DVDVR Message Board

Raw 4-20-15

MGFanJay

The show opened with a four minute-long Raw recap and then an endless Orton promo that led to an endless Seth promo - this just ate up about 10 minutes. Dean and Harper had the best five minute match ever. Everything they did was fast and intense, and the non-finish worked to set up a PPV match. New Day faced Lucha Dragons, with Cole not being able to tell Cara and Kalisto apart. New Day won via cheating, and get a title shot...and got buried here by Orton. Well, Kofi and Xavier did - Big E left, so maybe he'll split and renew a singles plush - or at least the illusion of one.

HHH's Tough Enough promo sucked, but GODDAMN WAS KANE'S PROMO GREAT. Bellas are now faces for whatever reason. Naomi's a heel officially while the Bellas turned face...somehow. Okay match between them. AMAZING stuff from Bo Dallas. Oh, and Roman was there too and punched him out before stealing Bo-LIEVE. 

Man did I love Sheamus just kicking Zack's ass and talking shit in the process. Shame Dolph attacked him like a coward because he couldn't take Sheamus being the better man. Also, WUT DA HAYELL is Booker thinking saying that Dolph making Sheamus kiss his ass is him reclaiming his World Title-level glory?

Kane-Cena sucked. LOVED Cena's stupid faces during the Rusev attack. Miz-Mizdow was nothing, but man is Miz great. He gets Maryse in real life and Summer on-air. Sure, he ate an RKO, but whatever. Bryan-Barrett is now a maybe, so I guess they feel somewhat confident about him. Bullshit to hype up THE TAG TITLE MATCH ON THE PPV and then on the same show just say it's on the pre-show.

Bray cut a promo on weights and Ryback beat Rose before destroying a hot dog and a banana with a double shellshock. Surprisingly, Bray didn't attack him here. Dolph and Seth had a video game match until Sheamus distracted Dolph and Seth hit the buckle bomb and his new wacky DDT finisher since the curb stomp is banned. Fun bit with Orton RKOing Seth.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/04/wwe-raw-4-20-15.html

Screens -

b73dc3404916790.jpg

5a86f8404920240.jpg

d4eb22404920705.jpg

3ca488404921189.jpg

150bb0404922313.jpg

0f45e7404922553.jpg

bff000404919403.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/gvxr87aepxq3b5idcku23nn4c5ko6hcn

You know how to tell they're still invested in Bray?

In the middle of yet another "face of fear" promo, Orton *didn't* pop up to give him an RKO. Could you only imagine, though?

I still have no clue who Bray is feuding with except that it is some monster strong man.  So it is could be Ryback or Mark Henry which isn't appealing at all

I think the real losers in the main event cage match on Sunday is the fans knowing they will suffer through a Kane vs Orton or Kane vs Rollins feud

Why did they ban the curb stomp again?

Damien Sandow is basically dead man walking now by losing to the Miz.  Since apparently the Miz is going to be away for another movie would it have killed him to lose and then repackage him

Love how this will be the first ever televised russian chain match in history if you act like WCW and the Crocketts never existed of course  <_<

WUT DA HAYELL is Booker thinking saying that Dolph making Sheamus kiss his ass is him reclaiming his World Title-level glory?

I think he's trying to put polish on a turd of a storyline by making a victory in a dumb match sound like a bigger deal than it is.

I've seen worse moves than this, but I also saw the same move done by an Israeli glorified backyarder/indy wrestler more than ten years ago. They think the Curb Stomp is a "dangerous head related move" even though the guy basically takes no bump and it's less impact than the damn RKO. Seth barely does anything.

tumblr_nn5064VpMi1srbyoyo1_500.gif

It could be worse, he used this in his early indy days. Needless backbumps~!
vWbp36.gif

I couldn't deal with this show.  As soon as I saw Harper-Ambrose, I thought "Nothing is probably going to touch this tonight" and nothing the rest of the way held my interest.

BTW, the best part of the show, aside from that match, was Ryback grabbing the hotdog and banana and shouting (I think?!) "It's funny because it's food!" before hitting the Shellshock (PS: Why is Ryback's finished called the Shellshock? Everything else is food-related.  Shouldn't it be food-titled?).

Oh, I did like Sheamus' match, too.  And the Randy Orton RKO stuff is what they should have been doing ever since he came back.

As a guy who stuck up for Kane the last little while, there was WAY too MUCH Kane on this show.  There was, what, three Kane promos and one match?!

So is Nikki/Naomi heel vs heel or did the Bellas turn babyface for this feud?  Best part of the show was Sheamus going Jerry Lawler by doing commentary on his own match and New Day/Lucha Dragons. I love that Big E didn't take the RKO.Rest of the show wasn't great. Seth is just not cutting it as top heel. I guess he's better than Show/Kane in the main events. I'm glad Neville didn't have to job this week on Raw.

I really liked RAW tonight. I'm usually pretty pessimistic but I guess I was just in a good mood or something. Maybe not watching last week rejuvenated my WWE batteries some or something. A lot of the stuff tonight felt different and not as predictable. Well, maybe most of the outcomes still were of course, but I had no idea who was coming out during the U.S. Title Open Challenge. We got Zack Ryder, Fandango & Adam Rose all in matches and a backstage Heath Slater segment...and a funny Bo Dallas cameo. Plus the Prime Time Players made a pretty hilarious cameo.

I'm all for different faces getting some television time. Ambrose/Harper was fun. I'm loving the new heel Sheamus. There wasn't any Stephanie. Even the commentators seemed to be having a lot of fun tonight. I was cracking up at Booker T. falling out at his own jokes.

Ryback needs a weekly vignette segment where he goes around to restaurants in the area with "finish this mammoth meal and you don't have to pay" gimmicks and eating the whole thing.

He would have been a shoe-in for Man vs. Food Nation. Amazingly Adam Richman has gone vegan, btw, and lost 60 lbs.

So is Nikki/Naomi heel vs heel or did the Bellas turn babyface for this feud?

Supposedly the Bella's went face but Nikki sure as hell didn't sound like a baby face durning the match, and who ever said it last week was dead on with pointing out how Naomi would turn heel after the Paige attack and promo but WWE would still have her with the same funkadactl music.

Ryback needs a weekly vignette segment where he goes around to restaurants in the area with "finish this mammoth meal and you don't have to pay" gimmicks and eating the whole thing.

He would have been a shoe-in for Man vs. Food Nation. Amazingly Adam Richman has gone vegan, btw, and lost 60 lbs.

He also had a quasi-meltdown by making jokes about himself being bulimic, then when people suggested that was kind of a shitty thing to do, he went ballistic busting out c-words and saying how he didn't have to apologize.  Which was weird, because he seemed like such a chill, jolly dude previously.

He also had a quasi-meltdown by making jokes about himself being bulimic, then when people suggested that was kind of a shitty thing to do, he went ballistic busting out c-words and saying how he didn't have to apologize.  Which was weird, because he seemed like such a chill, jolly dude previously.

Well that is bizarre. 

I thought it was an okay show and the Ambrose/Harper stuff + SHEAMUS owned all, but...

Why did they build to a match where the RKO is banned... by having Randy RKO everyone?

I'm going to miss the curb stomp (also, why did they so quickly stop calling it "A Piece of Mind"?), no matter how contrived it was.

Why was the curb stomp banned?

It seems the WWE are trying to protect the heads and necks of the wrestlers...

So they're keeping the phoenix splash as the ultra kill move? And gods last gift is going to be too indy-riffic?