DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I want the woman's match last. This is a goodbye to The Four Horsewomen. They have made NXT so incredibly special. That isn't to say that KO et al aren't great. They are. But mainstream wrestling fans have never had anything like this.

So, was Meltzer hinting that there's some sort of working relationship brewing between NXT and ROH?

Wouldn't be a bad idea. The benefits for ROH are obvious, and I don't imagine it'd hurt WWE any if some of the vets like Joe and Rhyno are free to go make an ROH payday when they're not working NXT dates. It'd make NXT a more attractive option for people WWE might want an option on, but don't want to commit to paying full-time.

I finally got around to watching NXT this week, I didn't realize it was relatively easy to stream, thought I'd have to go download/torrent it neither of which sounded particularly tempting to me.

-Samoa Joe has awful music.  Like it starts out good, but the middle part sounds like a 'Select-Your-Wrestler' screen from an N64 wrestling video game.  Match was so-so.  I really wanna be excited for Joe in NXT but it's just sorta "Ehhh".  The German guy didn't look bad.

-I feel bad for Eva Marie because she's apparently trying to improve and she will have nuclear heat and is trying to play into it but you can tell she just can't.  Her voice is not nearly strong enough to talk to the crowd, she has no confidence in it.

-Blake/Murphy vs guys was pretty fun.  I like the guy who looked like Damien Sandow's brother who calls himself a drifter and apparently has business cards with his name and 'Drifter' on it.  He should be signed right away just because of that.  Have they ever given Blake or Murphy last names...or first names.  If not, I vote for them being known as Blake Murphy and Murphy Blake.  That move with Alundra Blaze (I just remembered that's not her name, but I'm not deleting it) afterwards was really great.  Personally, I'd make the other guy dye his hair blonde and have them all blonde.

-Women's match was great, though I was disappointed that Charlotte's weave just kind of came off, wasn't ripped off during a heated brawl.

Have they ever given Blake or Murphy last names...or first names.  If not, I vote for them being known as Blake Murphy and Murphy Blake.  That move with Alundra Blaze (I just remembered that's not her name, but I'm not deleting it) afterwards was really great.  Personally, I'd make the other guy dye his hair blonde and have them all blonde.

-Women's match was great, though I was disappointed that Charlotte's weave just kind of came off, wasn't ripped off during a heated brawl.

They were initially named Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy. Hence, some people called them the Wesling Buddies until they got the BAMF (Blake-Alexa-Murphy Factor) name.

I went back and watched the previous week's episode

-Dana Brooke is kinda awesome.  She's not on Banks et. al's level yet of course, but I think she might end up pretty fun in the ring.

-Marcus Louis is one Superman shirt away from

super-sloth.jpg

-That match between Louis and Crowe was an awful exhibition of two dudes trying too hard.  "NXT's Little Monster"? That's terrible.

-Main Event was fun but never really got going.  Cass and Enzo have gotten a lot better in the ring from the last time I saw them.  Vaudevillains are all right, but I kinda really miss English singing songs on the way to the ring and the crowd buying him roses.  I thought that was a much better gimmick then old-timey movie villain.

• Like 1

So, was Meltzer hinting that there's some sort of working relationship brewing between NXT and ROH?

I don't think so.

Dave ‏@TheBoss007  3h3 hours ago

Any truth to the rumors that NXT and ROH are going to be working together?  @davemeltzerWON

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON  2h2 hours ago
@TheBoss007 haven't heard that one.

arryn Simmons ‏@Darryn1226  Jul 16
@davemeltzerWON So WWE may begin to try to book the top NJPW guys for NXT so ROH can't?

Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON  23h23 hours ago
@Darryn1226 If you were in competition with ROH right now, what would you do?  That's a good predictor.

Opinion from watching some more NXT/reading recaps:

Summer Rae is so underrated.

Summer Rae is criminally under-rated and missed used in the main roster. I think her true calling is that of a manager or alpha of a group.

Here's what Meltzer said is coming next in the NXT vs ROH thing. Or whatever you want to call it. Oh, and a Full Sail student said they're hanging New Japan banners inside now too.

Y432BQN.jpg

1437197303146.png

Presumably. RoH's TV is safe as long as Sinclair owns them...

That's the problem, though- if it's "something ROH would never see coming", and nothing else makes sense (even a talent raid is expectable, since WWE signed away three active ROH World Champions in ROH's run)- the only other thing possible is "WWE's trying to buy ROH from Sinclair".

Just catching Sasha/Charlotte. Awesome match from two of my favorites. Tons of really cool sequences throughout from both. Loved it. They and Becky are the best, hope they all do well on the main roster.

Presumably. RoH's TV is safe as long as Sinclair owns them...

That's the problem, though- if it's "something ROH would never see coming", and nothing else makes sense (even a talent raid is expectable, since WWE signed away three active ROH World Champions in ROH's run)- the only other thing possible is "WWE's trying to buy ROH from Sinclair".

Maybe raid some of the behind the scenes people and cripple the company that way?

I'm pretty sure WWE trying to buy ROH is something they'd see coming as they'd be involved. Strong arming the venues is something it sounds like they've done without ROH knowing about it until it's too late.