DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

I could see facepainted Bálor using that. It would seperate him from regular Finn.

I don't see it with Itami. I don't think they wanna do stereotypical Asian wrestler stuff with him. Though, he does wear a fucking gi now, so maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe he's like Ernest Miller. If he puts on his gi, it means he's gonna whoop up on everybody in here.

I think Itami kicking people with a loaded loafer and then dancing like James Brown probably gets him more over on the main roster than spitting mist.

Don't tempt me with a good time.

Anybody have any idea what sort of deal Sami Zayn has? Seems like it has to be more than the basic developmental deal. This is his 2nd shirt and he also has a new action figure coming out and he was featured in the last video game. If he's getting paid a better living wage than most developmental guys, gets to rake in royalties from these things, doesn't have to travel as much as main roster guys (I know he makes some house shows and is currently on the Abu Dabi tour, but he's not on the road as much as main guys), and he gets to be in NXT where he gets time to develop storylines, character, and put on longer matches with meaning, why would he ever want to be called up to the "big time"? Seems like he has a sweet spot of a deal to me.

• Like 3

Anybody have any idea what sort of deal Sami Zayn has? Seems like it has to be more than the basic developmental deal. This is his 2nd shirt and he also has a new action figure coming out and he was featured in the last video game. If he's getting paid a better living wage than most developmental guys, gets to rake in royalties from these things, doesn't have to travel as much as main roster guys (I know he makes some house shows and is currently on the Abu Dabi tour, but he's not on the road as much as main guys), and he gets to be in NXT where he gets time to develop storylines, character, and put on longer matches with meaning, why would he ever want to be called up to the "big time"? Seems like he has a sweet spot of a deal to me.

I'm sure Zayn's motivated enough not to just settle for NXT.  There's always the challenge to see if you can succeed in the WWE.  And getting the NXT title is pretty much like graduating WWE developmental.  You've gotta make room for some new blood.

There's also probably a big difference between the decent living he's getting in NXT and what he could be making if he were in a good spot on the main roster.

There's also the fact that NXT is probably a cost center for WWE, not a profit center. He's not going to be valuable to WWE in his current spot.

He'll reclaim it eventually, I think. I mean, people started using the Crippler Crossface again and that has a way worse association. Or maybe he could evolve and get a new finish. I'm not sure he could use the GtS well on the main roster.

In defence of reissuing the crossface within a year of Benoit's death, even WWE crowds aren't low down enough to really get behind a Benoit chant. 

I still can't believe MVP thought he would get away with a tribute Benoit triple german + headbutt complete with 'throat slash' & 'point to the heavens'. Glad the crowd shit all over it.

I could see facepainted Bálor using that. It would seperate him from regular Finn.

I don't see it with Itami. I don't think they wanna do stereotypical Asian wrestler stuff with him. Though, he does wear a fucking gi now, so maybe I'm wrong.

Maybe he's like Ernest Miller. If he puts on his gi, it means he's gonna whoop up on everybody in here.

I think Itami kicking people with a loaded loafer and then dancing like James Brown probably gets him more over on the main roster than spitting mist.

Only if we got a half-hour infomercial for Itami-Bo

watched this for the first time in a minute.. KENTA/Devitt was pretty fly! like.. really edited and WWE-y, but assuming stuff gets more time at next week's show, I think I tuned in at the right moment.

After his Twitter fiasco this morning, I was really thinking I'd like to see Darren Young get a stint in NXT. Let him concentrate on his ringwork and let him work on his personality in the ring and on the mic. He's never going to be Ric Flair, but based on some of the youtube stuff he's done I think he could be a much more solid hand on TV then they let him be, and 'openly gay strong midcard challenge to the IC title' isn't a bad spot to have filled in a company that pushes BE A STAR so hard.

Anyone else ya'll would like to see get that 'career reset in NXT' push?

I can see someone like a Brad Maddox (judging from that awesome youtube video he posted a few weeks ago) reestablishing himself in NXT's environment.

Pretty excited about the show tonight, which is a rarity, even WrestleMania doesn't give me the semi it once did a few years ago but there's something about these shows that makes me feel like I'm 12 again. Every match looks great, I can see the main event being up there with Zayn/Neville from the previous show. Hoping to see Solomon Crowe debut, also.

After his Twitter fiasco this morning, I was really thinking I'd like to see Darren Young get a stint in NXT. Let him concentrate on his ringwork and let him work on his personality in the ring and on the mic. He's never going to be Ric Flair, but based on some of the youtube stuff he's done I think he could be a much more solid hand on TV then they let him be, and 'openly gay strong midcard challenge to the IC title' isn't a bad spot to have filled in a company that pushes BE A STAR so hard.

Anyone else ya'll would like to see get that 'career reset in NXT' push?

Darren Young and Percy Watson had a fun gimmick together in FCW as the South Beach Boys. They had a great catchphrase, too: "We stay ready so we don't have to get ready."

I'd love to see Eric Rowan come down as his new face discovering his humanity persona. It would be fun seeing him atone for Bray's sins and the like.

Alicia Fox in a bigger role would be the divas choice.

I could also get down with Sandow returning as his old intellectual genius role while DENYING he's the Miz's body double. "That's Mizdow. I don't know who that is!"