DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

That's the same thought I had. They acknowledge their history and obviously they both have bright futures. Why not save the biggest blow off for the main roster? Zayn/Owens 4 at Wrestlemania 35 or the like.

Although that would require the whole company thinking long term which doesn't seem all that likely right now.

Yeah, Jonny's idea is awesome, but it would take two things to work:

1. Zayn needs to be booked to be important and good and a rising star.

2. The IC title needs to be booked to be important and something to be vied for (like, you know, the NXT title is booked). 

I have zero confidence that Vince McMahon and his writing team can establish both of those things. Heck, I can make an argument that the NXT Women's Championship means roughly as much as the WWE World Heavyweight Championship (in terms of just how they are booked, not in terms of how they are presented by the company), so clearly there is a steep dropoff in booking that I can't see Vince McMahon rectifying soon enough to make the idea work. 

I would love a career spanning arc with Zayn and Owens. Have it follow Dreamer and Raven.

Zayn loses in nxt but does enough to be called up.

Spends 18 months busting his butt and finally beats Neville/Bryan/Ziggler in a classic for the IC titla at Mania 33. Owens debuts the next night and APRONBOMB!

Sami returns at Payback but loses.

He fights his way back and wins the Rumble followed by the WWE titla at Mania 35.

Next night - APRONBOMB!

Sami returns but doesnt get a rematch for whatever reason. He is #1 in the Rumble and finally beats Owens for the WWE title at Mania 35 in Toronto.

Next night Owens goes for the Apronbomb again but Sami fights out. Falls count anywhere at Extreme Rules before Owens moves on to someone else for a while.

Better not let Graves hear you say that.

Graves' commentary plays a major part in building up Becky's character for me.

I'd love for them to run an angle with those two, maybe a double tsundere story.

Do you know how much I love NXT? I am now wearing a Sami Zayn and The Zayniacs shirt. I think this is the first rasslin' shirt I've ever owned. I can't remember if I had any of the ECW ones back in the day.

• Like 1

Do you know how much I love NXT? I am now wearing a Sami Zayn and The Zayniacs shirt. I think this is the first rasslin' shirt I've ever owned. I can't remember if I had any of the ECW ones back in the day.

I wore this at a show at the Ottobar and was not as out of place as I feared.  First shirt in a while I can wear without that whole "I'm wearing a wrestling shirt" vibe I get from others.

And if Charlotte's debuting tonight then it's about damn time.

I wore this at a show at the Ottobar and was not as out of place as I feared.  First shirt in a while I can wear without that whole "I'm wearing a wrestling shirt" vibe I get from others.

And if Charlotte's debuting tonight then it's about damn time.

Wearing this Sami Zayn shirt has DOUBLE HUMILIATION possibilities since it also passes (and doubles?) as a ska band T-Shirt. I would judge either. But now explaining to people "No, this is a wrestling shirt. The wrestler's character is that he's really into ska." is something I can't wait to have to explain to people.

I was prepared for such a question at the show and was going to just bullshit my way through it all, convincing them they're a new band.  Too bad I didn't get the chance to try that.

I would absolutely wear an "I'm a hugger" shirt, but a thirty-something black dude wearing that shirt would either be 1) too creepy or 2) too confusing. 

The tshirts that I wear the most are my GAEA shirt from Highspots and the Everest German Suplex shirt I bought from someone on here a million years ago, it's fucking awesome. If people can't handle the fact you like wrestling or act like you're a sex offender for it then fuck 'em.

I have a Wyatt family t-shirt on, but I am wearing a buttoned shirt over it.

Well, now you've just ruined your shocking heel turn. Thanks.

I gave an employee a write-up, today. Now I wish I'd told him "Run" as I was bringing him into the office.

• Like 1

I have a Wyatt family t-shirt on, but I am wearing a buttoned shirt over it.

Well, now you've just ruined your shocking heel turn. Thanks.

I gave an employee a write-up, today. Now I wish I'd told him "Run" as I was bringing him into the office.

I'm trying to figure out how to offer the guys who work for me a "unique opportunity" (with air quotes and Spanish accent) at review time.