DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Tyler Breeze as the unlikely babyface going after Kevin Owens would be a fun thing. How can someone so self absorbed become a champion of the people?

Are you talking about Breeze or Owens as self absorbed champion of the people?

That is the most obvious answer, yes, But NXT has been built on most moves by their characters making sense, so and at this point I don't see Tyler Breeze becoming HBK 2k15 making a whole lot of sense.

But hey, they have until the next Takeover to make that possible if they decide to go that route.

• Like 1

I'm guessing they haven't come up with a new name for Uhaa yet, considering no one called him anything and the vignette ended with a "Coming Soon." At least they showed him next to Crowe so he could look a little taller than someone.

Tyler Breeze. I was just wondering how could they turn him into a guy that would be cheer-able against a monster like Owens.

With the crowd they have, I could see Breeze going nuts and trying to get them to stop cheering him since they're all uggos and that just making them cheer him more.

• Like 2

I never fail to be struck by how different the presentation of women is on this show compared to the main show. This show is giving time to two feuds and maybe a mini-third one for the women, and their matches are given time, and their presentation is actually diverse in terms of characterization and even look in some key ways. 

I'm hoping that HHH eventually running the company and having daughters of his own ends up improving the main show in this regard (and in a few small ways, such as running more than one women's feud at a time, it has already improved to some degree) and also making it so that women can get over and get paid more in a big company, too. 

• Like 2

It is amazing that they had to put the women in a tag match on the live special so they could fit THREE women's feuds in one two-hour show (Sasha-Becky, Charlotte-Dana, Bayley-Emma).  Maybe Alexa-Carmella fits in there somewhere too.

They sorta turned Tyler Breeze face last night when he turned on Adam Rose. It wasn't a "I have to save this guy!" face turn. But it was more of a: This guy's a cunning genius and I can appreciate that sorta thing. I would absolutely love to see him steal the match against Owens.

That Sami/Owens segment was aces. I loved the whole: "Is it because your son wears my T-Shirt" thing? Owens is the best facial actor in wrestling since Eddie Guerrero. His face told the tale. Not only is he in Sami's shadow professionally, but he's also in Sami's shadow in his own household. That's also the motivation for Owens trying to cast himself as this family man. What a great, great, great heel.

That was an interesting edit of the main event promo. I assume the extra long crowd shots were replacing Sami raising his left arm during his entrance. It made Owens look kinda silly saying he "knows Sami's injury" or whatever in ominous tones when they just had a video package explaining it all in detail. I assume we were in store for a concussion angle prior to his injury on Raw. All in all, guess you just gotta chalk it up to the hazards of taping weeks in advance. Decent coverup, all things considered.

That was an interesting edit of the main event promo. I assume the extra long crowd shots were replacing Sami raising his left arm during his entrance. It made Owens look kinda silly saying he "knows Sami's injury" or whatever in ominous tones when they just had a video package explaining it all in detail. I assume we were in store for a concussion angle prior to his injury on Raw. All in all, guess you just gotta chalk it up to the hazards of taping weeks in advance. Decent coverup, all things considered.

Didn't Zayn have a shoulder injury back around March, and just reaggravate it during his match on Raw? 

I really liked Crowe/Corbin and the post match brawl. I wouldn't have a problem if they put Rose in Itami's place for the triple threat as it kinda makes sense after Breeze gave him a cheap shot. Plus there' the potential he could be a huge baby face after the ESPN show.

All signs point to this being Sami's last match in NXT. It seems that may have been the plan all along. Thus far Owens has been a guy who always backs up what he says, and he said Sami won't be back after their next match. That would be a great way for Owens to get heat constantly reminding the fans he's the guy that put Zayn out of NXT.

Solid outing for Crowe, came off good even in a lost, the best he's looked in NXT.

Who was black pants? She seems experienced in the ring.

(That gal in the crowd with the plaid skirt was really playing it up for the camera.)

Tyler Breeze. I was just wondering how could they turn him into a guy that would be cheer-able against a monster like Owens.

They could play up the simple fact that Breeze doesn't pretend to be anything but what he is; he's refreshingly honest and straightforward compared to Owens.

He also happens to be the best opportunist in NXT.

I understand why the crowd is crapping on Baron Corbin given his ability in the ring but it isn't like he all of the sudden turned into crap.    I mean they had to realize that he wasn't beating everyone in 10 seconds his entire career.   The days of one trick ponies like 911 are kind of over in the WWE

It really does bring up the short attention span of these NXT fans and how they are booking to cater to them.   They hated Mojo Rawley so Bull Dempsey comes get a good reaction and takes care of him.  They get tired of Bull so Corbin comes in and pretty much the same thing.  Corbin dominated the feud and now Corbin is the guy the crowd hates.    The common thread is that Rawley and Dempsey is nothing in NXT before they started and looks like Corbin is next in line.

Wednesday is going to be a pretty big night for Corbin. Rhyno is the most credible opponent he's faced in NXT, so I imagine this match will be a bit longer than two minutes or so. And Rhyno is a really good worker--he was carrying Sandman's drunk ass to good matches in 2000, after all--so this should be a pretty good indicator of just how far Corbin has developed.

Up until the superkick afterwards, I was wondering if they were experimenting with a Breeze/Rose team. They had a good dynamic, and they'd be great guys to lead Enzo & Cass through a series. But I guess not.

I think Breeze could eat Hideo's offense in his sleep, at this point. Like, seriously, I imagine he just flops around in his bed like a fish out of water, going through Hideo's kick sequence in his dreams.

I understand why the crowd is crapping on Baron Corbin given his ability in the ring but it isn't like he all of the sudden turned into crap.    I mean they had to realize that he wasn't beating everyone in 10 seconds his entire career.   The days of one trick ponies like 911 are kind of over in the WWE

It really does bring up the short attention span of these NXT fans and how they are booking to cater to them.   They hated Mojo Rawley so Bull Dempsey comes get a good reaction and takes care of him.  They get tired of Bull so Corbin comes in and pretty much the same thing.  Corbin dominated the feud and now Corbin is the guy the crowd hates.    The common thread is that Rawley and Dempsey is nothing in NXT before they started and looks like Corbin is next in line.

Huh? I thought Rawley disappeared because they realized they needed to do something new with him and time away would be needed. Bull clearly had a ceiling and was obviously brought up to be eventually sacrificed to someone like Corbin. The Rhyno feud is happening to test and generally help improve Corbin. Pretty sure the idea is still for Rhyno to lose said feud in the end.

Breeze has a lot of great instincts in the ring. From grabbing Balor's hand away from tagging to the DON'T TOUCH ME at the ref a few seconds later, he definitely knows what he's doing. If he were bigger, I'd see him less Shawn and more Rick Rude or Narccisist era Luger, but as he is I worry he'll get a little more Rick Martel than I would hope. Good, but under utilized.

• Like 1

Wednesday is going to be a pretty big night for Corbin. Rhyno is the most credible opponent he's faced in NXT, so I imagine this match will be a bit longer than two minutes or so. And Rhyno is a really good worker--he was carrying Sandman's drunk ass to good matches in 2000, after all--so this should be a pretty good indicator of just how far Corbin has developed.

I caught myself watching Crowe selling for Corbin more than watching Corbin. THAT can't be good.

Neville, but I take your point.