DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

If I had to make a prediton I would say that Breeze should be voted most likely to take the GtS considering the number of times Itami has teased the thing at this point.  Theres really no reason to not reclaim the move from Punk at this point.

"CM Punk" chants.

Which isn't to say he shouldn't use the move. Just saying there's a reason not to.

Itami finally hitting the GtS would be great but if he hits on Breeze of all people for the first time, that would make it all the more special. He'd destroy Prince Pretty's looks!

I think the Punk chants would be an initial barrier on the main roster for Itami to overcome but the NXT fans would bully the handful of nerdlingers who attempted to chant "CM Punk" at Full Sail.

He'll reclaim it eventually, I think. I mean, people started using the Crippler Crossface again and that has a way worse association. Or maybe he could evolve and get a new finish. I'm not sure he could use the GtS well on the main roster.

Lynch and Bailey seemed kinda clunky in spots, mostly during Becky's control segments. I feel like she would make a better face.

I much prefer face Becky too. Heel Becky isn't doing it for me, which is crazy because I liked her heel work in SHIMMER. Not sure why this version isn't winning me over. 

He'll reclaim it eventually, I think. I mean, people started using the Crippler Crossface again and that has a way worse association. Or maybe he could evolve and get a new finish. I'm not sure he could use the GtS well on the main roster.

In defence of reissuing the crossface within a year of Benoit's death, even WWE crowds aren't low down enough to really get behind a Benoit chant. 

I could see facepainted Bálor using that. It would seperate him from regular Finn.

I don't see it with Itami. I don't think they wanna do stereotypical Asian wrestler stuff with him. Though, he does wear a fucking gi now, so maybe I'm wrong.

• Like 1

I could see facepainted Bálor using that. It would seperate him from regular Finn.

I don't see it with Itami. I don't think they wanna do stereotypical Asian wrestler stuff with him. Though, he does wear a fucking gi now, so maybe I'm wrong.

This goes back to my "painted Finn as Muta" thoughts. It would be over like rover if booked right.

• Like 1

Maybe he's like Ernest Miller. If he puts on his gi, it means he's gonna whoop up on everybody in here.

• Like 2

Maybe he's like Ernest Miller. If he puts on his gi, it means he's gonna whoop up on everybody in here.

I think Itami kicking people with a loaded loafer and then dancing like James Brown probably gets him more over on the main roster than spitting mist.

• Like 4

In defence of reissuing the crossface within a year of Benoit's death, even WWE crowds aren't low down enough to really get behind a Benoit chant.

They would in Philly.

Maybe he's like Ernest Miller. If he puts on his gi, it means he's gonna whoop up on everybody in here.

I think Itami kicking people with a loaded loafer and then dancing like James Brown probably gets him more over on the main roster than spitting mist.

Don't tempt me with a good time.

Anybody have any idea what sort of deal Sami Zayn has? Seems like it has to be more than the basic developmental deal. This is his 2nd shirt and he also has a new action figure coming out and he was featured in the last video game. If he's getting paid a better living wage than most developmental guys, gets to rake in royalties from these things, doesn't have to travel as much as main roster guys (I know he makes some house shows and is currently on the Abu Dabi tour, but he's not on the road as much as main guys), and he gets to be in NXT where he gets time to develop storylines, character, and put on longer matches with meaning, why would he ever want to be called up to the "big time"? Seems like he has a sweet spot of a deal to me.

• Like 3

Anybody have any idea what sort of deal Sami Zayn has? Seems like it has to be more than the basic developmental deal. This is his 2nd shirt and he also has a new action figure coming out and he was featured in the last video game. If he's getting paid a better living wage than most developmental guys, gets to rake in royalties from these things, doesn't have to travel as much as main roster guys (I know he makes some house shows and is currently on the Abu Dabi tour, but he's not on the road as much as main guys), and he gets to be in NXT where he gets time to develop storylines, character, and put on longer matches with meaning, why would he ever want to be called up to the "big time"? Seems like he has a sweet spot of a deal to me.

I'm sure Zayn's motivated enough not to just settle for NXT.  There's always the challenge to see if you can succeed in the WWE.  And getting the NXT title is pretty much like graduating WWE developmental.  You've gotta make room for some new blood.

There's also probably a big difference between the decent living he's getting in NXT and what he could be making if he were in a good spot on the main roster.

There's also the fact that NXT is probably a cost center for WWE, not a profit center. He's not going to be valuable to WWE in his current spot.

I still can't believe MVP thought he would get away with a tribute Benoit triple german + headbutt complete with 'throat slash' & 'point to the heavens'. Glad the crowd shit all over it.

Only if we got a half-hour infomercial for Itami-Bo