DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Loved the Balor/Neville match and the women's 4 way, I'm so glad that Charlotte finally put someone over and equally as glad it wasn't Bayley since the moment with her expired 6 months ago. I was pulling for Becky but I love Sasha and she deserved her moment. I can't wait until Charlotte is gone from NXT. I thought Breeze/Itami was fun as hell and was hoping for shenanigans at the finish but it was enjoyable. I was impressed the Dragons and the other team salvaged a horribly rough beginning to make the last half of the tag title match good.

I have to rewatch the main because as of right now I have no idea how I feel about it. It was an amazing spectacle but I wish it would've been shorter. I was hoping for Owens to just maul him and end it in sub-10 minutes and what they ended up doing was something I don't think anyone expected.

Zayn is the modern day Bret Hart in regards to how he sells and can get the fans to buy into and feel every horrible thing that's happening to him during his match. Zayn might be the best wrestler in the world right, it's amazing.

The main reminded me so much of Vader/Sting at Bash '92.  Great freaking booking on this show top to bottom. Zayn still comes out of this looking like a superstar and Owens is a killer. Wow.

Awesome women's match too.  Sasha Banks is so great.  Holy crap, her crossface. She had that shit locked in tight.

These NXT specials are so damn fun and they keep getting better somehow.  My lord.

My initial thoughts are that the tag match was one of the worst things I've ever seen and the women's 4 way was the best match on the show. The main was booked tremendously, but I didn't feel connected to it like I did with the Aggro Bayley stuff. It really felt like all the ladies brought a new level to win the belt and that's what a title match should be.

The tag match was almost incomprehensibly bad. Sorry to keep harping on it, but watching it was like watching a terrible magic trick. I felt bad for them and I felt awkward for sitting there.

Oh yeah, when the woman came over the guardrail to hug Tyler Breeze, I loved that he just had this great smirk that said, "This happens all the time. Can you believe it? Of course you can. I'm Tyler Breeze. Look at me."

Glorious. 

• Like 8

Yeah I was hoping they would book the main like Sting/Vader GAB92, and that's pretty much what we got only with a TKO finish. Man, Owens was so great going after Zayn during those closing moments.

Sasha is getting her much deserved props(she feels like an easy top 5 in WWE performer right now), but I though Bayley took her game to another level. Really looking forward to a Sasha title defense vs the more aggressive Bayley. Becky at least showed something this match, but she probably needs a program with Emma to be built up.

Some of you are being waaay too harsh on the tag match. Yeah, there were a few pretty bad botches, but they got it dialed in pretty well for the last few minutes.

Dempsey/Corbin, though? That didn't feel like it belonged on this show.

Everything else? Just overall great.

One of the things that struck me is how in over a year of watching, NXT has never once left me going "Why the fuck did they book THAT?" Everything on this show makes SENSE. Even stuff I don't like, (Corbin, Mojo,) I see why they do what they do. It makes it so much easier to get into that "fan" zone where you're not worried about booking and the next match and the next show, you're just sitting down watching what you're seeing.

• Like 3

Actually lowkey hated the finish to Zayn/Owens.  I guess I'll just admit I've never been a Steen fan either, so I wasn't in love with the match, but it was still fine.  Loved the show otherwise.  My feed crapping out in the main kinda took me out of it some.

Gotta jump in on the Sasha Banks lovefest cause I think she might be the most complete Divas WWE's had right in terms or wrestling and character.  Even when you can see her break character while holding the title, she snapped back in after Charlotte tried and awkwardly hugged her. 

My favorite Grave Lynch line was him saying you can't buy a NXT Title at Hot Topic.

Graves killing Lynch is hilarious and came out of no where over the last few weeks.

Really liked the womens match and I thought the tag match picked up by the end.

Zayn/Owens seems like a set up for something more, which I like.

Speaking of the ladies match, I really think they are going to wait way too late to put the belt on Bayley.

Maybe, but Sasha is better then Bayley, so...

I think I love Sasha like I loved Lynch the first few times I saw her in Shimmer, where I want to watch her perform constantly because she's clearly freaking amazing.

• Like 1

Charlotte is easily my least favorite wrestler in NXT to the point I was going to be legit pissed if she won lol. Yeah she's an incredible athlete who has great matches at the specials, but I can't stand her attitude and the ripping off her old man stuff. I agree Bayley lost some steam, but I think she's getting it back.

Re: Sasha Banks, I think she has awesome offense. I really like the double-knees in the corner, I think the Bank Statement looks pretty vicious. I think she's a level above every woman in the company not named Nikki Bella in terms of offense that looks vicious. 

Her character work is fantastic, too. She comes off as really hateful. I almost wish she'd stay off Twitter. Every time I see one of her tweets posted somewhere, it's nice and supportive and often kinda nerdy, so the exact opposite of her character. 

Yeah, I don't get this "it's too late for Bayley" talk. NXT booking is really solid. I'm confident they can make it work if they decide to make her champion one day. And she's good enough that she can make it work for herself as well.

But yeah, Sasha is great and I practically jumped out of my seat when she scored the pinfall. I don't like Charlotte. I get why she was champion, but I just don't buy into her at all. I don't really watch Raw anymore, so if this the beginning of her start on the main roster, I'd be totally fine with it. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't get this "it's too late for Bayley" talk. NXT booking is really solid. I'm confident they can make it work if they decide to make her champion one day. And she's good enough that she can make it work for herself as well.

But yeah, Sasha is great and I practically jumped out of my seat when she scored the pinfall. I don't like Charlotte. I get why she was champion, but I just don't buy into her at all. I don't really watch Raw anymore, so if this the beginning of her start on the main roster, I'd be totally fine with it. 

Bayley's time will come.  She's probably next up to get the title, but her character still needs time to "grow up".  But if Charlotte is getting called up, she'll be the #1 NXT Diva from here on out.

Exactly and her beating Sasha is the ultimate good triumphs over evil storyline. Who are you to doubt Triple H?

We got a Mulkey reference also! And that first stomp to Neville's skull was incredibly gruesome. While I think it got a little kick-out happy at the end, Balor/Neville rocked overall. I enjoyed the story around the top rope. Neville's ready for the big show and he's come so far in the past year and a bit. Good on him.

Yeah we are just starting to see the aggressive Bayley trying to get rid of that image of being a push over.  Eventually it will pay off and against Sasha is the right person

Although I must say if I see a grown man with a "I am a hugger" T-shirt at a wrestling show  I will get a little nervous.    Luckily her core market is young girls.

I wonder if they will let Zayn do a Brainbustaaaaaaaaaaaah on Owens from the top rope like they did in the indies?  I mean you already hear the reaction that Itami gets for attempting a GTS.     Zayn getting the win with that move may explode the building in cheers