said he's worked longer than Cena (interesting) and the "I'm a prizefighter" line was enough for me. What is important is he powerbombed John Cena and stepped on the US belt. When you do that you can have a flat delivery, who gives a shit.

• Like 1

Yeah, his promo was shit, but his stomping on the US belt was fucking gold.  Shit, he would have been better off just walking to the ring, staring at him, cheap shot, powerbomb, then stomping before leaving.  Actually, now I'm kinda pissed he didn't just do that. 

What Raw were you guys watching?!  Owens promo was bad?!

Owens promo was great.  When Cena said "Listen kid" and Owens cut him off by telling him how he's been wrestling longer than Cena has was so good.  His delivery was perfect.  Everything made total sense.

I loved this show, btw.  I don't think I skipped anything, really, maybe the odd Authority promo here and there.

It's too bad they don't have a PPV every two weeks to build to that requires extra attention on the IC Title and Tag Titles, because the added segments on both belts makes this show less boring.

Also have to give Kane credit for the amazing face he pulled when he saw Rose and Rosa making out.  (I think that was Rose and Rosa?!)

• Like 6

Yeah, if Vic thinks that promo sucked, we're not in the same ballpark. If he thinks that Owens promo, which was good, is indicative of Owens's high level of mic work as of recently, we're not even in the same league and/or sport. That is what that is, but yeah, maybe you were watching a different segment than me. Let's be diplomatic and put it that way. 

• Like 1

Good grief, some of you need to pump the brakes on trashing Owens's promo. His delivery may have been a little wooden, but he wasn't forgetting his lines or stumbling over his words or anything. In any other segment, he would have been just fine. Tonight he just happened to be working opposite the best promo in the company not named Heyman. Cena made the Rock look second-rate, so of course Owens is going to pale in comparison.

• Like 1

One hell of a fun show. Actually, the only thing I really disliked was the Dean-Seth segment, at the end. Everything else just clicked. 

Random thoughts...

Bo Dallas really has the potential to be something special. Loved his work on commentary, and his brutal beatdown of Nevillle. 

Cena-Owens is going to be off the hook...I hope.

The tag team chaos was great, with PTP being the standouts. 

Didn't mind the Lana-Rusev stuff, but they need to explain why she is now aligning herself with Dolph. Hell, maybe she just wants to fuck him. If so, say it ...in a PG way, obviously. 

Kane's turn is going to be fun. Will 'Taker be involved, somehow?

Some of you people are so tiresome. Not every promo needs to be Cena or Heyman shouty. Owens' laconic promo was pitch-perfect. He SHOULDN'T come out there spitting fire. He should be a cocky, disrespectful jerk who can only be bothered to give a crap when he feels someone isn't giving him his due, which was exactly the mark he hit.

• Like 8

Owens promo was great.  When Cena said "Listen kid" and Owens cut him off by telling him how he's been wrestling longer than Cena has was so good.  His delivery was perfect.  Everything made total sense.

Funny thing is Cena actually has a year on Owens.

Owens promo was great. When Cena said "Listen kid" and Owens cut him off by telling him how he's been wrestling longer than Cena has was so good. His delivery was perfect. Everything made total sense.

He probably wants to forget that time in UPW.

"Big Guy has the microphone, Big Guy's talkin, Steph." I like that Ryback has been showing his personality lately. Good for him. A big chunk of the midcard has developed very nicely this year.

I watched Kevin Owens' kid reaction a dozen times. So sweet and he must be so proud.

• Like 2

Owens-Cena could be a money feud if they played it right- and played it off of both guys belief systems clashing.  Those are the best types of feuds, but WWE can't pull it off.

Cena needs to watch some Lawler-Gilbert tapes.

Gotta love the "______ is flawless and if you don't like it FUCK YOU" attitude in the Raw thread anytime something people like happens.

Promo was good, but Owens was pretty clearly not as confident on the mic as he's been in NXT. Whoever said that was probably due to bullet points vs. tightly scripted promos is probably right on the money.

• Like 1