DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Thoughts on Survivor Series 97

Hey, why isn't Vince McMahon on commentary?

Road Dogg and Billy Gunn got pushed over the rest of the established tag teams, which was a great idea. If only Rockabilly had been pushed like this, the Outlaws may never have formed. They even interfered later in the show against LOD, foreshadowing their title win.

Hey, what's with that sign that says "Good luck in WCW Bret"?

Interrogator also got a strong push as the sole survivor of the Truth Commission-DOA match. Jackyl stuck around after his elimination to explain his leadership role.

Mankind did a great job putting on an entertaining match with the debuting Kane while still losing decisively.

Doug Furnas and Phil LaFon were wisely added to Team Canada since they didn’t catch fire as babyfaces. Jim Ross was great on commentary scolding Goldust for abandoning his family and sulking in the corner with his “FU” facepaint.

Hey, why is JR making mocking comments about Owen Hart being a “Canadian hero” that actually seem to be directed at Bret?

I haven’t watched my former colleague Joe Dombrowski’s documentary on the Montreal Screwjob, where he explores whether it all could be a work. I think it was a shoot, because it would require tremendous acting on everyone’s part if it were a work. I think Shawn did a lousy job of “acting” confused and surprised as he was ushered out of the building, but the “you got me” look on Bret’s face was 100 percent genuine.

So who’s the MVP? Vince McMahon. He orchestrated all of this, and somehow the loss of his champion to the competition led to his own business going through the roof. Vince’s tenure as WWF boss hasn’t been perfect, but Bret learned what all of Vince’s competition eventually learned: Vince is the house, and the house always wins.

Haven't seen it yet but at least they are trying to talk about Batista and Roman Reigns winning the Rumble and how the fans were not happy about it.    Interesting that they still let daniel Bryan do his "certain people didn't wanted him to win" talk in their DVD's.  Eventually I figure someone in the McMahon family will tell him enough is enough

OK, I ain't had th' network since that first year.  My questions now are:  Is there more WCW shit.  I don't mean PPV stuff, I mean just regular ass TV shows.  That was my favorite shit about the old-ass WWE online service where you could just watch old Superstars and Wrestling Challenge.  I never had cable so I don't know the exact names for the WCW equivalents.  But, y'know what I'm meaning here...  Y'know,,,,,, the stuff with cool promos you can use later in conversation alongside dudes fighting.

Also

I still never understood if I could watch the newest TV shows after they aired.  Like, wasn't there some bullshit where you couldn't watch the newest TV shows until 6 months passed by?  I'm wanting the newest RAW type shit available after I get off work at 2 in the morning.  Is this not a thing?  I mean, I don't really want to watch 3 hours of garbage but if there is a good abridged type show,,,,,,,,,,, I don't fucking know what the fuck I'm talking about...../././/..

Are they doin' that  "Streaming service" bullshit where shit goes away after 3 months?

When I had it, I always used the network as a nightlight type of thing to fall asleep with.  I still ain't watched all that Puerto Rico shit and that stuff just keeps me awake.

So that Royal Rumble thing is the documentary part of the Royal Rumble DVD that comes out Tuesday

The two parts featured on the Network are Pat Patterson creating the first one (and highlighting the first one)

And then it switches to talking about 2015 - that is when it gets good

12 hours ago, assfax said:

OK, I ain't had th' network since that first year.  My questions now are:  Is there more WCW shit.

I still never understood if I could watch the newest TV shows after they aired.  Like, wasn't there some bullshit where you couldn't watch the newest TV shows until 6 months passed by? 

Are they doin' that  "Streaming service" bullshit where shit goes away after 3 months?

1. They have all the COTCs and Nitros now

2. I think that's part of the deal with USA. They have to wait 30 days to put Raw and SD on the network.

3. No

On 12/1/2016 at 9:33 PM, Gorman said:

Thoughts on In Your House 18: Badd Blood

Rocky Maivia started getting re-pushed by pinning Road Warrior Hawk clean with the Rock Bottom. It happened again at Survivor Series.

I watched this show on PPV with my friend Norm Connors, who was promoting Steel City Wrestling at the time. Our champion was a big biker dude named T. Rantula. As soon as the mini luchador "Tarantula" showed up on screen, the phone rang. "Norm, call me back!!"

Let the record show that Uncle Cletus managed the Godwinns to the WWF tag team title. Less than a month later, they lost the belts to LOD and dumped Cletus. 

Steve Austin befuddled the announcers by helping Owen Hart win the IC title over Faarooq. They didn't realize that Austin wanted to regain the belt by beating the man who practically broke his neck.

Brian Pillman was supposed to wrestle Dude Love and face Goldust if he lost. Vince McMahon somberly announced Pillman's passing and surprisingly mentioned that drugs may have been involved.

Another surprise was Vader and Patriot losing the flag match in the United States to Bret and Bulldog, representing Canada. While it seemed to be the perfect time to give the win to the USA, Bret would have looked weak coming into Survivor Series off a loss.

Shawn Michaels made the Hell in a Cell match, just like he made the ladder match against Razor Ramon. The crazy bumps and the gusher of a blade job made Shawn the clear MVP. When Undertaker was on the verge of victory, Norm said, "Lights out." The lights went out, and Kane made his debut.

Listening to Austin do commentary on this show is rough. You can tell he's about to break down crying b/c his best friend had just died and he's trying to cover it up with over the top bluster.

• Like 1

I got one late last week. Mine had Joe and Nakamura listed (and they were two of my three picks). I wished they would have let us order the eras of our preferences so I could show that I'm over the attitude era and would like to see anything else covered at all on the network.