DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 2/12/14

victor

Kane is in double digits.

I don't know if he is as many as Show though since he had large portions where I am not sure if a turn actually took place or if it was based on the whims of the crowd.

Kane has 11-12 turns by my count. (I am insane.) Still nowhere near Show.

There's no way Show turned face and tapped out in the same match. Probably just a screw up spot. Bryan has had about 80 minutes of ring time this week.

It looks like Sheamus is coming back as a face. I really don't see how they can bring him and Orton back as uppercard faces at the same time right now.

The Ascension dominated Bryan and Reigns and got dq'd for kicking too much ass? Did I fall into the mirror universe or something?

Probably one of those ignoring the ref's 5-count deal.

At this point I honestly don't care if DB and Reigns beat the shit out of the tag division. There are honestly no interesting teams. I felt the same when team Hell No cleaned the whole tag division out with chairs on Smackdown or when Cena/Orton fucked the whole Raw roster up. 

Yeah, I would think after the casket match, Kane would have a 'midlife crisis' as a character. He would realize he's no longer a 'monster' but just a man named Glenn Jacobs. He pretty much gave up on fighting the Authority so Daniel Bryan killed whatever was left of Kane. It would have a nice almost subtle level to it but then I realized that the current WWE writing staff are too freakin' disorganized to even pursue this.

two men just beat 6 established tag teams. One of the teams is a tag team champions. The only team Reigns/Bryan didn't beat was The Dust Brothers.

Calling Slater & Titus an established team is a bit of a stretch.

Big Show & Kane- Who gives a fuck?

two men just beat 6 established tag teams. One of the teams is a tag team champions. The only team Reigns/Bryan didn't beat was The Dust Brothers.

Miz/Mizdow will be breaking up soon enough. Usos have been jobbing a lot lately but are still pretty well protected. Matadores and Slater Gator don't matter one bit. Ascension were protected and Kane/Show are both so well established they can job whenever they're needed to and still be credible. 

This is like if Hogan and Savage had taken on the Orient Express, The Bolsheviks and the Conquistadors in the same night.

The Usos segment went close to twenty minutes, or half of the total time of the turmoil match.  They hardly looked weak...they even did an injury spot with the shoulder to the ringpost to set up the Yes Lock.

Amazing how Miz's role in relationship to Daniel Bryan went from "mentor" to "speed bump".

• Like 2

Calling Slater & Titus an established team is a bit of a stretch.

Big Show & Kane- Who gives a fuck?

Slater Gator has been teaming, off and on, since July 2014. For comparison, MIz & Sandow started teaming in August 2014. Slater Gator doesn't get the love for being an established team because, uh, well, they're jobbers and don't get a lot of TV time. Not to mention Heath's legal troubles took him off screen for awhile.

But, really, "who gives a fuck?" is right. Tag team wrestling doesn't matter in WWE right now. Give it another few months, and Vince will be back on the tag team bandwagon, and we'll have a few good months of a strong tag division. Rinse, repeat.

What the hell is the relevance of R-Truth in 2015? And why is he getting a somewhat competitive match against Bray Wyatt, the guy they are building up to face the Undertaker at Mania? Should've been a 2 minute squash with R-Truth getting no offense at all. Do you think The Undertaker would have any trouble at all beating R-Truth and go over 5 minutes with him? No need for any of that match at all.