DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

• 2 weeks later...

So they debuted a Ride Along episode yesterday with Bryan and Ellsworth and Slater and Rhyno

Was there any promotion of this at all?

I didn't know it happened until now when they tweeted about it

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

So they debuted a Ride Along episode yesterday with Bryan and Ellsworth and Slater and Rhyno

Was there any promotion of this at all?

I didn't know it happened until now when they tweeted about it

Remember seeing an ad for it during Raw.

Yeah, there was one ad and that was all you heard about it.  They didn't even say anything in the closing graphics which they tend to do.

But given who's driving I think I'll check it out, should be nice and wacky.

It actually wasn't too bad.

A lot of talk about Ellsworth's Indy career and the weird ass connection he has to Gillberg.

And Slater and Rhyno has a natural chemistry so them riffing off each other is nice as opposed to when they just stuff guys in a car together for the wacky.

An upcoming episode will have Cesaro and Rollins (which I remember Rollins tweeting about) and Neville and Sami Zayn

So, with the recent news that ICW is coming to the Network, with Progress and others probably following not too long after, I wonder how that's going to work. With Progress, for example, I would think that it would be a Hulu deal where the most recent season isn't available, but previous ones and chapters are. Then when they get into their newest run, that's when a new season and those chapters go up.

I also wonder if all of profanity will stay in.

Meltz suggested something similar where you wouldn't see anything live but it would serve as a VOD service. Then he recognized that ICW (and Progress) have their own VOD platforms. So it's going to be interesting. 

Yeah, I have no idea how any of that will work, unless it's something, again, like Hulu and some other services. Maybe if you're a current subscriber to ICW or Progress, you can watch that content on WWE Network. So you'll click on that "channel" on the Network, you'll be prompted to enter your login for those services, and then they'll be available to you.

So, they added a Jimmy Snuka collection today. The only thing that I don't remember popping up is a match versus Shawn Michaels. Can't imagine that that's "new" footage, though. Just not a match I'd seen personally. There's also a segment from Confidential that made me realize that I'd completely forgotten about the existence of that show.

On 1/18/2017 at 1:18 PM, RIPPA said:

It actually wasn't too bad.

A lot of talk about Ellsworth's Indy career and the weird ass connection he has to Gillberg.

And Slater and Rhyno has a natural chemistry so them riffing off each other is nice as opposed to when they just stuff guys in a car together for the wacky.

An upcoming episode will have Cesaro and Rollins (which I remember Rollins tweeting about) and Neville and Sami Zayn

The fact that Slater knows about Buccee's and knows it's a Texas tradition despite being from West Virginia just made him that more amazing to me.

• 2 weeks later...

It's quite hard to find the button to cancel your subscription now. But when you do, they ask you why you're doing it. And one of the buttons is "The booking sucks, you keep pushing shit Wrestlers I hate as top babyfaces". Polite version, obviously.

Watching the 24 on Wrestlemania Dallas and I think it is probably a good thing that the New Day talked to Triple H about his entrance for the show.   I would think that Vince would absolutely support the idea of 3 men coming out of the back of a truck that look like butt cheeks.  :D

Man that 2001 AJ Styles WWE audition tape.  When he said he wasn't ready he wasn't kidding.

Here is a list of new Hidden Gems 2 Collection that is going to be up next week

Dallas Wrestling 04/29/1952 – A Killer Challenge

Killer Kowalski is faced with some deadly double duty when he takes on Mr. Moto and Duke Keomuka in a Handicap Match in the famous Dallas Sportatorium.

Dallas Wrestling 11/08/1966 – Legends of Texas Rasslin’

In this rarely seen battle, Joe Blanchard teams with Cowboy Bob Ellis and Duke Keomuka to face Bob Geigel, Gary Hart, and Waldo Von Erich in the famous Dallas Sportatorium.

WWWF 07/29/1970 – Bruno Battles a Caged Animal

Within the hallowed grounds of Madison Square Garden, Bruno Sammartino takes on George ‘The Animal’ Steele in a Steel Cage Match.

Championship Wrestling from Florida 06/15/1972 – A Moving Demonstration

Strengthen your knowledge of wrestling maneuvers demonstrated by the likes of Danny Hodge, Harley Race, and other legends of the ring.

Mid-South Wrestling 11/27/1975 – The Cowboy and a Texas Bronco

Two western legends go head-to-head when ‘Cowboy’ Bill Watts defends the North American Championship against Terry Funk.

Stampede Wrestling 08/17/1979 – Inoki Faces The Lariat

The legendary Antonio Inoki travels North of the Border to Stampede Wrestling to take on Stan ‘The Lariat’ Hansen.

NWA Mid-Atlantic 11/22/1979 – Battle of The Nature Boys

Witness a true wrestling rarity with the only known footage of ‘The Nature Boy’ Buddy Rogers taking on ‘The Nature Boy’ Ric Flair.

NWA Big Time Wrestling 06/07/1981 – Big Cat vs Modern Day Warrior

In this classic confrontation, ‘The Big Cat’ Ernie Ladd goes one-on-one with ‘The Modern Day Warrior’ Kerry Von Erich.

Mid-South Wrestling 09/01/1983 – The Size of a Giant

Andre the Giant makes his way to Mid-South Wrestling, Bill Watts shows the fans the extraordinary size of ‘The Eighth Wonder of the World’.

Global Wrestling Federation 01/06/1992 – Cruiserweight Pioneers

Witness The Lighting Kid defend the GWF Light Heavyweight Championship against Jerry Lynn in an incredible 2-Out-of-3 Falls Match.

Stu Hart 50th Anniversary Show 12/15/1995 – The Funks Make Bad Company

The Funks look to bring some Texas Justice to Stampede Wrestling’s Showdown at the Corral in a battle against Brian Pillman and Bruce Hart.

WCW 01/27/1999 – Festival De Lucha

Konnan, Rey Mysterio, Hector Garza, and Silver King face a team led by Chris Jericho in a bout from WCW’s unaired pilot ‘Festival de Lucha’.

Ultimate Pro Wrestling 04/25/2001 – An Ultimate Encounter

Edge and Christian journey to Ultimate Pro Wrestling to take on the evolutionary duo known as Nova and Frankie Kazarian.

OVW 07/28/2001 – The Beast Meets Leviathan

Prior to Batista’s evolution into The Animal, Leviathan clashes with Brock Lesnar in this memorable battle from Ohio Valley Wrestling.

FCW 02/05/2012 – Gold Before Justice

Long before fighting for justice, the future members of The Shield battled each other for a shot at gold in this Triple Threat Match.

The Battle of the Nature Boys is apparently a 5 minute clip but not complaining at all.  

NWA Big Time Wrestling 06/07/1981 – Big Cat vs Modern Day Warrior

In this classic confrontation, ‘The Big Cat’ Ernie Ladd goes one-on-one with ‘The Modern Day Warrior’ Kerry Von Erich.

Happy Ernie Ladd month

Watching old NWA TV yesterday, the 12/7/85 (I think) show has an excellent studio match with Magnum/Houston/Billy Jack vs Arn/Tully/Ole that goes about 15 minutes with everyone getting some great shine. Definitely worth digging out, even with the obvious finish. OR IS IT? 

Spoiler

It is. :D But Sam looks great and the finish protects him nicely.