DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

A second facial expression would be nice, too.

I am absolutely not buying that blank look on his face as a "thousand yard stare" like he's some ex-Marine with Fallujah nightmares and not a former football player.

To be fair, he did have a little smile in his early squashes that he was obviously told to lose.

Id like to see Corbin and someone go the Raven/Dreamer route.

Pick a guy to upset Corbin (Gable, Breeze, Balor...) and have the result go his way half a dozen times over the course of a couple of years.

In between Corbin can keep steamrolling his way to the title all while Gable/Breeze/Balor get brought up as his "Kryptonite".

Its the one thing that has always been missing from Cena's "Superman" - that one guy he can never, ever beat.

Give that to Corbin and it deepens his character instantly.

I actually love stuff like this, especially when it's done right. You mentioned Raven/Dreamer, but I can recall KENTA/Sugiura, and HHH/Shelton as other good examples.

Someone needs to show Corbin how to throw a worked punch. And maybe give him the number to whoever did Chavo Jr.'s hair plugs.

how petty
He's in a business where your appearance is generally the biggest factor in determining how successful you are. He's gonna have to do something about his thinning hair sooner or later.

A second facial expression would be nice, too.

I am absolutely not buying that blank look on his face as a "thousand yard stare" like he's some ex-Marine with Fallujah nightmares and not a former football player.

To be fair, he did have a little smile in his early squashes that he was obviously told to lose.

For some reason, I interpreted this as Baron was booked to lose his early matches, but called an audible/shoot won (with his totally realistic finisher) instead. And now that he's booked to win, he doesn't smile because he gets no thrill from sticking it to the writers. I might need sleep.

• Like 1

Id like to see Corbin and someone go the Raven/Dreamer route.

Pick a guy to upset Corbin (Gable, Breeze, Balor...) and have the result go his way half a dozen times over the course of a couple of years.

In between Corbin can keep steamrolling his way to the title all while Gable/Breeze/Balor get brought up as his "Kryptonite".

Its the one thing that has always been missing from Cena's "Superman" - that one guy he can never, ever beat.

Give that to Corbin and it deepens his character instantly.

I actually love stuff like this, especially when it's done right. You mentioned Raven/Dreamer, but I can recall KENTA/Sugiura, and HHH/Shelton as other good examples.

Didn't Trips eventually beat Shelton and it was treated as no big deal? I wanna say it was during some tournament.

KENTA/Sugiura was super duper awesomely booked. KENTA finally got his huge win in an important setting and then the next month Sugiura beat him in less than two minutes. So with creative booking even prolonging the feud after the big win shouldn't be an issue.

Rewatched the Fatal 4 Way special last night main event it still kicks a lot of ass just like it did live 4 months ago. Very interesting the move that Zayn was going to win the title on before Neville pulled the ref out of the ring was the Helluva Kick.

Breeze/Itami was awesome both guys really brought it. Breeze is getting pretty damn good. Balor/Axel was a solid little match. I liked Bayley getting more aggressive, and also Sasha's reaction when Becky was announced in the title match. Zayn brings the fire like no other babyface right now.

Breeze/Itami was really friggin' awesome. Hideo needs a better finisher. That's all he's missing. He's got a PERSONA to him and he also sells "out on his feet" really friggin' well. His comeback when the petulant Breeze started doing the Bryan Nexus "YOU ARE NOT BETTER THAN ME!" stuff was a great Hulk-up. It felt like a guy who knew he was on the ropes and had to step up immediately or the match was lost.

Hats off to Breeze, though. This was one of his best matches. He's really mastered being a cheap shot artist/chickenshit who hides behinds the ref but also is a confident, poised wrestler. He doesn't HAVE to do all that b.s., but getting under his opponents skin with his nonsense is such an easy thing for him to do.

Breeze/Itami was awesome, and I am really looking forward to the Women's Championship Fatal Fourway. 

Oh, I'm also ready for my Buddy Murphy/Wesley Blake NXT megapush in 2015. Let's make this happen.

I am really looking forward to the Women's Championship Fatal Fourway. 

Me too...it will be interesting to see if NXT does a fourway like WWE does (2 magically down-to-1 on 1-pin attempt-throw out-repeat) or something else. 

More importantly, does Bailey finally win the strap?

I am going to be so annoyed if Charlotte loses the belt without putting anyone over and then goes to the main roster. I wouldn't be remotely surprised if she retained to be honest.

Same here. Hoping she retains as I was really wanting Charlotte/Becky one on one for the next live show.. not as interested in the 4 way.

I'm interested in seeing how the 4-way works out. I actually don't mind seeing Charlotte lose the belt in it though I rather she retain and continue to have a lengthy reign that ends in Bailey beating her for the belt.

Not crazy about Owens/Zayn being non-title, makes the whole show feel a lot less special imo. Hopefully they fix that with Owens refusing to sign the contract otherwise. Wouldn't make much sense for his character to do anything else.

The tournament is an interesting field, and I hope they play it straight and not take the easy route of doing a Corbin/Dempsey double count out. I'm sure Balor/Itami would rule in the finals, but I think Balor/Corbin has more intrigue.

I like the match being non-title from a storytelling perspective. Regal's explanation makes total sense, and it gives the feud a really interesting dynamic. Owens just wants the title, and gets to play the "justified heel" card by saying that Zayn is the one making it personal. Zayn spent over a year chasing the belt, but has now been pushed to saying that he doesn't care about it, he just wants to punish his former best friend. It's a really interesting, layered story, especially compared to main roster stuff like New Day, who are black guys who just want to dance and also Big E sweats a lot.

• Like 1

The problem with the non-title stip is that it goes against everything they've been building with Owens so far. Everything he's done is mainly to shoot past everyone else who "doesn't deserve" to be ahead of him and get straight to the top. He should refuse to sign for a non-title match, and instead offer to take on another match if he needs to "earn it" for Regal. Sami would be so hot, he'd hastily put the title on the line and Regal would have no choice with his show in two weeks and only one main event people are interested in.