DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-20-15

MGFanJay

They banned the Curb Stomp to protect the necks of Wrestlers. So Seth starts doing a Single-Arm DDT as a finisher. Which is the move that Shane Douglas broke Pitbull 1's neck with.

Ryback needs a weekly vignette segment where he goes around to restaurants in the area with "finish this mammoth meal and you don't have to pay" gimmicks and eating the whole thing.

He would have been a shoe-in for Man vs. Food Nation. Amazingly Adam Richman has gone vegan, btw, and lost 60 lbs.

He also had a quasi-meltdown by making jokes about himself being bulimic, then when people suggested that was kind of a shitty thing to do, he went ballistic busting out c-words and saying how he didn't have to apologize.  Which was weird, because he seemed like such a chill, jolly dude previously.

Well that is bizarre. 

No, that would be Andrew Zimmern.

• Like 8

They banned the Curb Stomp to protect the necks of Wrestlers. So Seth starts doing a Single-Arm DDT as a finisher. Which is the move that Shane Douglas broke Pitbull 1's neck with.

The move Rollins used on Raw wasn't that move, though. Rollins used a version of the Christian lay-out DDT, only the opponent was face down instead of face up.

I didn't much care for it as a main eventer's finisher. I hope he finds something better.

And I bet Bryan will keep doing the missile dropkick as opposed to the much safer flying bodypress.

The curb stomp Seth does basically involves nothing from Seth. The guy is just sort of taking a flat face bump. It's not like it's Super Dragon style, which a guy in the company already used. Maybe two. I think Simon Dean did it a few times and then Burchill was doing a version.

• Like 1

Man, this show just dragged and dragged and dragged. The only thing I was somewhat looking forward to was the battle of The Miz's and I knew Summer Rae would turn and when she did it still sucked.

New Day getting the tag title shot was weird. I guess a heel vs. delusional heel tag team will be on the pre-show once again.

Sheamus was amazing during his obliteration of Zack Ryder. I thought for sure we were going to see his Arse (being a literal ass in the form of a Donkey...I know that's where this is headed). It's a shame it took them this long to turn him. Happy go lucky Sheamus was just so bland. Give the guy a mohawk and some dreads on his beard and he's reborn.

The Bella's turning good but still being bitchy is quite amusing. Namoi is gonna need new music if she's gonna keep her new MMMM HMMM attitude, They should just give her Cameron's look and catch phrase. It would work so much better with her.

I almost wanted to see Kane win the US Title. But man once again fuck Cena and his superman act. He gets the shit beaten out of him the whole match...just hits a pop up AA and wins. Could it kill them to have him win in a fluke manner with a small package or something once in a while? The Rusev beat down was so hilariously bad though. Rusev making these weird snorting and grunting sounds. It's a shame this match is gonna be bloodless.

That's about where I made it to. After Mizdow lost I tapped out. I got the rest on the DVR. Saw a gif of Orton's RKO though.

I like heel Naomi but they need to get rid of the Funk theme for her. I kept hearing rumors of them doing a sudden turn on the Bellas but was hoping they would at least provide some sort of excuse. No dice lol I did like the match between Naomi and Brie though and hope this leads to a new Divas Champ.

I like heel Naomi but they need to get rid of the Funk theme for her. I kept hearing rumors of them doing a sudden turn on the Bellas but was hoping they would at least provide some sort of excuse. No dice lol I did like the match between Naomi and Brie though and hope this leads to a new Divas Champ.

It's not like they really provided an excuse for Brie turning heel.

I am glad that I got to hear Kane's epic promo before falling asleep on the couch. We need a gif of the WWE Title superimposed on El Torito.

I thought that there couldn't be another finisher worse than Cena's but I was wrong.  I hate Seth's new finisher.  Looks too much like the Dirty Deeds except for the belly bump the guy takes and I could stand not to have ECW circa 2000 redux when everyone's finisher was a version of the DDT.

WWE frowns on workers taking too many head bumps (for good reason) so no return of GLG as his take it home move.

Did the Bellas really do anything that required explanation? Naomi turned heel because she wanted a shot at the belt. The Bellas kind of became face by default.

Why can't a heel champ defend against a heel opponent?

I don't have a problem with turning the Bella's face but to do that you have actually tell them so Nikkie doesn't spend the whole match on commentary speaking the same way she did a week ago.

From universal acclaim not even a month ago to this.

At no point has this board given WWE programming universal acclaim.

I know everyone loves Ambrose and Harper, but they need to stop pairing them before it's the new Sheamus-Del Rio or Kofi-Dolph Best of 500 that nobody cares about the outcome of. Yes, I know they are "good" matches, but not a single one of them has mattered or helped out either of them.

Also, the technical name for Seth's new finisher is actually "forward falling Girl Bye."

• Like 2

Did the Bellas really do anything that required explanation? Naomi turned heel because she wanted a shot at the belt. The Bellas kind of became face by default.

Why can't a heel champ defend against a heel opponent?

I don't have a problem with turning the Bella's face but to do that you have actually tell them so Nikkie doesn't spend the whole match on commentary speaking the same way she did a week ago.

I think the Bellas are just face by default in this feud, I honestly don't think that they've "turned" face. With Paige out right now, they don't really have any other faces so you get weird things like this. 

That Ambrose/Harper bit went nowhere and I agree that they need to tone down how often they're fighting.

This Raw wasn't that bad, especially compared to last week's. 

"It's funny because it's food!" was indeed the line of the night.

I couldn't believe how jobber-ific it was, though.  That sequence of Orton/Slater, Reigns/Bo and Sheamus/Ryder was the most squashing I've seen in a while.

As a lifelong Orton hater, I'd really like to give whoever invented those "RKO OUTTA NOWHERE!" videos a swift kick to the fupa, no matter how funny they kinda were at first.  Having Orton stand in the ring and the announcers not notice he's there until the camera pans out is the fuckin' worst.  Ready for Rollins to move on. 

Bo's promo on Reigns was fantastic.  The main event was fun.  US Champ Cena is the best thing in WWE right now.  Even Kane was kind of interesting.  I started this show about an hour and a half in and never caught up live, which hasn't happened in a while, so I'd certainly say this was better than the past couple of weeks or that shit they were feeding us in the 'Mania build.

Well at least Adrian Neville didn't lose this week

PROGRESS~!

See, that's the big difference between Neville and Kalisto (and boy howdy did that crowd come alive when he got the hot tag last night): Kalisto's getting PROTECTED. Sure he lost, but he didn't get pinned and it took illegal interference to get him counted out at that. He hasn't been pinned or even lost cleanly yet, while Neville's already been pinned twice. Protection is the key.

(PS: Why is Ryback's finished called the Shellshock? Everything else is food-related.  Shouldn't it be food-titled?).

It is food-related, but the announcers keep mispronouncing it.  The move is actually called the Shellshuck.

• Like 4

(PS: Why is Ryback's finished called the Shellshock? Everything else is food-related.  Shouldn't it be food-titled?).

It is food-related, but the announcers keep mispronouncing it.  The move is actually called the Shellshuck.

Million Billion Stars!