DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

Yeah, I foresee a Diesel-style get-up in Corbin's future. He's physically imposing from the chest up, but the "used to be a fat dude" belly flap throws off the look.

I want him to paint his "belly flap" like a mouth. Sort of Balor-esque. Then, he can open it and make scary monster sounds. That can be the only promos he ever cuts, monster noises from his painted belly-mouth.

I get up really early and think about stuff like this...

• Like 1

With there being a no DQ match at Takeover: Rival. Can we get Dusty as guest commentator for that match? I feel it would add more to the match and it would sports entertain me

He's got a bicycle!

EDIT: Speaking of that line, did any commentators try to sneak it in on Superstars or any of the other shows that people weren't watching when Hunico and Camacho were doing their thing?

I liked Neville/Corbin but I agree Corbin needed to step it up a little. He needs some mid-level power moves like a tilt-a-whirl something or a cool suplex.

Someone asked Corbin about that on Twitter, to the effect of "When will you use more than 2 moves?", and he replied: "When I need to."

What a badass. I'm all in on the Corbin bandwagon, I love the guy personally.

• Like 2

Me too. I think he'll be a star someday. Maybe not the face of the company or anything, but he should occupy the top of the card. I said it before, but he reminds me a lot of Edge when Edge first started. Similar body type, but Corbin uses more power moves. Corbin has the same mystique too. In fact, fuck it, just ape Edge's vignettes that used lyrics from Nine Inch Nails songs when it's time to bring up Corbin. 

Well, if Bray ever gets a Dungeon of Doom, he can summon Satannish:

6782.jpg

Didnt Master Pandemonium also have a mouth stomach

Master Pandemonium had demons for arms and a star in his chest where his soul should be.

The shit I know.

I thought that Corbin was in the wrong place for him to have his first real competitive match against a face where he had to have control segments.  I think having his matches with Bull be a little less one sided would have been a better opportunity for him to have a good outing.  Instead he has to cut down his explosiveness a bit so he can hold Adrian down.

Itami is currently reminding me of Tyson Kidd before Tyson Kidd became awesome.  Good wrestler but something is missing to really create that buy in that a superstar needs to stand out.  Having Balor come in right behind him just made him less unique really quickly like when the Radicals came in right after Taz in the E. 

• Like 2

Edge's hype videos used NIN lyrics? I didn't know that, that's pretty cool.

Yeah if i remember correctly the first one had some lines from Mr. Self Destruct.

Good show this week as usual. I wish Corbin and Neville had a couple more minutes, probably my favorite Corbin match so far. Probably had a lot to do with Neville working his ass off to make Corbin look strong.

Like the structure of the Emma/Carmella match, Emma looked downright vicious and had a misstep and it lead to her losing. Good way to make both of them come out looking good.

Lynch and Bailey seemed kinda clunky in spots, mostly during Becky's control segments. I feel like she would make a better face.

Itami and Balor was great. Both guys worked their asses off, Itami came off as more of the underdog and he played the role well. The dropkick into the corner was sick. Looking forward to seeing what Neville and Balor do at Rival.

I know its been said countless times but Raw could benefit alot from being more like nXt. The video package at the end was a perfect example of that.

Itami is currently reminding me of Tyson Kidd before Tyson Kidd became awesome. Good wrestler but something is missing to really create that buy in that a superstar needs to stand out.

It's confidence, I think. Itami's had to readjust his entire moveset, since Punk and Bryan stole all his signature moves, and he can't work as stiff as he did in Japan. That's got to be a little demoralizing. But I think he's starting to get some of it back. The match with Balor was his best yet in NXT, and I think it's no coincidence it was with someone used to working a stiffer style.

I think if you really wanted to pinpoint one thing for Itami, it's his moveset. He's got a "good wrestler" gimmick but hasn't found any spots that pop the crowd. They're dying for him to use the G2S, but it never happens. His finisher seems to change every week, and none of them have been particularly inspiring. I've still yet to see him do the falcon arrow, or the slingshot into the ring with the arrogant back kick to the head. Both of those seem like they would get over.

Also the booking hasn't been too kind to him, although I think that's just accidental fallout from the strong booking of Balor. Itami got a 5* debut, but then got beat down by the Ascension for like 2 months straight, and his "backup" has since out-performed him in every way, including beating him clean this past week. No doubt Balor is a great talent with serious main event potential who deserves every bit of his current push, I don't want to come across like I'm complaining about that. I just think his push has had some unintentional negative side effects for Itami, most of which would've been averted if he connected with the fans through his matches mind you.

• Like 1

I don't think this has been posted, yet. This didn't air on the show I believe.

Seems like an inpromptu Itami vs. Breeze match could be added to the show next week. This could turn out to be the best 2-hour NXT show, yet.

Even though Balor & the referee were obviously trying to pass conversation and hide his bleeding of the mouth, that did kinda help Itami in my book, as it helped heighten the belief that Balor had taken some rough shots & was in a real war with Itami.

I don't think this has been posted, yet. This didn't air on the show I believe.

Seems like an inpromptu Itami vs. Breeze match could be added to the show next week. This could turn out to be the best 2-hour NXT show, yet.

They've actually been building it the past week or two on Twitter.

If I had to make a prediton I would say that Breeze should be voted most likely to take the GtS considering the number of times Itami has teased the thing at this point.  Theres really no reason to not reclaim the move from Punk at this point.  

Breeze/Itami > Balor/Itami

Looking past movez and entrances Itami is a better wrestler than Balor from what I've seen. I'm not seeing Finn as a can't miss main eventer. He looked small in there with Axel, and beyond the paint I'm not seeing the charisma either. Promo wise he's got a ways to go to be anything better than passable. Jeff Hardy had a connection with the audience from being in some of the most famous matches in WWE history before he started the paint stuff. I don't see Balor walking in day one with the paint, and everyone losing their minds because of it.

When Itami goes into badass Kenta rush mode he's way more believable than any other guy his size. I agree that we'll see the GTS on Breeze at Rival, and after that it could be all smooth sailing for Hideo to finally have his finish back.